jcobreti

Question

my setup is plugin drums usb to pc then get midi-ox then go to options

http://s7.postimg.org/a9xwf8zu3/midi_ox1.png

then midi devices

http://s1.postimg.org/4pm2yg86n/midi_ox2.png

then select your midi input and output

http://s21.postimg.org/sf7wmobd3/midi_ox.png

then open coolsoft virtual midi synth select you output audio device i use my digtech rp355

http://s14.postimg.org/opv5l9pz5/coolsoft.png

then plug rs cable to left mono audio output to pc

then i could play drums and plugin my guitar to peddle

the song i did was rush - how it is andd tune it to all EEEEEE so when i got to tune i just hit the bass drum

and six string is open so i go to my drum and set my bass midi note to 40/E1 and so on

• Like 1

I managed to get my drums into the midi-ox, but my drums and computer are too far apart to get hooked up , i need more usb extensions before i can settle in and get my kit loaded with the RS cable hooked up

thanks for the help this far, going to see what my pearl red box spits out for data across all my hardware!

tinker time begins woohoo !,,!

you could chart a full kit like neil peart kit but you couldent hit two different toms or cymbles at the same time cause thay are on the same string so you would haft to do

crash---|------|-------------|-------------|

ride-----|------|-------------|-------------|

toms----|------|--tom1-----|------------|

snare---|------|-------------|--tom2----|

hh-------|------|-------------|------------|

bass----|------|-------------|------------|

know i have the cymble and ride paulm mute so it is easer to know is cymbal

Now that i have the premise of how to overlay the kit onto the strings i envision it like this

bass drum on the lowest string open note, red string/ hihat on say the 3rd fret, crash on the 8th fret , ride on the 9th fret all on the RED string. Snare would be 4th fret yellow string, 1st tom 5th fret next string down, 2nd tom 6th fret one string down 3rd tom  7th fret one string down. this would allow for very smooth note charts and visually effective note seperation for ease of making a " standard " for charting tunes that everyone can appreciate.

but you cant hit two cymble at the same time cause there on the same string

Wrong. You can chart 2 notes at the same string in the same time, and you can make RS register it. Of course it's impossible to play it like that on guitar, but if you transpose one of the notes to another string, and play it as a chord on guitar, RS has no problems with registering it.

On Editors - Munich cdlc (bass path), we found something like that (MaZtoR's pic):

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/111_zpsphiwyeic.jpg

That's obviously mistake in cdlc, but it is possible to make it register when playing as 2-string chord.

So it is possible to have 2 cymble on one string hitted at the same time.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Administrator

never thought RS or EOF would allow that so i assumed it was a limitation but if it isn't one, it changes a lot of things in how to chart a drum part...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

my song rush - how it is has a part with two toms at the same so im gona haft to try it out and make a another video

and know all cymbles has a paulm mute so its easy to see what is the cymble like rockband

you would haft to edit the xml file don't no if you get a miss if you just hit one note

you would have 5 lanes 5 string and for cymbals you could use the palm mute technic so ill look like rockband pro drums

tom3--[]----cym3---X--------

tom2--[]----cym2---X-------

tom1--[]----cym1---X-------

snare-[]----------------------

bass---__________--------

Awesome joe

here is my first try ^^ i created a quick drum custom for "stiltskin - inside" I still suck playing it ^^

I still have some problems:

- sometimes i can't pass the tuning check (in the video i had to plugin my guitar)

- i use a usb soundcard for virtual midi synth and i have alot noise

- i'm not very familiar with EOF, how can i remove the chordview?

• Administrator

For the tunning i put the A at A445 and not A440 because RS tuner is looking for slight not perfect pitch because picking guitar change slightly the pitch, it helps a lot to get pass the tuning screen more easily

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Changing A440 to A445 did the trick, now i can pass the tuning screen easily :)

I use EOF 1.8 r1337 and i can't find the handshape menu, however the shortcut ctrl+shift+h works. But i still get the chordview, so i added also arpeggio view and now the chordview is gone. But i would prefer the look you get on your video joe21121.

I'm still searching for a good tone. Here is another try, sounds still awfull^^

i don't use a tone

i use know only the cabinet PS-115.2C PA pa speaker

after you select all notes and add handshapes

you hafted to click save not quick save

quick save wont remove the chord box

I found the problem. It was the old EOF version r1337, i updated EOF to version r1417 and now handshape works and the chord box is gone :)

Just a heads up for the rs toolkit, i charted in standard E tuning and in the toolkit i set the tuning to EEEEE. This worked on the toolkit version from april. But then i updated the toolkit and now it autocorrects the tuning in the XML file.

• Administrator

You should always use the same tuning in EOF and the Toolkit or you might encounter issue with the note recognition. That's why the toolkit now corrects the tuning in the xml file if need be.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography