How to add a preview to songs?

Marathon

Question

I'm not sure how I'm suppose to add a preview to songs without the actual song bring shorten to that preview. Anything sort of tips on how to fix this?

So I pretty much create CDLC from different video games to be put in a video game... Neato.

Oh sweet baby Jesus I created a Workshop so you can check out all the current projects that I'll going to splew upon you guys.

5 answers to this question

You mean that the sound ingame is the preview and not the song, right?

In your project folder you need to have both the song and the preview, both in .wav format (you can use audacity to convert any audio file to it, or use EOF that creates the files when you select an mp3 or ogg as your source), for this I'll be calling them:

audio: songname.wav

preview: songname_preview.wav

In the toolkit, you'd have to select the "songname.wav" file for the audio, and if there's any file following the syntax "songname_preview.wav", it'll be included as a manual preview.

Even more, the latest version of the toolkit generates a preview automatically if there's not any songname_preview.wav file in the folder.

• Like 1

You mean that the sound ingame is the preview and not the song, right?

In your project folder you need to have both the song and the preview, both in .wav format (you can use audacity to convert any audio file to it, or use EOF that creates the files when you select an mp3 or ogg as your source), for this I'll be calling them:

audio: songname.wav

preview: songname_preview.wav

In the toolkit, you'd have to select the "songname.wav" file for the audio, and if there's any file following the syntax "songname_preview.wav", it'll be included as a manual preview.

Even more, the latest version of the toolkit generates a preview automatically if there's not any songname_preview.wav file in the folder.

Ah alright I see. I actually haven't updated the toolkit in a while because of a few bugs it had in previous version. Thanks.

Edit:

Another question since it's on the same topic but when I try to generate the song it's telling me that there is a tone error and that it is not properly defined and that I have to use Eof to reauthor custom tones. Well I've changed the tone names and tried again and it's giving me the same thing.

So I pretty much create CDLC from different video games to be put in a video game... Neato.

Oh sweet baby Jesus I created a Workshop so you can check out all the current projects that I'll going to splew upon you guys.

I never experienced that particular error, but from past experience, all errors I had regarding EOF in the past were fixed by updating EOF and redoing whatever was causing it. In your case try to update, load your project, erase all tone changes and create them again, and see if that fixes it.

If not, try to create a thread or asking in the development section, those guys are constantly working to improve the programs and I'm sure they could use a bug report.

So I was looking through it and it seems that the tones don't fix themselves when I redo them in Eof and I can't seem to find them in notepad. I can send you the XML file if you would like to try to take a look