Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 85

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Seems to me, this week will hard for intermediate, bcs of rate Megadeth between 6-7, and there one hard pattern-arpeggio, which who it learned that winner. RR+slow speed+patience way to the win. Good luck int players. :)

Yeah - from my fav Mdeth album, great song, at least i got that in my head pretty accurately... Cant wait to get my hands on it guitarwise.... Though quite afraid cause taking your first score - mine will be 60-70....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I make new version cdlc Megadeth - This Was My Life

There new beatmap, original of hand position at chorus (look at live video), fixed solo at E string, no DD.

There very helpful video cover (i tabbed thereof indexes of fingers for chorus parts), yet there solo version as it played Mustain at live, but in audio of cdlc, seems studio version and there is yet some notes (it right).

Update. It is not final version, in lead soon will added a few changing, into part chorus.

Edited by Motive
Added Remark
  • Like 4

@@klaw - I don't have a guitar so I can't answer directly, but I imported the tones in the Toolkit and the guitar is at -25, which I would think should be reasonably audible. However, it is acoustic, and from what I've seen acoustic tones usually need to be boosted a few dB relative to distorted tones.

In the meantime, you could try adjusting the Realtone cable gain or playing around with volume settings in the mixer to try and make yourself more audible.

Anyway, I was practicing the tapping section on bass and breaking it down a little bit so I'd be able to do better in the future. In particular, I was practicing on the right hand taps and getting them at the right speed in the right place, so after the slide I took my left hand off the fretboard. However, I noticed something weird at the lower speeds, so I decided to accelerate to 100% to see if it still held.

I mean, I totally get that detecting every note in a fast tapping passage is hard, but I should have ended up with at least 20 misses, not 5 (secondary pulloffs and slides, maybe?).

• Like 3

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

hi guys!!

the guitar in Shevaree is very low!!

Is it the same for you???

TY

Yes, but you can simply import the .psarc in the toolkit, and either lower the volume of the song or raise the volume of the tone.

I did the 2nd and it plays much better now.

If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I'll post a link to the file with the tone volume higher.

EDIT: Sorry @@albatross213, I didn't saw your post when I started making mine.

The tone is very well made, but the volume is very low. I always play RS with the value of the song volume in the RS mixer at 50, so the sound of my guitar is +/- 2x louder than the volume of the song.

My real-tone cable is set at 8.5dB.

With this settings I noticed the tone was really low, so I can only imagine that with the volumes of the mixer all at 100 and a lower value for the real-tone cable, the tone on that song can't be heard at all.

I gave +2dB to the tone and it was good to play with my settings, so for those who have a low value for the real-tone cable and play with the volume of the song at 100, the tone might need an extra 0.5dB-1.0dB.... ofc I don't have to mention that, when it comes to the volume of the tone, if you want more volume, you lower the setting of the tone volume on the toolkit (i.e.: from -25.0dB to -27.0dB, higher negative number=more volume and vice-versa.)

Edited by Kaijin
  • Like 2

@@blejusca Well done!

@@fiddlesticks Me may be willing to try Intermediate song. It's really difficult Int song, but not that scary :)

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Intermediate Lead - 93.6%, 156 streak

I RR'ed to 85% speed this two single note sections (that repeat twice) and decided to give whole song a go. There is still room there, I think that I can nail them. Then it's the solo, I probably hit it well, but it most likely sounded like crab. Part after solo is tricky.

I played rhythm as well, but that part when solo is on lead took me off guard. I was surprised that it did not crossed me there.

• Like 6

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

hi guys!!

the guitar in Shevaree is very low!!

Is it the same for you???

TY

Yes, but you can simply import the .psarc in the toolkit, and either lower the volume of the song or raise the volume of the tone.

I did the 2nd and it plays much better now.

If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I'll post a link to the file with the tone volume higher.

EDIT: Sorry @@albatross213, I didn't saw your post when I started making mine.

The tone is very well made, but the volume is very low. I always play RS with the value of the song volume in the RS mixer at 50, so the sound of my guitar is +/- 2x louder than the volume of the song.

My real-tone cable is set at 8.5dB.

With this settings I noticed the tone was really low, so I can only imagine that with the volumes of the mixer all at 100 and a lower value for the real-tone cable, the tone on that song can't be heard at all.

I gave +2dB to the tone and it was good to play with my settings, so for those who have a low value for the real-tone cable and play with the volume of the song at 100, the tone might need an extra 0.5dB-1.0dB.... ofc I don't have to mention that, when it comes to the volume of the tone, if you want more volume, you lower the setting of the tone volume on the toolkit (i.e.: from -25.0dB to -27.0dB, higher negative number=more volume and vice-versa.)

After staying at a rock festival the last 6 days drinking all day long. My body is not 100% operational. My fingers are stiff and my mind is slow.   Fist thing played was this song that i have never heard before.  It did not sound good.  But i will keep working on it.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Dead%20end%20Friends%2072_zpsenjj8abb.jpg

• Like 7

hey everyone B)

http://s28.postimg.org/4r99vxbz1/rocksmith.jpg

Not easy at all :huh: the int song this week requires some RR work ahah kind of fast so needs a lot practice :P

http://s15.postimg.org/6vx6983h7/Rocksmith_rhythm.jpg

And got 1 single miss on Beg ryth <_< not sure if I'll go for the 100% as I want to practice the Int Lead one :P

• Like 8

http://i.imgur.com/jinrcAk.jpg

This is coming along. Really fun song to play, lots of little fills make it really hard to keep streak up but slowly getting the knack of them all.

• Like 8

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

If this BS continues, I think I'm going to bow out of this week's competition.

16 misses throughout all of the song excepting the last chorus (starts at 4:30), and 24 misses in the last chorus (I;m pretty sure, based on the end percentage). And yes, I'm aware the last chorus is a half step up from the others. I find it hard to come up with an explanation that just randomly has RS deciding at the end (or even sometimes the middle) of a line of the same note repeating that I'm off somewhere else.

Some of the other 16 misses also seemed pretty damn questionable (in my view 1:13, 1:25 [the first one with the blue 9 16th notes, not the slide down after], 3:00, 4:05, 5:02). I don't know if it's my strings, my cable (this crap's been happening on both of my basses, though much more this week than last), or what, but this is kind of ruining all of the fun of this.

And yeah, I still suck pretty hard at fast legato.

Edit: Also, I made sure to check my tuning right before this run. Not just for the open string, but also that the most commonly used frets in the song were within a few cents of on tune.

• Like 5

Dead End Friends on bass = 83%.  I can't do this song justice in RR at 80% speed let alone full speed. 

• Like 6

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@@albatross213 tune it down to about -20 on each string, unless you have a heavier set of stings on, the loose tension adds a little bit, and I bet the frustration is also adding tension on the frets. That's from my experience, I still get it occasionally but I've gotten way better about it.

If that's still giving problems how old are the strings? I switched them out for Addicted and that's how I got 93.xx because of the tone the new ones were making.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@@then3verend - Strings are pretty new, at least as far as bass strings go. On my 6-string I got new strings a couple of weeks ago, while on my Rick the strings are about 3 months old (I have it set up for down-tuned stuff, so I tend to use it somewhat less). I'll try tuning a bit flat like you suggested, though. And while my fretting might be adding tension, I think I'm pretty good about being pretty gentle when I'm just holding a fret like in the chorus. Some passages like the early parts under the solo I probably get a little bit aggressive at times.

@@2groggy - I actually had a bit of trouble with that song too. I was able to do OK, but I definitely felt like I was flying by the seat of my pants for a good part of it. Pretty tricky.

So I tried out one of these babies for a new pick...

Safe to say...I liked it much more than my usual

What kind of pick is that? I've got some bone picks, but my favourite material I've ever used is obsidian. Those suckers are expensive, though.

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!