Anyone know if these down tuning effects would work with RS?

I found these down tuning effects pedals and i think it will save a lot of hassle with thicker baritone strings adjusting the trust rod bridge height to fit the larger strings just to get a good sounding drop tune. Plus all 3 of my guitars have floyd roses... I was wondering if I connect this before after the guitar before the real tone cable into the computer will rocksmith recognize the down tune? I might still purchase one for when I play at my churches worship team. but would it work theoretically It would save a lot of us a ton of hassle retuning or buying an extra guitar just to set up for drop tuning...

Looking for a guitar and bass mentor one of each

• Administrator

It works perfectly fine. Many streamers uses them to change quickly their tuning (i use a multi effect pedal with a pitch shifter).

Some of those pedals might altered a bit the sound of the guitar but most of the time it won't be a problem for RS.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

There is some guy at rocksmith reddit who have bought the Digitech Drop Tune. Here you can read what he says about it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/3834ck/thoughts_on_digitech_drop_pedal_with_rocksmith/

I prefer the Digitech Whammy DT. It's more expensive but you have Whammy pedal too and you can go up or down 1 octave and have the "hammer on and pull offs" buttom.

• Administrator

I use the VOX stomplab IIG which have a pitch shifter effect in it, it's not dedicated to pitch shift so it's not as good as some other pedal like the digitech ones but it does the job well enough.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you need a quick switch from standard to drop-D, you can install a D-Tuna, which screws into the bottom of the tremolo bridge & toggles between E & D. For other tunings, i.e. switching to Eb, D standard, etc. you should be able to get by with a decent pedal as long as the RealTone cable is going into your console/PC. The only issue with playing like that is, unless you're using headphones or have your volume up loud enough to drown out the sound of the strings coming directly from the guitar, it's going to sound really bad as the sound from the strings will be in a different key than the one you're playing.

• Like 1

I basically run the rocksmith cable through my mixer into my paddle board and back into the mixer and out to the Rocksmith cable and it works like a charm.

If you have a mixer I highly recommend using it to set your gain, compressor, eq and effects. Doing so improved the quality of the tone so much and the better the sound you get to Rocksmith the better it recognizes what you play.

Music gives a spirit to the universe

wings to the mind, flight to the

imagination, and life to everything.

-Plato

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

I don't have it but it surely one of the best out there since it uses the same system as the Digitech Drop pedal which is one of the best pitch pedal you can find.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 3 weeks later...

I came across this thread while looking for something else (apologies for the necro) but thought I'd chime in with what I use.

I built my own pedal to do this (from a kit) and it works fine.

Have a read of this thread on their forums and you can see my questions / suggestions for improvement - and if you make it to the end, the code we now use that works perfectly fine within Rocksmith - http://www.electrosmash.com/forum/software-pedalshield/78-detune-pedal-based-off-octaver-code?lang=en

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have it but it surely one of the best out there since it uses the same system as the Digitech Drop pedal which is one of the best pitch pedal you can find.

I can confirm that the pedal works great with Rocksmith , just a click of the switch to play Eb , D , C or G , just need to alter the Motley Crue Kickstart My Heart DLC so that it includes the notes at the beginning so I can use the whammy.

The only problem I have with the pedal is although it changes the pitch you still hear the actual guitar playing so it can be a little off putting sometimes unless you turn the volume right up.