Error updating the RS Custom Toolkit

I have been getting the same error and also using avast.  Happened on two different computers both using avast.  How do you determine if avast is blocking/sandboxing?  Mine was something to do with not finding a file though, not  an access issue.

2015-05-30 19:26:51.9085 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main 
 Version: 2.6.1.0-53fa62a9
 Command: "D:\Rocksmith\Programs\RocksmithCustomSongToolkit v2.6.0.0\RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe"  

2015-05-30 19:27:12.5735 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.<Main>b__1 

System
Boolean StartWithShellExecuteEx(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo)
Exception catched:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception The system cannot find the file specified Boolean StartWithShellExecuteEx(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo)    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Extensions.GeneralExtensions.RunExternalExecutable(String exeFileName, Boolean toolkitRootFolder, Boolean runInBackground, Boolean waitToFinish, String arguments) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Extensions\GeneralExtension.cs:line 285
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.UpdateForm.installButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\UpdateForm.cs:line 148
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Extensions.GeneralExtensions.RunExternalExecutable(String exeFileName, Boolean toolkitRootFolder, Boolean runInBackground, Boolean waitToFinish, String arguments) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Extensions\GeneralExtension.cs:line 285
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.UpdateForm.installButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\UpdateForm.cs:line 148
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It has happened a few times.  I keep deleting the files and downloading/unzipping the newest version.  Any idea how to determine what is causing this?  Surely I can't be the only one this is happening to.

After seeing all the posts, I decided to share my situation with the auto-update feature of the toolkit.

At the moment I'm working with the latest version, but, I've just unpacked build fe59ccde55.... opened the toolkit.....

http://s6.postimg.org/jedmxcdld/screenshot_53.png

I click on "Click here to update" and....

http://s6.postimg.org/710sqfnwx/screenshot_54.png

I click on "Install Update" and....

http://s6.postimg.org/hcd5j3fm9/screenshot_56.png

http://s6.postimg.org/bpldzd2hd/screenshot_57.png

This has been happening for a long time, I always update the toolkit by downloading the "Windows.zip" file from the toolkit website and I delete all files from the previous build and replace them with the files from the new build.

This wasn't always like this, there was a time that the auto-update feature worked perfectly, after I clicked "Install Update", a window showed up with a progress bar and after 10-15 seconds the toolkit was updated.

I've tried to understand why this error occurs, but from the information given on the error window, I couldn't find anything that could explain this issue.

Just thought you guys should know about this.

Thanks

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy