Reggae & Ska testing area

fripponomic

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hello members,

here in this corner of our little playground we can share our customs which fits the category of Reggae and Ska for testing. It doesn't matter if it is already released or just wip.

Anyway we can help each other for fixing issues, improve tones, tabs or just interchange our thoughts about.

I'm sure that we can learn of each other in various things and get and give good tips for charting.

So let's get started. Who will bring the first cdlc for testing, I'm excitedly about that.

so far, frippchen

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

test post, as requested

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Thanks for setting this up. I've been wanting to transcribe some Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra and some Leningrad but only for bass, so if you'd be interested in working out guitar parts for some of the songs, that would be cool.

I don't have any WIP's yet but as soon as I have, I'll let you know.

@@Aludog Happy birthday to you! Cheerful mood to you.

I thinked about Tokyo Ska paradise Orchestra today for future cdlc, but could find only a few tabs for bass. Bass there very nice, but guitar too i need.

There nice cover, which possible use for tabbing a lot phrases.

Link1

Yet one great japan ska band is Shakalabbits, but there too in net is only a few bass tabs :(

There great cover:

Link2

Or yet one with more hard bass line, with slap technique at some crazy 6 strings bass guitar :

Link3

• Like 1

@@Aludog, happy birthday, man

yeah, let me know if you start something, I will see what I can do. If someone here needs a tab I can try if there's time and if it's not too complicated. And of course I need to like it  ;)

@, if you finished the DanDanDan custom just post it here for testing, I'm really hot to try it :D

Did anyone heard about Rocky Dawuni? I didn't knew his music until I discovered one of his songs during playing Fifa :)  cool relaxed reggae, nice to listen, I guess also to play.

I think I will make some, maybe this evening, think it's easy.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@frippchen: Rocky Dawuni sounds interesting. I'll definitely enjoy playing that. :)

Btw, does anyone of you know Tinariwen? It's not really Reggae or Ska and more a kind of african blues but I love those guy and I wanted to make a custom from one of their songs for the longest time but transcribing the guitar for many of their songs is tricky. Someone with more experience might have an easier time.

This video is a nice intro and also shows how they approach their instruments (which should help with the transcriptions): 

• Like 1

O.k. All ready for start testing: cdlc, topic of group, activity members :)

Link to the new full cdlc Yum!Yum!Orange - Dan!Dan!Dan! -->>

P.s. Topic at CF to cdlc with music video link -->>

Update. Cdlc updated, add one section for solo, fixed tone in rhythm, adjusted tones.

@ pls check solo part, there some strange slide at note at 3 string almost in start (almost from top fretboard), and yet check tapping there, seems one missed, and tabbed as simple note.

Edited by Motive

see hat you mean,

this initial slide at the solo is fine, from 6th to 11th fret on G-string

http://up.picr.de/22054876xr.jpg

just perfect

this strange tapping note is wrong  :ph34r: but it's no tapping note, it's stretch extrem :wacko: . I wrote the solo in another position first an just forgot to delete this note. If you look you can see that there are two notes at the same time, no, sorry, it's one note because it's the same ( B ). 

http://up.picr.de/22054956xc.jpg

but here you can, or should delete both notes, the 9 on D and 4 on G and add sustain to the 9 before, it's only 1 time played, sorry, my fault.

I just tried the Lead path for now to check this, but I think the distortion tone needs more gain and maybe the complete guitar volumes a bit up.

@@Aludog, can't watch the video  :( , thanks to GEMA

• Like 1

I mean "slide", but it notes 4+9 at second image. I will fixed. About tapping, it was at 2th string, 16 fret (at 2m44sec).

Tone, to up global volume for distortion tone or only gain in chain of distortion pedal ? Or volume for all tones? Clean ok? I unlike clean yet, some a lot high frequency.

Motive, you mean the hammer ons, they're ok.

but I have another little improvement in the first solo measure.

If we play this D# on G-string 8th fret instead D-string 11th fret we get a much more comfortable hand position, means big part of the solo stays in the same position.

http://up.picr.de/22055276zx.png

slide and solo stars then with pinky

• Like 1

I've started tabbing this one

the guitar is maybe a bit boring, but what a great bassline

• Like 1

Tone, to up global volume for distortion tone or only gain in chain of distortion pedal ? Or volume for all tones? Clean ok? I unlike clean yet, some a lot high frequency.

I think the guitar tones both, clean and distortion sounds a bit weak.

I don't know, just trie a little with the gain of everything for lead, maybe just more volume?

Clean and distortion sounds very similar to me, I barely can hear a difference.

I only tried lead yet, and was focused on the notes.

finished! This song was easy to tab but hard to sync (every single note :rolleyes: ). The bass always plays bit late, a typical Reggae bass, with wobbly eights. For the right feeling you need to smoke a joint before  :D

Rocky Dawuni - Download The Revolution

The tabs are fine I think, sync also, and the tones I'm not really sure.

• Like 2

I tried Rocky. Nice bass line, and boring guitar. :) Not enough notes or speed :) (joke)

About volume, there all loud, and i think it very depended of gain cable and signal of guitar.

So for gain of cable i added +3 db, and yet guitar have active pickups, and yet i usually use pedal compressor, i got very loud clean tone. So i think it is reason of issue with tones in my cdlc and there. I need rework my tone at least for default value gain and without external compressor.

Thanks Frip for new nice cdlc.

• Like 1

I played the Rocky Dawuni song a few times last night, and wow, what a fun bassline.

I just can't stop, on 3rd attemp I got 100%. And absolutely no problem to get the right feeling there :D. Also played the guitar, barely falling into sleep.

Only thing is the bass tone I'm not really happy with. I think I have to work on it and maybe create a completly new one, or does anyone have a good one that fits?

I guess you could try the one from "Lively Up Yourself" and maybe tweak it a bit. I think that one should fit well. :)

Btw, how about some "Ohrbooten"?

Their music is a mashup of different genres but reggae and ska are obvious elements. I think it fits into this project better than anywhere else. :D

Yesterday I made a complete new bass tone for the Rocky Dawuni song.

Another amp, other speaker and added a 8band equalizer as pre and a bass compressor as loop. Sound much better for my ears. Later I will upload the Revolution to the database.

Download The Revolution This should be the final version.

released

Edited by frippchen

never heard of them, but sounds good. For my first impression I prefered the Tribal Seeds, but have to hear more of all.

I love the bass line on Rocky Diwali.  My untrained ears don't hear any problems with the CDLC

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

• 3 weeks later...

How about some Blitz The Ambassador. I just found this and thought it's real nice:

I could do some bass transcriptions and if you, @ , want to transcribe the guitar parts that would be cool; if not they'll just be bass only.

• Like 1