Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 85

So I tried out one of these babies for a new pick...

Safe to say...I liked it much more than my usual

What kind of pick is that? I've got some bone picks, but my favourite material I've ever used is obsidian. Those suckers are expensive, though.

Its called Ultex, it feels very similar to a tortex, very durable and easily grippable. Havent used Obsidian picks before

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

So I tried out one of these babies for a new pick...

Safe to say...I liked it much more than my usual...

Who would not love some JP jazz 3 :)

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

players listed: 111 (109)

leader changes:

@@then3verend - Mc bass

on fire:

@@Nacholede - 73 Pts Mc lead

@@Van-Blurten - 73 Pts Int bass

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

players falling off the boards for not scoring in 10 weeks:

@@Gun in the Water @@Laro

http://i58.tinypic.com/spgnxv.jpg

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 5

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

This is going to take a lot of RR. Almost got the first riff down @ 70% speed but at 100%, it all turns to shite. I'll be happy if i can get to 90% by the end of the week.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/q29xjvq4w38ejoh/221680_2015-06-08_00002.png?dl=0

• Like 5

A little more back to my normal self today.  But this song really has a lot of variation so its just sight reading all the time. Still managed to get a 13% increase from yesterdays first try.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Dead%20end%20Friends%208589_zpscgnyvmlx.jpg

• Like 4

@@Kaijin My version have almost same notes and is same difficult, it only look easy at video cover. And yet will be good to see some feedback especially from those who tried both version. I contacted with author of original cdlc and he change his to my version, if it more good.

Yet interesting to me, why lords of MC almost never not posting their scores for more easy a songs? What is reason?

• Like 2

@ Hey Motive, I've tried both versions of 'This was my life' and I've got the same problem with both: Power chords have a lot of trouble registering for some reason. I have to hit the strings incredibly hard and even then it's a crapshoot. I usually get anywhere between 1 and 5 misses just on the intro, before the riff begins. 

Now, I know this can't be my playing, because other songs register my power chords just fine and I don't have to hit nearly as hard.

Do you have any tips or suggestions or does someone else have this problem?

I also removed DD from the custom @@klaw, I forgot to mention that.

If you want the custom with DD and the higher tone volumes, just let me know and I'll pack that version in a couple of seconds.

Here's the link to the Shivaree - Goodnight Moon v1.4 NDD.

Let me know if you need anything else. :)

THank you Kaijin!!

You are very kind!

Ciao

Klaw

• Like 2

I'm enjoying "This is my Life", it's a really nice and interesting riff. I got it nailed down at 60% with about 15FPS (if anyone hasn't played Rocksmith at a low FPS you should, it gets completely out of sync). Hopefully playing on my own computer tonight I'll get a score posted!

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

Nice to see you guys having fun with 'This was my life'! I have a request to make: if anybody also records videos, could you please make a playthrough when there's not a playthrough on the record page? (As is the case with this song). Some people like to see how the song's played before they download it.

• Like 3

All 'my' CDLC's are free to be improved upon and re-released by anybody. Constructive comments are welcome as well :)

@@bokkiej I hope we enough mastered this one for recording not shameful video :) Thanks for nice cdlc.

My score for bass:

http://i.imgur.com/1dLEqMSl.jpg

There's no shame in learning is there? :)

All 'my' CDLC's are free to be improved upon and re-released by anybody. Constructive comments are welcome as well :)

first tries on the deth :)

http://i57.tinypic.com/jae5hl.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/dc555j.jpg

• Like 3

@ I thought it was FPS causing it to be out of sync but the first section with the main riff is completely off, it's especially evident when slowed down.

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

+ lead...

http://i61.tinypic.com/2wdzrzc.jpg

• Like 3

@ I thought it was FPS causing it to be out of sync but the first section with the main riff is completely off, it's especially evident when slowed down.

I just played through the second section (I think that's the one you're talking about, right? The "This Was My Life" riff in the chorus, but in the intro) on RR at 50% speed on bass, and the only thing I noticed that might have been slightly amiss was the 5-3-2-5-3-2-1-0. Are you sure you used the most recent version?

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Finally fixed beatmap at first of half verse, i hope now we can start hard practice.

This was my stupid fault, notes was shifted  just about at half of beat together with beatmap. Bass seated right, so at bass was impossible to see issue. I`m very sorry.

Link to updated cdlc 2.4 Megadeth

Oh, it was one of those things where the jewels (seemingly) randomly shift off of the beat markers? I've definitely had that happen to me a few times when making customs. Have to admit I have no idea why that happens unless I accidentally dragged them.

Also, I made a practice track out of some of the parts in Set the World on Fire that I've been having trouble with on bass so I can play through them without having to wait through other crap first (background audio is just a click track instead of the song). If anyone else is interested, here's a download link (I set most of my practice tracks with ZAAAx as artist so they're easy to find, but I suppose here it maybe would have made sense to put Symphony X as the artist name so it's near the song). The BPM is at 180, whereas the true BPM for the song is 168 or ~93%. If anyone wants anything else in there, you can download the GP file here and let me know what measures you have trouble with. (and yes, the third part I actually had trouble with for a while. I now shift my hand to play the hopos with my pointer and middle fingers because my middle and ring suck.)

If this is something you'd like to see more of for songs that don't already have tons and tons of sections (e.g., one of these would definitely not have been needed for Orion), let me know and I'll try to make them in the future.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!