New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@

I agree, but all in all I am happy with the new platform, the Non-Stop play changes are really nice, as for the tone work, well, I guess you all know how I feel about that hehe. Bass always gets the shaft , 

Keep those amazing songs coming kid, and don't let the hacks and freeloaders bust your stones about anything you do. Your work is fantastic. And keeps me smiling on a regular basis. 

JB

ps: got a chuckle from your Spector reference, and I agree, world class schmuck...

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I am still here, And still hammering away at some Steppenwolf customs. Bass paths are the biggest problem on getting them completed. The tunes I have got in the works are:

Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride - Bass Path Work still being a beast. I recently got a higher def. sound track for it, and can hear the Bass alot better now, but the tune is really a monster to chart the Bass Path. 

Steppenwolf - Sookie Sookie - Bass Path Work, Looking good so far almost finished.

Steppenwolf - Desperation - Bass Path Work, Looking good so far almost finished.

And got board of Steppenwolf and stared on Foghat's - I Just Want To Make Love To You. - Bass Path Work, Looking good so far almost finished.

I liked Steve's @manchot66 Foghat - Fool For The City, will try the Guitar tones from that one, for this Foghat's - I Just Want To Make Love To You, for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Looks like the Cubs are hanging in there, I haven't been watching all the games but my Wife has, and she's rooting for the Cubs to win. My Wife is originally from Decatur, IL. I am still rooting for the Cubs to win also, best of luck to them tomorrow, in the final game of the World Series.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hey all,

I got banned for posting my version of Free's All Right Now here.  I forgot that you weren't supposed to do that, so I got sent to the pokey.  I've been working on the chain gang for the last week.  I can't stop yelling, "Takin' it off here, boss" and playing Plastic Jesus on my guitar.  Some guy just bet me I can't eat fifty eggs.

@@jbroch

I really like the ESP.  That body shape is awesome.  Always love new gear day.

This just came in the mail today to add some nasty 80's distortion.  Going to hook it up now:

http://imgur.com/97zyTYS.png

@@avdocatwork

The Cubs are gonna have a tough one tonight.  I'm a White Sox fan, so it is my duty to hate the Cubs.  I'm hoping for an Indians win and with Kluber on the mound, there's a good chance they will get it.  Thanks for the sentiment, though. 

• Like 2

Well, I did it again, added another Bass to the collection and this one was not only an incredible steal it is AMAZING... Anyway here is my first recording on it , Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla on my ESP - LTD - AX-104

https://youtu.be/eAMhjzRuAc4

• Like 2

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

Awesome Bass and Awesome play through on B.O.C.'s Godzilla, I have always Loved that song. Very impressed here for sure. You make playin' the Bass look so easy, I'm jealous for sure, one good thing about seeing you play, it makes me pick up my Bass and put some practice on it.

I have two or three new classic rock tunes almost compleated, and the Bass lines are super easy to play. With my poor Bass skills, if I think they are super easy looking, I'm sure for you they will be a breeze for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have been looking at the new upgraded CustomsForge's Ignition search section, and I'm pissed! Even more bypass of the Charters information and less recognition for the Charters hard work, with there download shortcuts. I use to like to share the Customs I put togeather, not anymore with the general public, for sure.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

I have been looking at the new upgraded CustomsForge's Ignition search section, and I'm pissed! Even more bypass of the Charters information and less recognition for the Charters hard work, with there download shortcuts. I use to like to share the Customs I put togeather, not anymore with the general public, for sure.

Later, Terry

Not sure what you are meaning, the only public display of FUSE shows a "like" counter (named votes presently) and has the option to subscribe to a user to get notified of any new releases.

Both tools included with the intent of making it easier to find work by charters you (or other users) think produce quality work. The charters name is still there, if you want it to be, just as it's always been in the search results.

• Administrator

Adding to that.

Current ignition has the same fast download button. 
Nothing has changed in that regard. You can still click the record and you'll get a screen with all the author information. Furthermore we'll be giving authors more options for that. The ability to add info for all arrangements of your CDLC. So if the bass is in a different tuning you can now easily specify that.

• Like 1

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

Awesome Bass and Awesome play through on B.O.C.'s Godzilla, I have always Loved that song. Very impressed here for sure. You make playin' the Bass look so easy, I'm jealous for sure, one good thing about seeing you play, it makes me pick up my Bass and put some practice on it.

I have two or three new classic rock tunes almost compleated, and the Bass lines are super easy to play. With my poor Bass skills, if I think they are super easy looking, I'm sure for you they will be a breeze for sure.

Later, Terry

@manchot66  @avdocatwork

Thanks Guys!! 

I am often blown away when you comment on my playing. Playing these songs using RS is probably the only hope I have of practicing, my eyesight is shit and using a Tab player like GP, or Go play along , its just to small on the screens for me to see.  I had a very humbling experience recently, my video play through on YouTube have hit the 30,000 mark, something I would never have expected and just really blows me away. 

Yesterday I liked a post on Aaron Emerson's Facebook page, Keith Emerson's son. He then sent me an invite to like his page. I know that may sound rather Fanboyish but I was pretty blown away... 

Also people are starting to send me BandHub invites to play bass on their projects. As well as a few Local friends with bands around here have started poking around to see if I'm interested in sitting in with them on a few jams. 

That last part is so hard for me, for a few reasons, 1, I travel too damn much to be a really solid resource for a working band... 2, I do Playthroughs, this may shock you but a great many of those 189 or so videos I have are 1 or 2 play then record... So I would need to be able to set aside blocks or serious time to memorize them , perfect that then go practice live with the guys, and well you see where all that goes... But none the less it does make me feel rather funny and happy that my shitty efforts make others interested in these amazing songs.  

Keep the faith brothers and sisters and keep charting those amazing classic tracks so I can keep having a warm heart!!! Looking forward to all that is to come!! 

Jerry

• Like 4

• Administrator

@ Trust me we would like CF to be stable even more than you do! But it's hard and it's a full time job which no-one is paid for so it's not always 100% perfect, but we try to...

We know stability is a big issue and we also experience it everyday too. it's the Remastered that brought a lot of new user (and probably some older one too) which leads to this, the community is growing and the server needs to grow along side but it's not as easy as it seems to...

We know there's issue, we're working on it as hard as we can but it takes times and money. Time is very limited and i can't thank enough those who donate to allow this to keep living, it would just be dead without it...

We feel the same way all of you do and we also have to deal with all the love AND hate that it brings and we try to make everything better, we really do! But it's invisible to outsiders and Unleashed2K is probably the most impacted by all of this in every way.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

CRC members,

Are the staffers commenting in our post members of the CRC or are they listening to our conversations and then interjecting?  I'm not comfortable having a casual, what I think is a semi-private conversation, being gone over by people that the message was not intended for AND THEN HAVING THEM REPLY.

Plus, it takes 20 minutes and 10 refreshes just to post a message.  This site has become a semi-disaster due to speed.  No offense to the people who work hard, I'm sure it's not their fault.

I won't be posting here anymore.  If anyone wants to keep up with me, I'm Steve Krueger in Oak Lawn, IL on Facebook. 

Later all.

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@manchot66 You are still using our forum that is subject to our rule so we need to also monitor it like any other part of the forum, that is true for any site you visite, there's nothing private to the mod/admin ever.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@manchot66 You are still using our forum that is subject to our rule so we need to also monitor it like any other part of the forum, that is true for any site you visite, there's nothing private to the mod/admin ever.

No one asked for your opinion.  Avdocatwork's post was meant for the people who are members of this group.  If you're not  a member than PM him with your opinions.  All you're doing is pissing people off on a site that must collect money to stay in business.  In other words, unless someone sends you a PM or invites you into this group, then shut the fuck up with your opinion.  Sinon, tais toi.

To answer the questions previously (FYI - it's not butting in with an opinion when answering a question), we have the technical ability to monitor PM's, but we don't actively do so.  

PM's are passively monitored by the server and we are alerted to any keywords they contain - generally to do with piracy.

If you want a truly "private" conversation from the admins of the web site you are using, good luck. No such thing exists anywhere on the internet.

What I would suggest however, is if you want to have a discussion, without any staff from CF being able to see it (even theoretically) at all - start your own invite only discord server. It's arguably a better medium for general chit chat anyway.

As for why we popped up here in the first place, like every member we can see from the forum list what threads have recently had activity. Sometimes we actually click on them to see if there is anything interesting going on.

I saw a post that didn't make sense to me - so responded to it.

@ - I totally agree, a genre sort / filter is desperately needed. I've asked for it many times - but shoehorning functionality into something with limited dev time isn't always the easiest thing to do - hence we suggested using the tags as a way to get a similar function, even if it wasn't with the same neatness we'd ideally want.

Hi, Guys

Oh wow, looks like my comment stirred up some problems, unfortunately. I was just saying I was pissed about having a hard time getting to the download page of the customs to read the charters info about there custom on there page. The moved link to go to the download page is just a bit harder to find at the bottom of the pop-up window. I didn't mean anything like hard feelings to start happening. When I download a custom to play, I always have gone to the Charters download page to see what they say about there making of the custom if they include it. Beleive me I had no intention to start any trouble.

Later, Terry

• Like 4

I think what firekorn said was pretty clear - we're here to monitor all forums. When someone (more specifically in this forum) asks a simple question that someone such as an Admin/Mod can answer, I think its appropriate for them to clear confusion and add a sense of direction in a conversation, instead of people just coming up with more questions and 'what if'-ing everything.

@ I'm sure you've repeatedly said you were never coming back to this site. And here you still are. And surely if you see this, and get butt-hurt over it, we'll its your own fault for not 'not ever coming back'. 

I'm a rather neutral mod - never having a problem with anyone yet, and I don't intend to, but ya'll can't just disrespect other Admins/Mods for trying to help you guys clarify something, regardless of the forum.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

why suddenly mods and admins writing here, it's a members only corner, protected forum? Just can't get it, there was no reason for any meddling. Only thing they reached was making our stateroom unprivate and provoke the members. I understand that they have to monitor the whole forum, but if there isn't any reason and nobody contravened against the board rules, they should keep out if thei're no members. Agree absolutely with @@manchot66

edit - nothing against almost all of you mods and admins, but this was just unappropriate

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

For my part, I feel as though everyone has voiced very legitimate concerns, although in some cases, in entirely the wrong way/tone. 

I've included the following in this forum, rather than a PM to site leadership, because I thought it best to speak to everyone at once. Though this is a "private forum," this will be seen be nearly everyone who has a vested interest in these matters.

I think we could all benefit from some re-enforcement of the fact this is first and foremost a community. And that should be of paramount importance to everyone - including mods, admins, and contributors. 

To me, this means that there should be a shared or common reverence for the contributions of time and talent made by each group. The fact is, that's just not happening the way it used to. And that's a huge problem. We're doing a really shitty job of making either group feel appreciated, and it's been this way for a long time.

Lets not fool ourselves by thinking that this community would be the relative "success" that it is without the CDLCs that charters work so hard to create. But conversely, we can't downplay the roles/efforts of the mods/admins who keep this site running and moving forward.

I am truly sorry, but I can't shake the feeling that the mods/admins are completely okay with the levels of disunity, distrust, and complete lack of transparency (regarding both finances and development work) that both sides have shown, as long as the donations keep rolling in. As this rift widens, the hateful and snarky posts will become more frequent and more good people will leave. These sentiments seem to be shared among more than a few longtime contributors and community members.

People that have donated their time and/or money have a fundamental right to know where their money is going, and should have some insight as to the direction of future development. While the community leadership is under no obligation to do these things, and that this is not a democracy, but it's just the right thing to do IMO.

Conversely, we really need to be courteous to one another. I know as well as anyone that it's not always easy, and I've fallen short of this on a few occasions myself. But it's god damn important.

The fact is, people won't be resentful if they feel appreciated. And right now, it seems like no one feels appreciated. That needs to change - and I mean now.

Sorry for the long post, and hijacking the CRC community forum - really, I am. If any admins/mods would like to have a civilized discussion with me about any of these matters, then I would welcome a PM discussion. Hopefully this thread can return soon to what is was.

I really want to make this a better place for everyone, and we can do a hell of a lot better than all this if we collectively come down from our ivory towers, recognize each other's contributions, say thanks once in a while, and let our collective E major chords ring out in unison to the rock gods!

• Like 7

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Trying to finish my latest song but i've run into a snag... anyone know why I can't select notes that are in between beat markers? It just jumps to the closest beat marker if I try to highlight a note in between the beat markers.. I can't even highlight notes in between beat markers.  Not sure what I accidently pushed. But I can't finish this song until I fix it.

• Like 1