New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Guys

Just doing some rework on an old Custom I made, back in March 2015. The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket - 1980. I added LaceyB's Bass Line, I never had a Bass Path charted for this tune. It's in Drop-D for the Bass only, all other Guitars are in E Standard.

Here it is if anyone want's to give it a try.

The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket - 1980 V 4.0 L, R, B & V

And I think I finally got The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa custom updated with @GetTheLedOut Pitch changed audio file set up in it correctly.

The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa - 1972 V4.0  L, R, B & V

It wasn't easy to get it set up in there - used Wwise the old way and converted the wave to wem then put it into the song folder - then changed the wem file location in the toolkit to the new wem file and saved, then the Wwise converter came up and took care of the rest, I believe. I am going to give it a try tonight and see if I can tell the difference in the tone.

Later, Terry

• Like 3

@avdocatwork 

You mentioned that Ramblin Man had some issues. Should I wait for a v2 before playing? Honestly wasnt going to play Dreams as much since I dont know that tune.

I will re-dl Melissa though. Any plans on Blue Sky? I heard that on the radio yesterday and was thinking about how much fun that would be on RS.

BTW, great work on CCR - I heard it through the Grapevine. A great way to spend 12 minutes of your time!

• Like 1

^^^^Actually just looked at ignition and someone has created a bunch of Allman songs as of 6/18. Anyone know if this cdlc creator (KyleAbent) provides solid cdlc?

@@GetTheLedOut - looks like you have left some comments on Kyle's work. Any thoughts here?

Edit #2 - I also didnt realize there is a Blue Sky version from 2014 by J1nn. Seems to get a solid review from members. Anyone here have any opinions?

@@jhespada

Yeah, that other batch of Allman Brothers tunes were posted in 6/18/2015. I haven't tried any of them. I did play Torkk's - Stormy Monday in the past.

On Ramblin' Man, I played the Lead and Rhythm Paths, just didn't seem to jive for some reason. Tank-OR played the Bass and said it seams like the Bass line is charted 1 fret higher than it should be, so that would mean the Bass is tuned to Eb. Made a version in Eb on all guitars Lead and Rhythm are not in Eb for sure, haven't tried the Bass Path Eb version yet, to determine if it's right or not.

Later, Terry

^^^^Actually just looked at ignition and someone has created a bunch of Allman songs as of 6/18. Anyone know if this cdlc creator (KyleAbent) provides solid cdlc?

@@GetTheLedOut - looks like you have left some comments on Kyle's work. Any thoughts here?

You're obviously welcome to see for yourself, but I'd say don't bother. None of his songs use the actual Allman Brothers song, but rather some variation of MIDI audio. From my perspective, that's a deal breaker.

• Like 2

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

You're obviously welcome to see for yourself, but I'd say don't bother. None of his songs use the actual Allman Brothers song, but rather some variation of MIDI audio. From my perspective, that's a deal breaker.

Agree.  Who wants to jam to a cover version?  I wanted to do a multi-track for Iron Man but it was someone doing an Ozzy impersonation.  This guy probably never even bit the head off of a flying rodent.   Fraud.

• Like 2

Here's an updated version of Iron Man.  @@GetTheLedOut was absolutely right and I was (and still am) an idiot.  The tuning is down 12.5 cents, so I used Audacity to bump it up to A440.  I tried a half dozen tunings and this one seems to sound the best, yet none sound 'perfect'.  Jacked the tone volume up a bit.  Still working on the bass track.

Black Sabbath - Iron Man v0.2 - Lead Only

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Is it April Fools Day already! :D Just kidding looked at the wah pedal sneaker, needs to be wireless for sure, so you can move around with it. First person that trips and kills them self, that product will be off the market for sure. You could go from the Guitar to the Wah sneaker then to a wireless belt-pack with no trouble though.

Going to check out the new Ver. of Iron Man for sure. I started on a version of Black Sabbath NIB a while ago plan on a Lead path Guitar 1 and a Bonus Lead Guitar 2 and a Rhythm Guitar Path Guitar 3 also along with Bass Guitar. Got all the Paths entered and I am syncing it now. Defiantly going to use your awesome tones on it, for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Going to give Brass in Pocket and Melissa a play tonight. 

The ability to tune it up or down in Audacity is great.  I can't tell any difference when playing the song itself, but I couldn't tell it was out of tune either.

Looking forward to some more Sabbath.

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Had a PC weird problem - restarted it and played Iron Man again and it is sounding really nice. I will continue to check it out through your new versions, Nice so far. Enjoying for sure. 

I ran through the Bass line on Brass in Pocket and it seems to fit nicely, thanks to LaceyB, who I am infatuated with now. I have said before she is one of my hero's from way back in the SA day's. I also played the Allman Brothers - Melissa Lead Path - can tell a change in tone, seems closer now - need to make the Lead Guitar Tone a little hotter, maybe louder and a little more distortion also. But the tone sounds really close. Look at us now - thanks to @@GetTheLedOut we are improving our tone quality of our customs, beyond the norm of others, Thanks, GetTheLedOut for all the tips on making us better Custom Charters.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

Got the first version of Black Sabbath - N.I.B. finished - and It is really loud on my set up. Let me know if it's too loud on your set-up and I will turn down the volumes if need be.

Still need to complete the last 15 seconds of the charting on the Lead, Bonus Lead and Rhythm Paths. Here it is if anyone wants to give it a try.

Black Sabbath - N.I.B. L, Bonus L, R, & V.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/Ripcord32/DSCF7813.jpg

Bought this Amp for my Son on his Birthday this week, I have officially Stole it from him. Using a ( Mono 1/4'' Male to (2ea.)  1/4'' Female Splitter) Playing Rocksmith through this Amp and my PC has made my experience so much better!

• Like 3

Hi, Guys

Worked on the following 3 tunes all day today and they all are sounding good to me, finally.

Here they are if anyone wants to give them a try:

Black Sabbath - N.I.B. L, Bonus L, R, & V.

New Guitar Tones - Volume Levels Set.

The Allman Brothers Band - Dreams - 1969 L. R, B and V

The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa - 1972 L. R, B and V

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Nice amp.  I really enjoy playing through the amp as well.  There's no room to hide with your playing.  So much of my playing got covered up by Rocksmith that I couldn't hear where I was making subtle playing errors.  You're also in control of your tone and volume which is nice.  Gave my little Vox amp to my nephew so I've got to get off my ass and get me a Marshall.

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Terry,

I started working on Sabbath's Electric Funeral.  I'm going to try and keep it simple by modifying the version that's already posted.  It needs some speed, tuning, and tone help.  Knowing me, I'll probably end up redoing it from scratch.  If I don't redo it, I'll keep it just for us and won't post it in the database.

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, Ripcord

How do you have that amp hooked up. Do you have guitar running to the amp and with the splitter to the real-tone cable to the PC? I have just been running through my practice amp with the audio out from the PC. I dug up a 1/4" mono splitter, and I am going to hook  it up like, I think the way you got it set up. And try it out.

I also found some better Guitar and Bass tones for N.I.B. and adjusted all the volume levels, so I think it's good to go now. Made the Rhythm Path easy, been getting in the mid 90's on it and in the 70's on the Lead Path's. Didn't do too bad on the Bass Path either.

Later, Terry

@@manchot66

I didn't even think of that, Steve. I'll have to try that out.

You wouldn't be stepping on anybody's toes if you released a Remastered version of the Electric Funeral Custom, I say.

I have seen remastered versions of some Black Sabbath Albums the one called the Warner box (aka Black Box) does have a remastered version of Electric Funeral on it.

Here is the MP3 and Album cover: Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral (Remastered)

I ran across this in the search. for a Remastered MP3.

Deluxe Reissues of Black Sabbath’s First Three Albums Planned for 2016

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@jhespada

I looked at the Allman Brothers tunes and saw some of them with the MIDI files like GTLO described. They are computer generated audio files usually 16-Bit. Why anybody would use them is beyond me, maybe they are worried about copyright laws, I think using a Midi audio file is an infringement on copyright laws also anyway. Might as well use the original audio file.

The splitter Ripcord is using is like this:

B000068O53_img1.jpg

6" Kirlin Mono 1/4" Male to Dual Mono 1/4" Female Audio Y-Splitter Cable Adapter

The splitter I am using is one like this

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mNfUFaYXW1UUGz7UxiAy8bg.jpg

Mono 6.35mm 1/4" Splitter 1 Male Plug to 2 Female Jack Audio Y Adapter 

Later, Terry