Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 85

Finally fixed beatmap at first of half verse, i hope now we can start hard practice.

This was my stupid fault, notes was shifted  just about at half of beat together with beatmap. Bass seated right, so at bass was impossible to see issue. I`m very sorry.

Link to updated cdlc 2.4 Megadeth

Thanks a lot, I ended up just trying to sync myself to the music but now we have an accurate chart it'll be much easier!

• Like 1
Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

Thanks to all for feedback and help. Nice work  in team :) I sure there is yet is big room for improvement, but most of not for my skill. Sorry, that high skill players not involved there. Anyway this interesting track, enough ready for practice. if anyone want continue improve this one there link to EOF file

@@albatross213 no it was my fault, i was fooled off beat drum there, and tried to set beatmap to drum, it was wrong. All bass drum there between notes (at guitars).

• Like 2

@@then3verend - Thanks for helping fix my problems!

http://i.imgur.com/ODfcTjH.jpg

Ball's in your court now.

Edit: Video

Oddly enough, I think I was tensest during the parts between the first chorus and second verse.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 5

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Dead End Friends on bass is up to 85% but still feels like a random note generator on the last third.

I decided to try something easier just for fun and got over 98% on Goodnight Moon bass on my 2nd and 3rd attempts.

I've got a sinking feeling that working on songs that are too far over my head does more harm than good because I can't learn them and build up my speed in one week, so I make do with sloppy as long as I get a valid score.

• Like 6

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@@2groggy - I think you can make do with trying to play songs at practically any skill level (though trying stuff way beyond your skill level probably is more frustrating than useful)

1) Play stuff that I'd call "below my skill level" in Rocksmith and record myself. I've done it straight through the Realtone cable into Audacity, but it would probably be better with more and better recording equipment. Anyway, the goal is to not just hit the notes (which is basically what Rocksmith gets) but to also try to get right on rhythm while sounding right in terms of sustains, syncopation, and so on. An example of this that I've done is here (this is pretty much raw - I didn't use the compressor or EQ or anything). The song is one that I can pretty much 100% on command in Rocksmith, but you'll notice there are many places throughout where I don't sound good for various reasons, and this was my best recording after a few tries (done ~3 weeks ago, I think).

2) Play stuff that's a little beyond my skill level, or at a reasonably high skill level that I'm very unfamiliar with. This is basically the part of being in masterclass that happens behind the curtain. You see our screenshots and our playthrough videos, but you don't see the hours that we put into riff repeater so that we don't feel like we're embarrassing ourselves. I mentioned this last week with Orion, how for a single section of the bass solo I probably riff repeated at least 100 times starting from an incredibly slow speed before I felt like I could nail it whenever it comes. The fill shortly after the 40s mark in my video above was similar. Same goes for the tapping section after 2:40 (though I can't nail these on command yet). It's definitely less enjoyable (and probably not feasible time-wise) if you feel like you have to do it for the whole damn song, but there's nothing wrong with just picking a few sections out and working on them in RR and gradually increasing the maximum speed that you can comfortably play them at, even if you never get up to 100% speed.

• Like 3

@@then3verend Would be nice if you high skill players tried all four a song from CS, and shared you scores, and feedback about quality, and tips for trick places (and may be video play though). I sure many of us interesting how high you got score at a song after a few runs (without hardcore practice in RR in during week), it not spent much time.

And off course will be awesome if you do a test cdlc Megadeth.

@albatross213 

though trying stuff way beyond your skill level probably is more frustrating than useful)

Totally agree. May be exclude  only if learn one a hard song in during a few month, then possible to get something helpful and have not disappoint. But this way very boring, and is a big chance throw all.

• Like 2

@@then3verend Would be nice if you high skill players tried all four a song from CS, and shared you scores, and feedback about quality, and tips for trick places (and may be video play though). I sure many of us interesting how high you got score at a song after a few runs (without hardcore practice in RR in during week), it not spent much time.

I try to look into songs with a lot of problems, I'll admit I'm not the best about doing so, but I do agree that at least someone with a lot of skill should be looking into every song...don't get me wrong I appreciate whoever tests these songs before the week starts...

And off course will be awesome if you do a test cdlc Megadeth.

http://s29.postimg.org/u13oa98nr/2015_06_09_00005.jpg

So I had to listen to the solo a few times, but its dead on, the original has a reverb vibe going on(as well as some kind of pitch effect the second time around on top)...it messed with me big time

Also if you can tell Rocksmith to keep the hand position the same from that 12-8 it would also be nice, it shifts down a half step just for that 8...it creates a blue shifty mess, and I bet that can hurt some scores. A tip here is to count in RR

123 123 123 12 12. Speed it up 5% at a time, and dont jip yourself, only move on once you get 100% each time. Also be aware that it goes from the high note to the open string and back on the beat of the note.

The chorus is what gave me the most trouble on this song, I'm going to look at it again with some rest. I feel like there is an easier way to play that. I will transpose it out and see what I come up with.

Also I really cant give tips if I dont know what is tripping everyone up, so if you want em.......you gotta speak up, or else I will only touch on what's getting to me.

but this current version gets a 7 in difficulty, whoever made this for intermediate hates the intermediate players

• Like 7

Many nice scores on all songs :)

This Was My Life is not that difficult. Solo is simple, and chorus is not that bad either. In comparison I felt that Dead End HappyTree Friends is way above my skills and I won't be able to tackle it.

@@2groggy Just like albatross said, go to RR and play it at slower speed. Build it up, maybe you'll reach moment when it's too fast to you, then you'll knew that it's moment to try something else. You can possibly play anything at correct slow speed. But as Motive said, it can be boring to do so, and will take more time then play few songs on your level. Here in Championship we try to push you, thus we're trying to level you up soon, bu we understand that it can be of high value to try easier songs, as everytime you play, you improve.

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@albatross213 *hands the ball to LeBron James on his way home, LeBron proceeds to slam dunk the ball*

If we can involve other people in the state, can I invite Mike Lepond over? Or maybe Romeo I will take a shot at MC lead.

@@2groggy et. all: I think doing stuff above your skill level is a really critical part of improving. Not too far ahead, but just enough to spur on "a-ha!" moments. Getting better is all about playing the songs that are a notch or two above where you're at, and figuring out how to close the gap. 

Of course, there's nothing wrong with playing easy stuff for pleasure, I do that all the time too. But if you're bulking up at the gym, you don't get bigger by doing the same amount every day - the majority of your practice time should be spent pushing your limits.

• Like 4

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

@Gamut Classical system of practice mean  a lot of repetition of simple basic techniques from which to build complex technique. And even professional always continue practiced on the base. I practiced in Aikido about 10 years, and know exactly how it work. if you have not perfect basic technique you can not have even good advanced technique. Аnd even when you have reached good advanced technique, you should  praсtice with basic always, else you advanced techniques dilapidated

If to say about guitar, all complex technique it is the mix of  basic technique + speed up, all you need is to train every components to perfect state, step by step.

So no point to try jumping over 2 meter, if you can not jumping over 1.5m. And especially no point practice in  jumping over 2 m, if can not pass 1.5 m. Off course is possibility pass 1.5 with bad row of steps, from wrong position, but then you very fast riched gap, and you still have to go back to start  for relearn basic.

• Like 4

@ You are right, but the point is, it is not possible to learn this within one week. Thats why i think, this song is too hard for the 2nd tier. If i compare the beginners songs with this, it is a way harder, not just the next level.

If there would be only few short parts over our level, the movivation would be there to learn them. For me this song includes about 50% parts witch i can't handle with, parts of these i am sure i cant learn them untill next saturday - and then will come the next song.

@@PierreDole You too right, this a song hard nut even for intermediate who feel good with diff 6. bcs of rate this one close to 7.  So if you feel good with rate 4, this will a few step up to level, and for learn so big distance need much more time than the one week. It happens time by time, bcs of we have wide range of rate difficulties for intermediate class and subjective rate for a songs. So sorry that i ruined your fun there, hope next week will be more comfortable and fun for all intermediate participants.

Alternatively, I can offer to play all, how disappointed this difficult and a song, to play a song from previous week a song by

Metric - Combat Baby , enough easy and fun, we were many scores at this one, but there still yet is room for improvement. We add columns for score in the current week and column with old scores for comparing, how you improve your skill after 40 week practice :) so it will interesting for all.

@ Don't be ridiculous. Combat Baby is really, really difficult song. For Intermediate at least.

We added Advanced class because we felt that Intermediate was filling way too wide gap. You could level up from Beginner with not complicated From Our Hands - Sinners and get to play The Trooper next week. Or level up from Intermediate with Pour Some Sugar On Me and play War Pigs following week. So we added Advanced to ease the progression to MasterClass. Thus we allowed some easier songs to Intermediate, while taking the high end Int's and low end MC's to separate class.

Still it's not a shame to struggle with a song in your class. Ba, I should even say that that's the goal. After all if you can handle song in your class, you should go up.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures