Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 84

Asteriks means that it's not your class (it was done after awards were introduced). Lower classes are also depicted with smaller gray letters.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@, I will check this, be back in a few minutes

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@  Are you sure that tabs correct there?

Bcs of it notes (all green notes in double stop) at 2 str  same that at 3 str, but sounds like shit in this variant.:

http://i.imgur.com/mRKrXWAm.jpg

And score there:

http://i.imgur.com/OgRJPral.jpg

it's definitely right. By playing the octave on B (2nd) string make sure to mute the two strings between , because if you play the open strings it sounds really like shit. To mute those two strings more easily play the notes on A (5th) string with your ring finger and flatten this finger a bit more that it mutes the D- and G string (G-string can also be muted by touching it a bit with index), then you can play the octaves on B string with your index. I know that It is harder this way to play the octaves, but I wrote it that way since there are the thirds intevals around there you can play with your middlefinger.

We all know how to play the octaves just with index and ring with only muting 1 string in between, but this is just another way to play them. And here it makes sence if you use the fingers I discribed, because you just have to move your hand to the next position for the next chord. If you would play the octaves the other and easier way at this part you would have to jump around with your fret hand. I wrote it that way for a smoother playing and that you guys can learn something new  ;). Maybe it would be better just to switch between the ways of playing the octaves one or two notes earlier?

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@ I would be prefered all this notes to play as usually :) Don`t know how hard will change position, but at least it will good sounds. I`m tried to play as usually this places and not saw very hard changing position, may be i miss this place.

• Like 1

I can change it for you if you want. But I will leave this version for playing as a bonus track for those who want to practice the other way.

• Like 1

@ I would be prefered all this notes to play as usually :) Don`t know how hard will change position, but at least it will good sounds. I`m tried to play as usually this places and not saw very hard changing position, may be i miss this place.

the "unusual" way also sounds good, but it needs practice. And it expands your horizon in playing intervals

I was going deeper into the song and it is only in a short part of the song, so I will change the notes to index and ring octaves except one, there after the octave directly follows the third and only at this one spot I leave it to the old. 

No bonus track.

Edited by frippchen
  • Like 1

Rudy Can't Fail on Bass = 95.78%

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

changes done on version 1.1

@ if you don't like this one octave just go on playing the "easier", but here you have to jump a bit and the octave before the third is a sustain note, that's why I left here to the old, all others changed

• Like 6

Okay, I'm finally starting to get this song to come out of my guitar somewhat like it does in the track! After 10 minutes in RR, I've got the hand positions down, but what makes this song tricky is the inconsistent picking patterns that never quite repeat twice. At least it's short, so there's not that much to memorise.  ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/RFT18Di.jpg

• Like 8

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Just did a playthrough of each of the songs. A lot of the selections this week, and I look forward to taking on that solo section of Orion. On my second unofficial playthrough I think I got around 94.5% accuracy. Some of the sections I flubbed definitely look like I should be able to get near 100% on them, but there were a few that I think I'll still suck on even after lots of practice.

'Tallica: ...  Probably one of my fav' tracks off RTL.

This was a test that everyone before me failed, right?

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Just did a playthrough of each of the songs. A lot of the selections this week, and I look forward to taking on that solo section of Orion. On my second unofficial playthrough I think I got around 94.5% accuracy. Some of the sections I flubbed definitely look like I should be able to get near 100% on them, but there were a few that I think I'll still suck on even after lots of practice.

'Tallica: ...  Probably one of my fav' tracks off RTL.

This was a test that everyone before me failed, right?

Brain fart on my part. Instrumental on RTL is of course RTL :)

Meanwhile in alzheimer's land where my elderly noggin resides:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453009178

• Like 8

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

More scores!

http://i.imgur.com/d3fdv7K.jpg

Latsch was right, the guitar volume on this track is deafening to the point you can't hear anything else. I feel like I could have managed 90% on this sightread, except I haven't heard this song since I was a wee lad, and trying to figure out what you're playing when you can't hear anything but yourself is hard as hell.

http://i.imgur.com/iomoDLC.jpg

New beginner track makes me happy. This is my favourite Metric song. Everybody everybody just wanna fall in love~

• Like 7

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

More scores!

Latsch was right, the guitar volume on this track is deafening to the point you can't hear anything else. I feel like I could have managed 90% on this sightread, except I haven't heard this song since I was a wee lad, and trying to figure out what you're playing when you can't hear anything but yourself is hard as hell.

Just imported the tones and saw some were 30+ or something like that, which is indeed quite loud. However, I honestly tend to like loud tones so I can actually hear what I'm playing and be able to tell whether I'm just satisfying Rocksmith's note recognition or actually sounding good.

If you don't like the loudness, though, you can probably go into the mixer and drop down the player guitar volume (or whatever the option is) to something more comfortable. I guess that's a little annoying, but IMO it's better than having to drop the music volume and then increase my speaker volume when I want to be able to hear myself in songs with quieter tones.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Just imported the tones and saw some were 30+ or something like that, which is indeed quite loud. However, I honestly tend to like loud tones so I can actually hear what I'm playing and be able to tell whether I'm just satisfying Rocksmith's note recognition or actually sounding good.

If you don't like the loudness, though, you can probably go into the mixer and drop down the player guitar volume (or whatever the option is) to something more comfortable. I guess that's a little annoying, but IMO it's better than having to drop the music volume and then increase my speaker volume when I want to be able to hear myself in songs with quieter tones.

I agree that it's nice to hear a little extra of yourself. I dip my music volume a touch so that I can hear what I'm playing better.

But that's why the mixer is a thing, so the user can control that and it doesn't need to be done on the tone's end. Customs should be mixed such that they sound even with the default songs in the game if you ask me. Nobody likes having to tweak knobs every time they switch songs!

• Like 1

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Bass -

I feel like I did much worse on this than I thought for the last song...

A Hazy Shade of Winter - 98% - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453059233

Sitting Inside My Head - 93% - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453059252

Rudie CAn't Fail - 84% - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453059266

• Like 8