Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 83

Muse:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528390642842370703/8958263E8898C18CFCBAD7FA64524C0D28C7A6B7/

Ramones:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449925869

Cradle of Nope and Mr.Nope.

That's my lot this week, I'm off to learn some duran duran :P

• Like 9

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Has anyone come up with a NDD version of Eternally Missed?  RS keeps leveling me down on the bar cords.

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

And I was about 90% done with the tab...when my computer died...I just lost about 4 hours worth of work...I want to cry...

You need to remember one thing - ctrl+s is your best friend. Keep saving every time you can. But now you know it.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Intermediate Lead - 95.95%, 267 streak

Thinking to much while playing makes a lot of misses. So don't think about economical picking just go with the flow.

• Like 4

So, I didn't really budget my time too well for making a serious attempt at a high score on Addicted to that Rush. Thursday night through Sunday I'm probably going to get little to no quality bass playing in, so if I'm going to do anything it needs to be either tonight or somewhat early tomorrow night. I guess the good news is that the current lead doesn't seem unattainable, but even if I grab the lead people will have plenty of time to surpass it. The other good new is that I now have a bunch of exercises synced to clicktracks in PSARC form, so I can remind myself to do them when I'm playing Rocksmith now.

Speaking of Addicted to that Rush, if any of you want to try out your newfound tapping skills on another song, I recently made a CDLC for Egypt by Symphony X (only bass for the moment). The instrumental section has lots of tapping for you to enjoy. (Also, if people could test the guitar part for A Fool's Paradise that would be really helpful. I think the last tapping section of the solo the taps didn't get imported, but it should hopefully be somewhat clear what's supposed to be tapped, and I should be able to get around to fixing that today. It should be pretty fun to play  :D). There's probably a good amount more Symphony X coming from me eventually, as they have a lot of really cool riffs. But first, I'll probably try finishing off the very first few CDLC I started on.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi guys 

im starting to play guitar i just have a couple of weeks playing im i lost three days trying to do this song, the chords are wrong im just starting with chords and i just realized that i was playing it wrong, i was playing with only 2 fingers because thats what its show on the screen, if u guys could try to check the song before putting it on the weekly challengue i will be gratefull, i dont know a lot of stuffs and i dont think that learning wrong stuff will help me improve on my playing. 

(Sorry for bad english, its not my native language)

http://i59.tinypic.com/307q4nt.jpg

• Like 3

And I was about 90% done with the tab...when my computer died...I just lost about 4 hours worth of work...I want to cry...

You need to remember one thing - ctrl+s is your best friend. Keep saving every time you can. But now you know it.

Finally had a perfect run on bass(You guys on bass are gonna love the bass feature)

Girlfriend calls on skype and you can hear it -____-

YAAAAAAAAY

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hi guys 

im starting to play guitar i just have a couple of weeks playing im i lost three days trying to do this song, the chords are wrong im just starting with chords and i just realized that i was playing it wrong, i was playing with only 2 fingers because thats what its show on the screen, if u guys could try to check the song before putting it on the weekly challengue i will be gratefull, i dont know a lot of stuffs and i dont think that learning wrong stuff will help me improve on my playing. 

Hi Candres! Great you are here!

I think everything is fine with the notation of this weeks punk! ;)

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Hi guys 

for example the d#5 chord the game said to play finger 1 and 3 only, using the finger number 3 to play the d and g strings i just look for the d#5 chord on google and it says u have to play it with the finger 1, 3 and 4 i guess its wrong on the cdlc  :unsure:

for example the d#5 chord the game said to play finger 1 and 3 only, using the finger number 3 to play the d and g strings i just look for the d#5 chord on google and it says u have to play it with the finger 1, 3 and 4 i guess its wrong on the cdlc  :unsure:

Na, everything is good - this is the minimal version, but its still the "powerchord"

http://i50.tinypic.com/96mfed.jpg

• Like 4

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Some practice notes from Addicted to that Rush. As I said, I'll try to do my best score attack later tonight.

1) It's actually possible to make it through the outro with relatively few misses, I think. At 80% I can mostly play it using hammer ons and pulloffs as notated (though there's still the strange 2-2 pulloffs and such), and I ended up with 15 misses. It's possible that with really low speeds like how @ used there might be issues with note detection for legato notes or something weird like that, as I'm not sure how else to explain what he found. Proof:

http://i.imgur.com/ydFIYUt.jpg

2) I'm becoming better at tapping out these crazy patterns in the second and third tapping sections. I'm still having a lof of trouble with that last run in the third, but I was really proud of this (this is in the chorus after that section since it was the first opportunity to take a screenshot without forcing another miss!):

http://i.imgur.com/dem2LWb.jpg

Kind of funny when you're proud of "only" missing a sixth of the notes!

Anyway, now that I've figured out it is possible to hit the notes in the outro, I'll try to practice that, as well as the various runs in the song. If everything were to go perfectly in one run I could see myself making as few as 70 misses in the song (1-3 in intro, ~15 in second tapping section, ~20 in third, 25 in outro [but maybe that's optimistic since I haven't tested it yet] and ~10 assorted misses throughout the rest of the song), which would put me around 94%. Of course, the far more likely outcome is that I'll lose my place in (at least) one of the latter tapping sections once it moves on to more complicated stuff and accrue ~double the expected number of misses there, and not cope with the legato in the outro at full speed.

@@then3verend - Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Candres To sum up what Rodman is saying - this are valid Power Chords.

Don't be afraid, it takes quite some time to make chords register :)

School Time! (Though I'm not the best tutor, if any :P, I hope I'm not wrong :ph34r: )

Power chords can be played with 2 strings or 3 strings. Why? 3rd string's note is the same note you're playing on 1st string, but octave higher. Thus octave chords are when you play 1st and 3rd string, muting 2nd one.

• Like 3

@@Candres - and for the quality of the songs here ....

I think you have found tha rite plaze! - If a tab has errors we use to kick us so long till someone starts bleeding... you will see

• Like 1

1st try bass

http://i59.tinypic.com/i1jg5u.jpg

now thats to be forbettered ;)

• Like 3

School Time! (Though I'm not the best tutor, if any :P, I hope I'm not wrong :ph34r: )

Power chords can be played with 2 strings or 3 strings. Why? 3rd string's note is the same note you're playing on 1st string, but octave higher. Thus octave chords are when you play 1st and 3rd string, muting 2nd one.

Perhaps you guys dont understand my question, mmmm can you play 3 strings of the chord only with the finger 1 and 3, i mean you use the third finger to press the 5 and 4 string at the same time ?

and thanks for the lesson =P

ah thats a lot better..

http://i57.tinypic.com/21bufbp.jpg

• Like 4

Perhaps you guys dont understand my question, mmmm can you play 3 strings of the chord only with the finger 1 and 3, i mean you use the third finger to press the 5 and 4 string at the same time ?

and thanks for the lesson =P

Sure you can, but that is not the way that chord is shown and shoud be played here..

Don´t think too much - its punk ... at least where that started...