New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@avdocatwork

The people who complain about tone volume always think the song should sound good for them and nobody else.  When I get a tone volume complaint, I like to list all the elements that go into the volume, i.e. guitar, pickups, pots, sound card, computer, cables, headphones, etc. and then ask them if I should adjust it so it sounds like shit on my set up and good on theirs.  Such an easy fix to roll off the volume knob if too loud or distorted or to adjust in game.  Whiners.

• Like 1

@

Hi, Lacey

I saw what I did wrong with not being able to see the M.E. Tune, and it not showing up in the play list. I downloaded it more than once and transferred the second copy that was assigned a (1), which was added to the customs name. I used the download without the (1) in it , now it's showing up again and I played it a few more times.

Later, Terry

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

about tones or just volumes, it's the easiest thing for everyone to fix it by himself with just import the psarc in the toolkit, adjust volumes or even import another tone and click create. If I'm happy with the tones in one my customs I'll just suggest this in the future if anyone complains about that.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hi, Guys

EDIT:   Here is an updated version of Steppenwolf's - Magic Carpet Ride V3.1 L, BL, R, B & V

I still have a lot of work to do on the Bass Path - you will see a long part missing during the keyboard solo ect. But I think it's starting to look pretty good. The Bass line has been really though to get charted this far, All you Bass players out there let me know, if I'm on the right track with this tough Bass line, so far. Guitar Paths are super fast with lot's of chord string mutes in between chord changes, I have been making 60-70% on them, but I am no where close to figuring out the strumming patterns yet on the Paths.

I also need to find some good Steppenwolf Guitar tones, If anyone has the Born to be wild guitar tones let me know. I will try to add them in this custom. And if anyone runs across the Bass sheet music for Magic Carpet Ride, let me know also.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Great pics!  Were those scare crow grapes on the deck?  I was on an old carrier on the east coast as a kid, can't remember which ship, and I remember being amazed at the sheer size of the thing.  It's even more amazing when you go below deck and see this giant area where the planes get worked on.  I also remember very narrow hallways.   I never got to ask what you were when you were on deck.  Were you a grape, a lemon, a lime?

• Like 1

@

Thanks, Lacey

I included your Bass tone to the V 3.1, that I am going to try out now. Added DD, and Sections for Riff Repeater also added some notes in Lead Path, and Tone Changes.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Here is an updated version of Steppenwolf's - Magic Carpet Ride V3.1 L, BL, R, B & V

Lead and Bonus Lead have tone changes now. Also added more lead note sections. I added LaceyB's Bass tone, might have to add a little volume to it. All I have left is to complete the Bass Path section during the keyboard and Guitar solo. I still have a lot of work to do on the Bass Path - you will still see a long part missing during the keyboard solo ect. 

I am starting to catch on to the strumming pattern a little better after 10 or so play throughs. Some what near matching it, but I figure I still have a long way to go to make the smooth transitions.

Later, Terry

@@Aludog

Thanks, Aludog

I have been using the following Bass Tab for what I got on the Bass Path so far, along with free handing the notes to what I hear in the tune.  Link: Bass Tab Tried to start on the Bass section during the solo a few times, but as you say it is pretty hard to hear, and the tab is not very close to what I seem to hear.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Here is an updated version of Steppenwolf's - Magic Carpet Ride V3.2 L, BL, R, B & V

Tightened up the sync on the Bass Path and started to add sections during the Solo's. Real hard to chart the Bass line. If I can pull off a decent Bass Path to this tune, I will be amazed for sure.

I am also about to finish Steppenwolf's Sookie, Sookie. The Bass Path was a breeze to get charted. I think all the Bass players will really like this one for sure, It really looks good to me. But of course I am defiantly not proficient on the Bass or really on the 6-string Guitar either for sure, But I try.

Later, Terry

@@manchot66

Thanks, Steve

All the Guitar effects in the beginning, I thought I would use a lower Guitar Volume to see if it would fit with the Fuzz and distortion added. Everything about this custom, I knew was going to be tough to get charted. I am still hammering away at trying to get it in decent shape. I am trying to get Sookie, sookie packed up today, for a first try. I am glad the Bass line is not as difficult as Magic Carpet Ride's is.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I played the first version of Steppenwolf's Sookie, Sookie, that I have been working on, and it's coming together nicely, so far. Had to work on the Bass Path to get the key change in the right place. The Steppenwolf Guitar tones are pretty nice sounding to me. Used the tones from Magic Carpet Ride - But not the Fuzz-Distortion one. Still have work to do on Magic Carpet Ride's Bass Path during the Keyboard solo and Guitar effects - long section - It's a real monster charting feat, for sure. Hope everyone out there are doing well, have hit a real problem here, lost my job after 21 and a half years here in Dallas, TX. Starting the unemployment benefits to get by. A new ass-hole guy got in charge of my department and messing everything up for everybody. Well glad to get away from the pressure and B.S., I feel at ease now, without the problems there. Time to find a job I like, without the pressure and nut-cases around the joint.

Later, Terry

@@A51Ripcord

Thanks, Will

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat as I'm in. I have never collected unemployment benefits before, I think I am due to take it easy for a while and get some benefits for once in my life.

@@manchot66

Thanks, Steve

I knew the trouble was coming and I was counting the days before I was let go. And it's true when a jerk worm's his way into a position and is just awful to the long-timers. Is a sicking thing for sure. And that's what that company turned into. Glad to be away from it for sure.

My plan is to collect Unemployment for a while and have fun Charting tunes and playing RockSmith ! Which I would rather do, for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

On a lighter note, I really like the updates in the Remastered version.  You can permanently turn of DD.  And navigating RR is much easier.  And finally, you can tell if a song has bonus tracks without actually clicking on it. 

• Like 2

Hey Terry, Yea I am loosing my marbles...

Sorry to hear this man, but sounds like you have your head tuned up properly about it all. Take a breather, enjoy your break, enjoy your family!  

Been on that road a few times myself only loyalty companies have is to their profits. 

Best

Jerry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have an updated version of Steppenwolf's Sookie, Sookie,

Steppenwolf - Sookie Sookie V3.5 -4.0 -24 -22 -21 -18.5  L, BL, R, B & V

I have caught on to the strumming pattern to the Guitar Paths pretty decent. I still need to clean up the Lead and Rhythm Paths and change some chord sections, The Bass Path is pretty easy and getting close to finishing, I think there is a small section in the middle of the tune at the key change, higher on the neck that needs fixing up.

Later, Terry

@

Thanks, Lacey

It is different from the Powertab file I have been working with to chart it. And it is a lot closer to the Sheet Music files, I have for the tune, that I got from you and @@Aludog, but this TabPro - GP5 file just has the 6-string Guitar tracks. A shame no bass line on this one either. I did see a decent Steppenwolf "Hey Lawdy Mama" Bass Cover on YouTube. I remember @@manchot66, Steve charting a few Bass lines from a YouTube Bass cover, in the past. I might give it a try maybe I might be able to come up with a decent Bass line - hopefully.

Later, Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone doing Ok??? Too quiet around here! 

Looks like RS finally added Prog, the Yes DLC charting is ok but the tones on the bass suck :( 

Seems the went with super distortion to try and mimic the Ricky sound, poor choice... 

Hope you are all well...

JB

• Like 1

Everyone doing Ok??? Too quiet around here! 

Looks like RS finally added Prog, the Yes DLC charting is ok but the tones on the bass suck :(

Seems the went with super distortion to try and mimic the Ricky sound, poor choice... 

Hope you are all well...

JB

I remember how hard I worked to get a good tone for my Yes and Chris Squire customs. It's not easy because he was using two amps at the same time: One clean bass amp and an overdriven guitar amp, so he got definition and growl. RS is limited in that regard, so it's always a compromise but I think I managed to get it pretty close both times. You can try using either of those for the official customs. I know I will once I actually play them. :D

• Like 2