New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Well, I got a new Rocksmith playin' PC hooked up and got rid of the old clunker, finally. After getting RockSmith 2014 set up and getting the real tone cable installed correctly, which was a chore. The first tune I played was your version of BS - Electric Funeral, and have to say awesome, tones are great on the lead path for sure, charting is spot on because I hit 80 full speed on the first try. What audio file did you use for it? I haven't tried the other one on CF yet by Snake3169. I posted my version of N.I.B. and Snake3169 hasn't said anything to me about my version with a remastered audio version of N.I.B., so I think you defiantly should post your versions of Iron Man and Electric Funeral for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

How you doin' buddy, Sad to hear you've been under the weather lately, Close to 10 years ago I got the West Nile virus from misquote's around here and it really knocked me for a loop, got bit by a few misquote's the other day, with my bad luck I will probably catch the zika virus now. All the world traveling I did in the past, I had no problems. Got sick in my own backyard with the imported virus. What's next Beri-Beri, Malaria, I just hope Ebola doesn't start showing up around here, for sure. Well, hope you're feeling fine now. Keep Rockin' on that Bass!

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

I was told I had a serious case of cooties in third grade that I've never fully recovered from.

I used the 2009 remastered versions for the Sabbath songs.  I've got all there albums remastered if you need a song. 

I'm finishing up the bass on Iron Man, then it will be done.  I also tweaked the tone a bit and made a few minor corrections.  Hope to have it done by tonight.  I'd like to find one more tune from the Paranoia album and make it a 3-pack.

Trying my best to use Bandicam, but my old computer lags like crazy if I try to do a full 1080p.  I think I had to knock it down to 480, but still watchable, just don't go full screen or it looks like shit.  I've got my eye on some Dell refurbs on Dell's outlet page; a nice i7 with a 4Gb video card can be had for about $700.

I'm in love with the sound this Seymour Duncan pickup makes when you add the wah pedal to it.  Sounds like the Budweiser frogs were possessed and then electrocuted.   Here's me playing Electric Funeral poorly on Bandicam: https://youtu.be/7eDTPH5ATiE

• Like 3

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Tried to see the video on youtube, but it says sorry the video is private. You may have to change a share setting or something. With the new PC I got set up, I should be able to make some play-through videos soon - hopefully. Had a blast playin' RockSmith last night no lagging and the audio improved also.

Later, Terry

@@manchot66 @@avdocatwork

Wow. 

So .. first up,

Steve, 

WOW your play through is making me SO SMILE !!!!!

I "played" the bass Electric funeral, more like it played me, may be the vodka, but i dunno, will try when i get home and have a better rig to jam on. For what I can tell it is spot on :) I however am smiling at how awesome Gezzer Butler is... He scored almost ever note of ever Sabbath tune,  and I have to imagine her was grinning under all that head bobbing and hair!!  Thanks Steve!!! I needed this, been a tough Week... 

Terry, 

Lyme blows, 3 weeks of anti-biotics and then left to the wind I wear knee braces now and Have to put arthritis gel on to play... some days are better than others, but the days you guys give me stuff like this to remember the days of my youth make my heart beat faster and my pains feel less real... 

Thanks my brothers, keep the faith, and keep on rocking !!! 

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Always liked the Bluegrass tunes on that movie. I have the DVD here at work and play it while test running video gear after repairs. My fav from it is The Soggy Bottom Boys - Man Of Constant Sorrow. I have for a long time wanted to attempt to chart Man Of Constant Sorrow but never started on it. I have collected resources for the tune, I can send to you if you plan on charting it.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Here is what I had collected for Man of Constant Sorrow, hope it helps you. The Bass line looks good on one or more of the GuitarPro files.

The Soggy Bottom Boys - Man Of Constant Sorrow

Guitar Sheet Music with Tab is included in the file.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Finally finished up bass for Iron Man if anybody wants to give it a shot.  Had some tricky parts that were hard to hear, but I think it turned out pretty good.  Also added a small amount of wah pedal to the lead, otherwise lead is unchanged.

Black Sabbath - Iron Man v0.4 for Lead and Bass

• Like 4

@@A51Ripcord

Wow! that was quick William, did you use any of the resources I sent you this morning, or had you already started on it, awhile back? I hope it's not too tough to play, but I have always wanted to attempt it for sure.

I have recently been attempting some early Black Sabbath tunes and not having very much luck with them lately. so I started on some very early ZZ Top from there first album a very bluesy, Southern Rock album. Love that Boogie - Woggie for sure. Got ZZ Top - Goin' Down to Mexico - 1971 nearing completion.

Plan on fixing up an old custom I made from the first album ZZ Top Backdoor Love Affair, while I'm at it. I seem to have really good luck charting ZZ Top Tunes for some reason. But still working on some uncharted early Black Sabbath also.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Just Did it today, went together hassle free once I had the official Soggy Bottom Boys Song, I did use some of the material to help me w/ this. I have a tab but it's only 1 minute long, was able to fill in the rest, Wanna add the bass soon. I played it, was difficult for me, I believe after a lot of through's I should be able to pick it up.. I'm excited to have a working project on this one.

• Like 3

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, Will, can I call you Will?

Me and my cut down on typing letters short cuts, you know. It may be a couple days before I can check out that Rhythm path, too many beers tonight to try to get into it. Tomorrow I have a block party to go to, some real rowdy neighbors down the street are throwing a bash they call a white trash party in there culdesac. I plan on dressing up and calling myself Terry The Cable Guy, and say to everyone Get 'Er Partially Done, until they get sick of hearing it. The wife, Lisa has plans to dress up in Daisy Dukes and halter top :D. If I sober up Sunday I sure want to give that Fav. song of mine a good couple of run-throughs for sure. Kind of freaked going to it now with the awful shootings in Downtown Dallas the other day.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@A51Ripcord

Played Soggy Bottom Boys.  If you increase the speed to about 1.4-1.5, it will be easier to see those chord panes.  They won't seem as stacked up on each other where it can make it hard to see the note behind it.  On my set up, the tone volume was really low.  I always have to crank that acoustic tone to get it loud enough, but it starts to sound a little crappy (no offense Aludog) when the volume gets high.  I usually have the acoustic tone in the low 30's for volume.  If I go higher it starts to break up, but it could just be my set up.  If you decide to make any changes, I'd be happy to run it again.

• Like 1

Thank you for your input,

I haven't Played the Speed Function in EOF much,

Usually leave it at 2.0, Now seems like good time to start. Will try it out. Thank you again.

Speaking of UFC, Just watched the Prelims, damn good fights for prelims.. I recommend watching those too if you missed them. Gonna watch the main card now.. 

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

The default is set at 2.0 for speed, in my opinion the default should be closer to 1.5.  2.0 will work if you have 60bpm and no chord panes, more than that and it can get jumbled up.

I watched the undercard first, some good fights there.  The big card was quite interesting as well.  I complained about Lesnar being on there, but then couldn't wait to see how he did.  Sometimes the UFC gets too caught up in the big names rather than just putting up good fights.  Love watching the girls fight, too; there's no quit in those ladies.

@@manchot66

This is one Epic chrt n thanks so much!! Was a blast to play all looks and sounds ok on this end!! 

JB

Finally finished up bass for Iron Man if anybody wants to give it a shot.  Had some tricky parts that were hard to hear, but I think it turned out pretty good.  Also added a small amount of wah pedal to the lead, otherwise lead is unchanged.

Black Sabbath - Iron Man v0.4 for Lead and Bass

• Like 2

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, Will

Ran through Constant Sorrow a few times.

Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow ( Rhythm Only)

I can see the charting is there super fast strumming with Bass note riff's thrown in there on top of it also. I defiantly see why manchot66 is suggesting speed change on the scrolling, for sure. Guitar tone needs work, some more volume on it for sure, if possible, there is real difficulty dealing with acoustic tones in rocksmith. I have found some that work and many others that just don't work with some tunes but work with others.

Looking forward to updates on this tune, I just wish I had an Acoustic/Electric Guitar, It would be a perfect instrument to play this awesome tune.

Later, Terry