Advanced: @@lordlk
Masterclass: @

Bass:
Beginner: N/E
Intermediate: @@Azrael

Advanced: @@MaZtoR
Masterclass: @@then3verend

B.B. King: @@missis sumner

Congrats to all the winners. Honorably mentioned are @@albatross213 on MC bass and @@then3verend on ADV and MC bass for scoring 100%. Well done!
Now you can enjoy

of
by @@albatross213! And late
by @@lordlk.

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:

Beginner: Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (Chosen by @@Rodman )
Intermediate: Muse - Eternally Missed (Chosen by @@Shiroo )
Advanced: Cradle of Filth - The Foetus of a New Day Kicking (Chosen by @ )

(rebuilded version here)

Masterclass: Overkill - Ironbound (Chosen by @@then3verend)

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
Intermediate: Cradle of Filth - The Foetus of a New Day Kicking

(rebuilded version here)
Advanced: N/A
Masterclass: Overkill - Ironbound

Bass Path:

Beginner: Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
Intermediate: Muse - Eternally Missed
Advanced: Cradle of Filth - The Foetus of a New Day Kicking

(rebuilded version here)
Masterclass: Mr. Big - Addicted To That Rush

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard men:

Playing in their class 4 weeks in row, one pass allowed.

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have fun!

• Like 7

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Well, guess I'm going to learn how to tap better. I can do some of the more basic Dream Theater tapping (Scarred, Lines in the Sand), but this looks like something quite different. And the tapping will also have a huge influence on the scores, since there's going to be so many notes there compared to the rest of the song.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I'm going to need to work on my pulloff technique too...

http://i.imgur.com/Sd6TUJC.jpg

I don't know how I didn't get a strike on that end section. As I said above, I'm definitely going to need to practice my tapping and hammer-on and pulloff technique (that section at the end). In addition, I'm probably going to need to go over some of the more complicated tapping sections so I actually have some semblance of an idea of where my hands should be, rather than just flailing at the fretboard and hoping.

Edit: Just did a runthrough on RR to see how many notes there are in each section. The first tapping section had 72, the second and third each had about 100, and the outro had about 170. I think the total note count in the song ended up a little below 1300 (maybe 1286?). So those sections (which don't include all of the technical and hard parts) comprise over a third of the notes in the song.

In other news, I'm helping out on making a bass version for Mastodon's song The Motherload. I've made the bass part in a Guitar Pro tab (the 19th measure should match the 27th, but I think otherwise this is the most recent version) mostly based on this live performance, especially from ~1:10 through 2:40. The studio version is here, in case anything's done differently between the two versions. If you could check it out and see whether it seems accurate, that would be a big help! I haven't done much of anything with the part during interlude and solo, and it would probably also be especially helpful to double-check what is a slide but shouldn't be (or isn't a slide but should be). Thanks!

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Just watching Eurovision Song Contest - yeah, please i wanna be sedated'!!!!! :)

Cradle, now thats retro ;)

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

the strike comes with the last note. Always

http://up.picr.de/22006399ae.jpg

at the last note again

http://up.picr.de/22006511sl.jpg

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I have to be honest, playing this song is a COMPLETE mess, a lot of slides going nowhere, wrong notes and stuff, it's really frustrating on the first try, but well, here it is

http://i.imgur.com/03CEynh.jpg

• Like 4

9A7alLl.jpg

Beginner Bass - 100%, 713 streak, 1.485.530 score

To ease some tension 100% score :D

• Like 7

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@Nacholede, I totally agree, lead is really no pleasure. I don't understand how you can get this score.

I myself can't play and won't pracise this path as it's written. If a hard song like this gets too many details it gets just unplayable, much more complicated written than it's played. Instead just scratch over the strings there are fast notes over the whole fretboard with slides and at this speed it is just impossible to hit everything. Also the tones, especially guitar sounds awful.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@ @@Nacholede Yeah...to be fair I never fully tested the lead, I mostly wanted this for the bass.

I can't give an honest review of it though because I love this song though, so I'm leaving it up to you guys and @@Mortalo

I vote against changing the bass though.

They definitely should change the MC Lead song, but it's up to Mortalo and Motive 

9A7alLl.jpg

The bass part's a little weird in places if you look carefully (from what I remember, in the tapping intro the 14th fret note at the end of the four note pattern shows as a pluck when it should be a hammer on, identical consecutive notes showing as hammers/pulloffs in the outro, pitched slides down to open strings), but I'm fine with it as is. At the very least, there are probably very few songs that have such strong incentives for me to (finally) learn how to properly do pulloffs at speed and learn the fretboard.

• Like 2

wow, some parts of this song made my brain go *bzzzt* :P wall of notes, gonna take a lot of rr to get this tapping down. are we gonna keep this one or change it? cause i can see some parts are messed up, much clearer to me than it was on last week's song.

gonna post scores later.

and what are you working on, @? you got me curious

I like this a song, for a few reason. It very fun to play, despite at a lot missed notes it sounds very good and crazy fun (i`m used my pedalboard for fun and very similar tone), Yes it very hard in same time, but it look like a song with high diff rate for intermediate class, when for they  impossible pass in SA, but we early stayed a song for challenge. So second reason that my vote don't change a song it MC players too must be one some time to got rape ass  :D Such way MC players will be more good understand feels participants of other class.   And i don`t see big issue with charting there, exclude complicated a song with a lot notes+techniques.

There my last attempt:

http://i.imgur.com/BnSbkyf.jpg

• Like 4

sorry, but Addicted Lead is a real mess with the techs. Maybe the notes are not really wrong, but a lot of unnecessary things are written which makes it a torture. I defenitely don't spend any time in this path. Here are two examples how worse the tabbing and also the playability is. Look at this, it should be just 3 scratches down, maybe a good solution for tabbing this would be a slide out (down) from a higher fret on the E-string with dead notes, so needed just 3 notes, but the custom says this:

http://up.picr.de/22011688ds.png

another sliding example, just simply slide out, but written is this:

http://up.picr.de/22011710cc.png

and this with tempo about 228bpm? no, not serious. Only way to get misses as few as possible here is beating your guitar as crazy and hope to get maybe just 5 wrongs instead 15. You see all the red 3s? They're throughout the whole song, it's another evidence of a bad tab (triads everywhere, and red is just wrong in Guitar Pro)

but it's your decision to keep this song in CS

sorry, but Addicted Lead is a real mess with the techs. Maybe the notes are not really wrong, but a lot of unnecessary things are written which makes it a torture. I defenitely don't spend any time in this path. Here are two examples how worse the tabbing and also the playability is. Look at this, it should be just 3 scratches down, maybe a good solution for tabbing this would be a slide out (down) from a higher fret on the E-string with dead notes, so needed just 3 notes, but the custom says this:

another sliding example, just simply slide out, but written is this:

and this with tempo about 228bpm? no, not serious. Only way to get misses as few as possible here is beating your guitar as crazy and hope to get maybe just 5 wrongs instead 15. You see all the red 3s? They're throughout the whole song, it's another evidence of a bad tab (triads everywhere, and red is just wrong in Guitar Pro)

but it's your decision to keep this song in CS

that explains a lot.. i haven't got the time today to try and dissect the piece a little to understand it better, but since i think it's the organizers' decision to keep this version or not, i'll try it later on

For my, it not my class, and i don`t mind if it will changed, time for decision yet is. (at least lead). Now i see about 50% MC participants for changing lead MC and good weighty facts about bad tabs .

Btw. Cradle of Filth too did not very good. Bad offsync beatmap (with notes), and not very good fingers position in some places. So i started rebuild.

• Like 2

Never heard this song before.  Sounded like shit when i played it.  I think i need to listen to it a few times without playing.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/The%20foetus%20of%20a%20new%20day%20kicking%2080_zpskbrxohx8.jpg

• Like 3