Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 84

that's the lead if not anyone come up with a better one

http://up.picr.de/22143450zv.jpg

this was a real good run

Great job!

I'm going to give it a go this evening, but solos are not my strongest skill. I was amazed i got through the Rythmn "lead" parts okay. The bends were tricky.

Everyone is pulling out great scores right before the deadline tomorrow. I love it!

Keep up the great work.

• Like 4

First one is no, I'm just stating what my limits are, and if you pass it, then you passed my limit, congrats.

Well, I'll still try to make sure I beat you by at least that margin (though it was apparently 4 notes on the 23rd fret. Clearly haven't RRed that section enough...).

Practicing the transition to the transition to the high fast stuff (which, as could be seen in my "99.01%" screenshot, I've screwed up in the past), the melodic part, and the solo are going pretty well. Though as @@lordlk puts it, I seem to have some FURS trouble in the melodic part, as I'm getting misses random non-slide notes in there that I'm nearly certain I'm hitting appropriately. Usually only 2-3 per run, but still enough to be annoying.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Pretty sure I can still beat that if things go well, but beating it by 4 notes (meaning 7 misses, I think) is probably not going to happen. Definitely possible, but I'd really have to keep cool and play my best or very close to it for every section. Well done, @@then3verend!

Edit: Just going to leave this here for now.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 4

OK, I'm really happy with my progress, but it seems I cannot go above this score for today.

Not 97% but still happy :p

It seems I have to work on the powerchords strums to be consistant and on the quick "slides" on B/Em strings.

http://lostpapers.free.fr/Rocksmith/Rocksmith2014_20150605_00001.jpg

• Like 5

I know it's not my class, but it seems I'm in good company:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKS2VaQTEzTXNjUzg/view?usp=sharing

Did I say how much I really, really like this song?  Excellent choice, @.

• Like 5

Well, @@then3verend doesn't have enough frets, while Rocksmith seems to hate me this week. One silly miss that was all on me, but there were at least two places where Rocksmith screwed me. Figured this was worth an update, but hopefully I'll improve on this soon.

http://i.imgur.com/EzzI2iw.jpg

Video coming soon. Almost done processing.

Edit: Video. Check out 4:30 and 7:16 for places where I was totally f***ed over.

• Like 6

I should be able to play this better.  Those skips from 6 to 9th fret over the two strings have a shade of Bob Marley's "Stir it up" about them...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKX25IcnpBbWZVZ2c/view?usp=sharing

• Like 6

You can read comments on cdlc sometimes :P Orion transposed to 21 fret bass in bonus arrangement. It's only LaS, but you can still earn 100% there.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

That's something we can't jump over. It happens also with guitar, as probably most of us has 22 frets. But it's rare, and only small parts of the song.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@genobadass - you just have to bend everything a lot  :P​. But as @@Mortalo says, most of the time (especially on bass) the specifics of your equipment should have little effect on the outcome. And if it does affect the outcome, in the end it's just internet points. (Also, since there are few other places in the song where you need the G string, you could maybe tune it sharp, BS your way past the tuner using other strings, and then learn how to adjust notes accordingly. By tuning the G string a half step sharp and moving the fast D string run in the second section of the solo the the "G" string you could play everything except the G23s in the final section).

Anyway, I'm probably going to do some other stuff for a few hours. I'll continue the assault later tonight.

Right.  I'm going to sleep on this now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKUDZPVldfeE5lWms/view?usp=sharing

I might be better in the morning.  (There's a good chance I will be better in the morning because not as much alcohol will be involved…  ;) ).

I just wish I'd practiced it earlier in the week, but the song just seemed difficult, and I was really happy with the other song selections. :)

• Like 5