Windows 10, have you?

Van-Blurten

Question

I got the same notification icon.  Since it is a download that I can apply whenever I feel confident it is safe to do so, I reserved it as well.  I know a few people in the gaming world have had early access to win10, but I don't think I've seen anyone here mention it.  It would be interesting to know if there are any issues running Steam, Rocksmith or any of the toolkits under Windows 10.

I got the same notification icon.  Since it is a download that I can apply whenever I feel confident it is safe to do so, I reserved it as well.  I know a few people in the gaming world have had early access to win10, but I don't think I've seen anyone here mention it.  It would be interesting to know if there are any issues running Steam, Rocksmith or any of the toolkits under Windows 10.

Rocksmith has no official support for Windows 10 yet, they said they were waiting until it reaches its final stages on one of the streams. I'd expect an announcement in the next month, provided it isn't severely broken on Windows 10.

I just got a notification the other day to upgrade for free. Just wondering if it's worth it to do since I haven't really looked up info or heard anything about windows 10.

Windows 10 is essentially the Windows 8 update we were promised years ago that would give us back the start menu and combine the metro UI with it. There's probably more to it than that but that's enough in my book.

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

Yeah I'd wait a little bit, I've heard the previews have been quite buggy as well so they might be rushing the release.

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

Hello, I've been using Windows 10 for quite a while now. I don't recommend it just yet, although there are many improvements in terms of design, there are many technical issues that prevent the OS from working fluidly. So far, every application and game has worked just fine, there were no compatibility issues. The problem is the OS itself can be a unresponsive at times, explorer.exe crashes, etc. It's a little messy at the moment. I would wait for the official release, which is around July 29.

ive been running w10 for a few months, i havent had any problems with it whatsoever, RS, and all the related toolkits, GP6 etc work just fine, the interface can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that affects functionality.  my system boot time is a lot faster now also, it takes just 12.8 seconds to go from bios to windows.

• Like 3

ive been running w10 for a few months, i havent had any problems with it whatsoever, RS, and all the related toolkits, GP6 etc work just fine, the interface can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that affects functionality.  my system boot time is a lot faster now also, it takes just 12.8 seconds to go from bios to windows.

Thanks!  I was really hoping to hear from some people that are actually using RS2014 and everything under windows10.

Thanks!  I was really hoping to hear from some people that are actually using RS2014 and everything under windows10.

Same :D 

I've got a lot of stuff I Need to work straight away. There will inevitably be the odd hiccup but hopefully nothing major.

I only upgrade if RS2014 works if not ill stay with my current OS. No RS2014 no upgrade^^

I only upgrade if EOF the Toolkit, Guitar pro, Audacity, Goplay along, and RS1 works. :lol: 

And my good old Opera 12.16 :D

• Like 1

I've used RS2014 as a clean install, no cDLC, on a Win10 Beta.  It worked fine for me.  The machine was set up so I could test existing departmental software to be sure it will run on Win10.  I have stuff going all the way back to Visual Basic 5 (circa '97) installed on this machine.  A few packages require compatibility mode to function properly.

Had it pop up on all of ours, the joys of re setting the pc's on the server again........Yay

it is released the end of next month from what i have read

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

I have had it for a few days, if you haven't already downloaded and installed I would recommend you wait.

Microsoft have done their usual of integrating their useless applications everywhere and not allowing changes to be made.

So unless you like Bing, outlook that  won't accept mail from google and one drive trying to save everything to the cloud then wait for the backlash and subsequent back-down from microsoft. then once these things are fixed I will probably be good.

P.S. Cortana only works with Bing, so it is as shit as Siri was.

The One Drive can be turned off. I've never EVER used Outlook Express. You can still use Gmail, just go right to it online, which I did for Hotmail anyway. I'm not saying I like Bing but I've been using it for years, it works just fine. And you can run chrome instead of Cortana and those issues would be gone anyway. It's actually been the most painless upgrade I've ever done. I put 10 on my laptop and will test before I do my desktop. The desktop is a unique setup. Raided SSD's and dual gpus,, with custom profiles on them. Little nervous about messing with it.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

One drive cannot be turned off or uninstalled, you just have to get used to avoiding it at the top of the list for every network access. of course you can go to directly to the internet to access Gmail but that defeats the point of having integration possibilities. and Cortana does not work with Chrome but yes there is a workaround where you get all bing searches diverted through Chrome.

Agreed it is a very painless upgrade, I am liking it more as I disable some of the integrated apps.

so basically, nothing much new in win10, hardware related,

Microsoft tries to steal lazy clients, who never change default configuration, by taking abusive measures with its OS. 

For 30 years now, I never paid a single $ to that corporation, and avoided its product wherever possible,

without falling for the other abusive corporation and its IOS. 

You want to support democracy on the internet,

you want independent sites like customsforge, made by people for the people, 

support small companies and opensource. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I upgraded to windows 10 and haven't noticed any problems with any of my programs EXCEPT for Rocksmith 2014. :(

That said it still works - but when I run the program everything starts in slow motion.  I had to increase the audio engine by 2 in options which adds more latency.  So the experience isn't as good for now, I'm hoping for a Rocksmith patch to improve performance or maybe there's a settings in Win 10 I'm missing.