Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 83

We won't go with Orion now as we want bass to stay. Give me a sec.

PS. We will go with Anton's version in the future.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Boom Boom Change.

(Try to be careful while selecting, especially you high level guys. My ear is crap, and there is no way I can play stuff that fast and complicated no matter it's charted well or not, so I won't know id it's good or not).

Lead:

Masterclass: Overkill - Ironbound

Rhythm:

Masterclass: Overkill - Ironbound

We will do Ironbound's bass in the future. I hope this nev's selection will be better, otherwise I'll ban his selections :P

• Like 4

@@Mortalo I've played this one a few times, I wanted it for the guitar, its good.

http://s29.postimg.org/67zwhmlaf/2015_04_30_00002.jpg

I will vote against this one being struck down(unless its rhythm because I never played it, but then again rhythm did just go from no song to a song).

As far as my secret project...well...here is a teaser :P

http://s10.postimg.org/mfi7939wp/2015_05_24_00001.jpg

• Like 5

Many nice scores on all songs :)

I played Ironbound a while ago in rhythm, I think that there was one crazy moment somewhere, which made me believe it's good for MC.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

1st try muse...

here could be a very very high score eow.

http://i59.tinypic.com/einkat.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

There rebuilded version cdlc Cradle of Filth -->>

New beatmap, resynced notes, changed fingers positions in lead.

My score after update cdlc:

http://i.imgur.com/S4bloWk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YSxAy21.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z44FA7E.jpg

And yet my rate for lead, after update and RR, there 6.

• Like 5

Int Bass

99.48% acc, 242 streak.

Think this should definitely use that "pour some sugar on me" rule or whatever it is called.

I had never heard the song before, this was only my second play of it.

Still if it's as easy on lead thats something lmao :)

While most of the song is pretty easy, I thought the fast parts of the verse riff are too tricky for it to be a beginner song. Alternatively, is it really that much easier than Enter Sandman? I guess your score says otherwise, but I'm a little bit surprised people are finding that part to be that easy.

@@then3verend - So, that's how you're planning to unveil your original work? Interesting!

@ - Thanks for your work on the new version! I'll check it out soon.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

ok, second run on Ironbound (great song)

http://i62.tinypic.com/4r8hfs.png

and i was curious about the Muse song, so i gave it a try and here's the score

http://i59.tinypic.com/2eat9gg.png

i'll try the resynced version of the Cradle of Filth song now.

Did i mention i love this?

• Like 5

@@albatross213 sure am, and it's my first foray into tabbing, as well doing something interesting recording it.

I'm making a cdlc with the notes and complete silence, then taking those audio tracks and syncing them up.

The drums will be a midi and vocals should be there...but that's a beast within itself.

but there should be no debates on the chart and the tone :P and if there is...well...you're not playing it right.

I'm super excited about this week :) great songs for MC, as well as this project

• Like 1

Time for an "Oh bugger, I'm in over my head" question :D

On the Muse song, lead path. Is it best to be using economy picking for the "D7 D7 G9 G9" bit?

I think the answer is yes and I think I shall be having a pretty low score on my humble ascent into Int lead.

... frantically googles "Justin Guitar economy picking"  :D

• Like 1

@@Van-Blurten I don't know what you mean about economy picking, I'm simply use alternate picking. I have bigger problem keeping it palm muted all the time.

I felt that Muse bass is really easy. There is basically one jump by one fret and back (as I'm not using pinky in that song). I was a little dissapointed with that bass to tell the truth, hoped for something trickier.

• Like 1

Boom Boom Change.

(Try to be careful while selecting, especially you high level guys. My ear is crap, and there is no way I can play stuff that fast and complicated no matter it's charted well or not, so I won't know id it's good or not).

We will do Ironbound's bass in the future. I hope this nev's selection will be better, otherwise I'll ban his selections :P

I think this is the first song I didn't test the lead and bass. I highly recommend that, and idk if I'm the only one but I test possible mc selections to make sure they are A:difficult enough to be in MC and B:if the chart is good(hence why headbangerrrr!!!!! Isn't selected yet because that bass tuning...)

I know @@Mortalo plays them once but I don't think the comments on the right is limited to staff

• Like 1

not bad this one, I only miss the palm mutes and the tones could be better.

tab is ok, a few minor issues but nothing dramatically.

http://up.picr.de/22019063cp.jpg

but the rhythm path needs some fixes in the calm arpeggio part and during the solo. I will do a request.

• Like 5
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

played the rhythm with the wrong arpeggios.

http://up.picr.de/22019198cy.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I'm having trouble with the selections for my classes this week.

For advanced bass, the genre just doesn't interest me and I really hate the floppy strings on low tunings.  I've worked on Cradle of Filth for an hour or so and ran it through once to get a score on the board and do something else.  80%

I much prefer the Muse selection. It's taken a lot more work in RR at a lot slower speeds too.  So far, I'm at 88% accuracy, but the score is not valid because I got leveled down in one section.  The ugly truth is that in all of the palm mutes, I'm playing single notes instead of doublets, and the system doesn't notice the MISS.  I really prefer this song so I'm going to focus on this one this week.  I'll slow it right down in RR until I'm satisfies with my performance and then up the speed a little at a time.

Edit, On Muse, I'm playing lead, bot bass.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

So, I've been kind of stupid and worked on lots of stuff that isn't tapping or legato, so I haven't made a huge amount of progress on the song, but I figured this was worth an update:

http://i.imgur.com/QDtervn.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to move on up a bit once I actually practice the stuff that's holding me back on this song.

@@2groggy - I totally get you on the floppy strings. D standard I find OK on normal strings, but there are some Mastodon songs that are AGCF (which pretty much has to be played with a B string) and some 5 or 6 string songs that are in drop A (AEADGC or something similar), and for those the low string is barely playable because the tension's so low.

As for the genre, CoF isn't really my thing, but the vocals are at least less annoying than I remember them being when I heard some of their stuff a while back. I also think a lot of the fun of this is getting to listen to bands and genres that you wouldn't hear normally. Even if you don't wind up liking them in the end, I always like being exposed to (and learning to play) new types of music.

• Like 7

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@2groggy, I did the same thing with muse, playing single notes instead of doublets, feel a little dirty doing it though.  It's funny too cuz i'm playing them all on down strokes, so hitting the doublets on the upstroke shouldn't be that hard, but I only played it the one time so maybe if i slow it down a bit I'll get it.

• Like 1