View GuitarPro files on iPad

Azrael

Question

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it via the search engine.

I would like to know if anyone has some recommendations for Apps on the iPad to view GuitarPro-files.

Somewhere I have read that with the official "Guitar Pro" App it is quite complicated to import files from your PC.

But this is exactly what I'm looking for: I want to view the gp5 files from my PC on the iPad, without having to use a (constant) internet connection. I am willing to pay some money, but only for right App :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

7 answers to this question

• Administrator

Why not just convert the gp5 to pdf if you're only looking to read the tab and not edit them?

Ps : if you want to be able to edit i can't help you :(

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Arobas Music develop its won app available here http://www.guitar-pro.com/fr/index.php?pg=produit-iphone-ipad#/interface

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Arobas Music develop its won app available here http://www.guitar-pro.com/fr/index.php?pg=produit-iphone-ipad#/interface

I did already look at the official "Guitar Pro" App, but I have read (in the comments on the iTunes Store) that it is very complicated/not possible to import your own gp5 files from your PC (even though their website says something else).

So... does your comment mean that you nevertheless recommend this to me?

@@firekorn yeah I would like to use edit/playback/autoscroll etc.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

No I'm not recommending this to you. I own the player on android is quiete good but i don't know on iPad what it is. 

Don't you have a test period where you can puchase the app test it and get refund if you are not satisfied? I know android allow us 15 minutes to test an app to get refund.

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

I apologize for the incomplete answer in advance because I don't have my Ipad with me at the moment, but seems to me when I did this about a month ago it was very easy.  I went through the process of converting all my CDLC into gp5 files.  I don't own GP on the PC so I just used tuxguitar there, but I did purchase the GP app and it was relatively painless loading them.  Trying to remember off the top of my head but it was something simple like being on the same wifi network as the PC where the files were located, had to connect the two and once you start the import process it runs by itself - just takes a long time if you've got a lot of files to do.  If I remember I'll double-check and get you more details tonight.  

• Like 1

Finally remembered to do this.  Very easy to do - open up GP on ipad, hit the + at the top, Files from computer option - it gives you a http:// address, go onto your PC browser - throw in the address - brings you to a screen and you can drag and drop your files onto your iPad.  This being the second time I've done it - it actually gives you a list too of all the files you already have on your device which is convenient.  Total time to get to the set up is < 1 minute and then it's just dependent on your network speed and how many you're doing as to how quickly the files port over. I did like 500 at once so I just set it up and walked away for a bit and had no problems. 

@@madzillagd Thank you for this good explanation, seems like an easy thing :-)