force quit

anthonynets5

Question

7 answers to this question

To force quit on Mac, hit "Option-Command-Esc" all at the same time.

You can also go back to the desktop (by pressing F3 on the keyboard or swiping up on the trackpad with 3 fingers) and then click on the Apple Logo in the top left corner of the screen.

• Like 1

@Wepeel,

i was going to ask if you've had any problem playing the game connected to the internet? For whatever reason every time i'm connected none of my cdlc or official dlc work. There's no artwork and when i click on a song the game freezes and i have to force quit. any help would be appreciated.   :D 

@Wepeel,

i was going to ask if you've had any problem playing the game connected to the internet? For whatever reason every time i'm connected none of my cdlc or official dlc work. There's no artwork and when i click on a song the game freezes and i have to force quit. any help would be appreciated.   :D 

I haven't noticed any problems lately, other than the usual (seemingly random) freezes that I get every once in a while.  But that's normal for me and has been happening since I started playing RS 2014.

I play in online mode most of the time, so that I can keep my game save synced with the cloud.

I've had the problems you described though, but for me it's usually connected to conflicting or bad cDLC.  I always know when it's coming too, because the artwork starts to disappear as I scroll through the list and as soon as I stop on a song and the game tries to load the preview it freezes.

Sometimes it happens right at the beginning when I first load the game, other times it happens after I've played X number of songs with no problems.  And as you mentioned, it happens with both official DLC and cDLC.

Have you tried removing all of your customs and then adding back a few that you know work well, to see if the game still freezes?

@Wepeel,

I haven't noticed any problems lately, other than the usual (seemingly random) freezes that I get every once in a while.  But that's normal for me and has been happening since I started playing RS 2014.

I play in online mode most of the time, so that I can keep my game save synced with the cloud.

I've had the problems you described though, but for me it's usually connected to conflicting or bad cDLC.  I always know when it's coming too, because the artwork starts to disappear as I scroll through the list and as soon as I stop on a song and the game tries to load the preview it freezes.

Sometimes it happens right at the beginning when I first load the game, other times it happens after I've played X number of songs with no problems.  And as you mentioned, it happens with both official DLC and cDLC.

Have you tried removing all of your customs and then adding back a few that you know work well, to see if the game still freezes?

I'm gonna try that today. I also should have mentioned when i turn off my wifi and play offline the game works fine and doesn't freeze or anything. The only other thing i haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling. its weird problem.  :huh:

@@Wepeel, I fixed the problem. I had to rename ALL my cdlc like official dlc. For example, instead of "Black-Keys-Weight-Of-Love_V1_5_m.psarc", i renamed it,"blackeysweightoflove_m.psarc".Everything works great now. :D

Really? That's interesting...  I never would have thought that could be a problem.  

Almost all of the customs I have are named like "Artist-song-title_v_DD_m.psarc", including all of your BK customs.  It's never seemed like it's been a problem before.  But now I'm tempted to rename them all to see if that gets rid of the random freezes.

Do you keep your customs in sub-folders?  Inside my dlc folder I have separate folders for customs and official DLC, and then inside the customs folder I have subfolders for each artist that has 5+ customs.

Also, just out of curiosity... Did you install the last 2 Steam updates that were released the past 2 weeks?

@@Wepeel, I fixed the problem. I had to rename ALL my cdlc like official dlc. For example, instead of "Black-Keys-Weight-Of-Love_V1_5_m.psarc", i renamed it,"blackeysweightoflove_m.psarc".Everything works great now. :D

Really? That's interesting...  I never would have thought that could be a problem.  

Almost all of the customs I have are named like "Artist-song-title_v_DD_m.psarc", including all of your BK customs.  It's never seemed like it's been a problem before.  But now I'm tempted to rename them all to see if that gets rid of the random freezes.

Do you keep your customs in sub-folders?  Inside my dlc folder I have separate folders for customs and official DLC, and then inside the customs folder I have subfolders for each artist that has 5+ customs.

Also, just out of curiosity... Did you install the last 2 Steam updates that were released the past 2 weeks?

I just have all my cdlc and official dlc in the dlc folder, no sub-folders. I did install the last 2 updates from steam. Could be just a problem on my end. but all the songs show up, before every once in a while some songs wouldn't show up, e.g. Strange Times and Same Old Thing rarely showed up together, now after the renaming, all the songs in my dlc folder are in the game. I may have accidentally stumbled upon a fix for the "song won't show up in the game" problem. :lol: