Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 82

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

alright, so this is my first time participating in this and i didn't figure out all the rules yet, but here's my first attempt at doing Big Gun (difficulty set at maximum and on learn a song cause i wasn't sure about getting through the solo). I'm gonna try to get that number higher this week :)

so the one thing that's not clear to me is: who gets to decide (and how) which level i should compete into? should i send screenshots of all the songs or just the class i want to participate/get sent to? thanks in advance.

btw, awesome idea. Thanks to the guys who decided to do this.

Welcome aboard!

Looks like you perfectly found your class already ;)

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

alright, so this is my first time participating in this and i didn't figure out all the rules yet, but here's my first attempt at doing Big Gun (difficulty set at maximum and on learn a song cause i wasn't sure about getting through the solo). I'm gonna try to get that number higher this week :)

so the one thing that's not clear to me is: who gets to decide (and how) which level i should compete into? should i send screenshots of all the songs or just the class i want to participate/get sent to? thanks in advance.

btw, awesome idea. Thanks to the guys who decided to do this.

Welcome aboard!

I'm not sure yet, i just got back from work and this was my first try on Cities On Flame (btw the riff is AWESOME):

http://i59.tinypic.com/2iarhxt.png

I'm gonna try both of them a few more times to see how much i can better the accuracy today . also, i think i'm gonna try the master and advanced from last week to have a better idea of the difficulty

• Like 7

@@then3verend - In totally unrelated news, I am a late convert to the church of Big Gun. The one true MC bass song  :P

http://i.imgur.com/nyGWKjG.jpg

But really, I was very close to 100% on the Alanis Morissette yesterday, and it's definitely something I can do. I guess I can try to out-rhythm people for the title (or at least a podium position).

In other news, I'm going to the Mastodon and Clutch show in NYC tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too wet! I also saw there were a few CDLC songs for Graveyard, so I'll check those out.

Edit: @@supername - with the songs last week, I think there was an issue to some extent with the note recognition on the advanced song for some of the bends on the high frets. It was discussed to some extent in the thread, but I forget exactly what the solutions were. Anyways, it seems RS has an issue where even if the intonation of the instrument is good notes on high frets can get read a few 10s of cents higher than they should, which can cause recognition problems.

• Like 11

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Welcome aboard!

I'm gonna try both of them a few more times to see how much i can better the accuracy today . also, i think i'm gonna try the master and advanced from last week to have a better idea of the difficulty

Sorry, didnt wanna make you play a class too LOW - hahaha....

Your screenshot of a 82% first try was highly sugestive on being the right class.

Just go for some masterclass songs from the past and figure out where you feel at home the most!

Great that you are here!

Edit:

Your last update is highly suggestive you are lead MC!

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@@supername Welcome! MasterClass is serious business, so choose wisely :)

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@2groggy We're playing Chains and Things only on guitar :)

Ok, so basses will stay how they are. You're pretty much equally divided between which one should be MC.

@@Mortalo - I know that , but you can't stop me :P .Here I go again.  My guitar playing isn't good enough to to B.B. justice, but I might give it a try later on.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

You are right. Everyone should be able to honour B.B King, so you can play it on bass as well!

• Like 5

Munich beginner lead 99.14%.  Does that bump me ti intermediate lead next week?

Oh, those weird volume fluctuations on the guitars went away after the 2nd reboot.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

• Like 8
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I spent some time on BOC Cities on flame bass and got up to 85% accuracy

• Like 5

Well, my score is embarrassingly lower than @@then3verend's.

http://i.imgur.com/vMclA3U.jpg

While I wouldn't expect to get too many perfects during the verses, it's kind of frustrating getting a whole lot of "early" and "good" on the chorus, when I'm pretty sure I'm playing exactly on rhythm (i've also noticed this on other songs, like Blitzkrieg Bop). Seems to be a common theme for me on anything where many of the same note are played in sequence at a reasonable speed, but not really on isolated notes or notes where the pitch is changed. This makes me think it's not the "Display lag correction" setting, but something else that I'm doing. Might I need to pluck harder or softer, or do a little muting between notes when possible?

Another thing I've also noticed that might be related is when you have the volume up high the game can register extra notes when playing some of the guitarcade games (I think I've especially noticed this in Scale Racer and Ducks... uh... the fretting game with ducks, whatever it's called). I guess the game could also be doing weird stuff related to this if I have the volume too high in other modes, which might explain the above.

@@2groggy - Yeah, I'm pretty sure you've leveled up now in lead guitar by scoring above 99%, and since you're in beginner, I guess the "Pour Some Sugar On Me" rule can't apply. congratulations!

• Like 6

@@albatross213 I'm also a drummer, so rhythm comes second nature to me, also I've had my fair share of high score battles.

I do know that repeating notes focus on the highest db of a pluck, and that there's a certain threshold to register. I recommend really annunciating each note and not playing it as a line.

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Eh, I kind of doubt it's my sense of rhythm, at least for things like the chorus in You Oughta Know (the verses are a different matter). For example, I think most of the B.B. King song is more rhythmically (and technically, as there's at least string switching and changing frets somewhat often) complex than the chorus riff, but I had fewer "early" and "late" notes throughout the song than I've had in just a single chorus of You Oughta Know, and I'm hitting mostly perfects (though I'm too lazy to define "mostly" more precisely by counting everything).

Speaking of which, I'm putting my playthrough of the B.B. King song below. It's actually really fun to play on bass! (And I have no idea what happened when I missed the notes  :huh:)

Another thing that I thought of is that I tend to pluck relatively close to the neck. I think just because that's how I learned to do it. I might try plucking a little bit closer to the bridge to see if that changes anything, since that's probably something I should get used to at some point anyways. And then probably try playing around with preamp EQ before I start to try other things to chase perfects.

Also, you play drums too! Are you planning to make a one-man band? Or can you not sing?

• Like 4

@@albatross213

Drums, Violin, Xylophone(4-mallet technique as well), Piano/Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, and a vocal style similar to Newsted and Chuck Billy.

The band thing happened for a moment, made some Extremely low quality recordings and tried it out. Would want to do it again through a studio once I graduate from college and have the funds available.

I could post a link if anyone is interested

• Like 5

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@@albatross213

I could post a link if anyone is interested

Yup, lemme hear that!

alright, i've tried Working Man from last week and i got a decent 82% out of it (1st try). I think i'm gonna compete for masterclass. I'm pretty sure my real level is somewhere between advanced and masterclass, so i might be moving back and forth between the classes when i can't reach higher than 79% (especially if a really hard song comes for mc), but whatever, this is so much fun :D

i'll try to get higher accuracies during the week.

You know, usually I play a new song and then i never try to learn it or anything, i just go to the next new one (CDLC are baaaaad for this xD), but this championship is making me wanna try to get better at songs and it's awesome. thanks again guys

• Like 6

does any guys from MC lead think it sounds a little bit wrong spotwise?

Maybe I'm the only one, and I just tried a bit RR until the first solo, but there are any passages I really not agree with the tab.

But for sure there are any notes, i.e first chorus, alway first the chord is just a half step too low, sounds just wrong, second chorus are no chords, just penta riffs and at one spot it should be shifted 2 frets but it doesn't, sounds so wrong. Other parts are just not playable with the shown technics. I cannot do a quick bend whole step with my inex finger, instead I play a hammer on there, sounds better and is good playable. Really nobody noticed this?

But I don't want to complain on this song again...

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

does any guys from MC lead think it sounds a little bit wrong spotwise?

Maybe I'm the only one, and I just tried a bit RR until the first solo, but there are any passages I really not agree with the tab.

But for sure there are any notes, i.e first chorus, alway first the chord is just a half step too low, sounds just wrong, second chorus are no chords, just penta riffs and at one spot it should be shifted 2 frets but it doesn't, sounds so wrong. Other parts are just not playable with the shown technics. I cannot do a quick bend whole step with my inex finger, instead I play a hammer on there, sounds better and is good playable. Really nobody noticed this?

But I don't want to complain on this song again...

I've noticed a few discrepancies during the solo part, but couldn't really notice the rest, i've only tried it twice for now. As soon as i have time i'll RR it a bit and let you know.

But how awesome is the main riff? I love it

• Like 1

@ I heard that @manchot66 does miracles on guitar charts, try to talk with him.

I'm nowhere near being good to tell a thing.

B.B King Guitar - 88%, 59 streak

• Like 4

Mostly finished up the karaoke version of You Oughta Know this morning. Found a better audio version where the bass audio at least very closely aligns with what's tabbed. For whatever reason the slides at the end of the second chorus didn't survive the "CDLC 2 Tab" and "Import Guitar Pro" process, and my attempt to fix it created an abominable mess. I guess I can also go back to the GP file to try and fit it, but if any can let me know how to fix things like that inside of EoF that would be great. In the meantime, I guess it should only be a missed note or two.

Another thing I'm not sure about is the unpitched slides. They seem to work as they are, but they tend to go one fret (the default, I gather) and not end up anywhere near the target fret. Basically I just don't know how to work slides at all inside of EoF (or I guess how to do the necessary things in Guitar Pro for unpitched slides).

@@NoonyDeloony - it's definitely not perfect yet as discussed above, but it should be 99.5% playable.

• Like 2