New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@

Hi, Byecal - Can I call you Lacey?

I will take a look at your custom and see if I can help with the problem with the chords not showing up right. I am working on two Steppenwolf Customs now and neither have Bass lines in all the GP or Power-tab files, I have found. Would you happen to have any Bass Music books in PDF format? I have a few if you want me to get them to you. The Steppenwolf tunes I am working on are Magic Carpet Ride and Hey Lawdy Mama. I have the Lead Paths, Rhythm Paths, and a Bonus Lead Paths on both, charted already and looking real good so far, but sadly no Bass. Well anyway, will try to check out your Custom soon and see if I can help any.

Later, Terry

@

Thank you so much, Lacey.

That image of the sheet music for Magic Carpet Ride is going to help me touching up the lead path immensely. @@Aludog has the sheet music to a lot of Steppenwolf tunes he is going to scan for me in the near future, I think with your resources and his I should be able to get a really nice 3-pack of Steppenwolf Customs posted to CF in the near future.

Link to Bass Resources Will be another 15 minuets before it's all uploaded. I think @@jbroch, Jerry would like to check theses out also and @@Tank-OR Shawn Too. I have the download of the Melissa Etheridge custom and going to check it out now. Just finished up syncing up Hey Lawdy Mama, if you have anything for it I sure would like to have more resources for it also.

Later, Terry

@

Hi, Lacey

I have the same Beatles Guitar books in PDF, and have been meaning to do some more great Beatles Customs, Maybe working together, and make a 6-pack 3 for you and 3 for me to post to CF. I just played the Lead and Rhythm paths on the Melissa Etheridge custom. I see what the guy is talking about, a lot of the chords are not showing up correctly, more so on the Rhythm path but also showing up on the Lead Path but not as bad. I will try to set up the notes.eof and guitar.ogg tomorrow and see if I can get it to play - never have done something like it before setting that combo in EOF yet. Will let you know if I run into problems setting it up tomorrow.

Later, Terry

@

Awesome, Lacey

I got and added all the Bass resources to my collection. Thanks so much, I have been struggling getting Bass paths added to all my Customs. But the journey has been improving my Bass skills, for sure. Hopefully in the near future I will learn to thump the Bass with just my fingers and put down the pick I always us now.

Later, Terry

@@Aludog

Sorry Man, I didn't even see it until now. I played around with "The Pusher" and checked out the available GP and Power-tab files, and have found out they are awful, and junk pretty much a waste of time messing with them. I remember you wanted to give that one a try to chart. Thanks, Dude for the music sheets they look awesome and will put me on the right track to put out some awesome Steppenwolf Customs. I am so lucky to be here at the CRC with all you guy's and trading information. Without all the help I would still be making crappy customs like when I first started out at Smithy Anvil.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Well guys, Texas was in my rear view Friday the 19th. Terry, Im sorry that I hadn't come by to see you and Lisa before we left. Work kept us busy until the last minute. Manchot, Im about 60-70 miles north of you. Maybe one of these day I can make the trip down there. Weather in Wisconsin is very nice compared to Texas. Its good to be settled and up and running. Was jonesing for my bass for 8 days and played the hell out of it yesterday. Now my index finger is blistered and killing me. LOL Time to get back to work.

Hi, Tank

Sure going to miss you guys here in Texas. Lisa and Michelle, me and you, Shawn were just getting to know each other. And you run off to the great white north. How's things going? I know you were super busy packing up for the big move, and we didn't have a chance to get together again and Jam on Guitars. Maybe some day in the future all of us will be able to play our Customs online where ever we are.

Later, Terry

@Crossbolt242

Hi, Rick

Hope everything is going well for you and your family, things here in Texas are starting to improve, and I finally am getting things fixed and doing the wife's honey-do list. But the problem is I have a bigger list than her's to try to accomplish also. As I have said before no rest for the weary. But I did fix the daughters car this morning.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Terry,

Things are going well in the state north of Chicago. 3 weeks off from work is wearing thin but I'm starting back Monday morning. No more graveyard shift. Going to feel like a real person for a change. I've picked up EOF and have been helping Lacey out doing QC on a few of her tunes. The weather is nice up here man, woke up this morning to a blistering 69 degrees. Windows open, no a/c running. Michelle has family scattered from Frisco to Keller so when we visit I will most definitely bring the bass and the beer. Tell Lisa we said "hello"

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

My Nephew CRC member chrixlanier from around L. A. California had a filming job close by in Ft. Worth stoped by here last Sunday, we played some RockSmith @@fripponomic Tino's - Time Warp and a bunch of my ZZ Top tunes and some others. I can tell he has been practicing, his Guitar skills have improved immensely, since the last time we played Guitar together.

Only two Steppenwolf tunes available on CustomsForge - An Official Born To Be Wild and 1 custom Desperation, only lead, bass & Vocals and there's 3 guitar players in the Band I'm pretty sure. The Customs by Steppenwolf I have been working on so far are:

Steppenwolf - Hey Lawdy Mama

Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride

Steppenwolf - Rock Me

Steppenwolf - Sookie Sookie

The only problem I'm running into is no Bass lines in the GuitarPro or PowerTab files. @Byecal Lacey and @@Aludog have been helping me locate resources for the Guitar and Bass Paths, Thanks Guys! And I have been finding some Bass tabs that might help also. If anybody else has information for the Bass Path's let me know, Thanks

I have three Guitar tracks on each of the song's charted and synced (pretty much), started on the Vocal paths, want to finish them before tackling the Bass Paths.

Got the Hot Water Heater in and working and one car fixed, only 2 more cars to fix and then I will have more time for Rocksmith and Guitar Playin'.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@

Hi, Lacey

Had a chance to look over the Beatles Bass Song books, most excellent, I have both of the Guitar books that go along with them. All the resources will help me chart some excellent Beatles Customs in the near future. I also bought the CD set's for them also.

Please post a link for the complete file for the Melissa Etheridge Custom. I am not used to just setting up a .ogg and a note.eof file to check them out in EOF. If I do figure it out, I will post at the new tutorial section here at the CRC that has nothing there yet, but a post by @@Tank-OR.

Later, Terry

@

Hi, Lccey

Had a chance to look over the Beatles Bass Song books, most excellent, I have both of the Guitar books that go along with them. All the resources will help me chart some excellent Beatles Customs in the near future. I also bought the CD set's for them also.

Please post a link for the complete file for the Melissa Etheridge Custom. I am not used to just setting up a .ogg and a note.eof file to check them out in EOF. If I do figure it out, I will post at the new tutorial section here at the CRC that has nothing there yet, but a post by @@Tank-OR.

Later, Terry

I'll be happy to provide the other files, but they really aren't necessary. The moment you load the notes.eof file into EOF and then save, the other files (the XMLs) are created by EOF automatically. 

Here they are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Jas3sMyFUbRTZXMEJSX1hVc2c

By the way, I've completed Girl by the Beatles and will probably post it on Friday, if not sooner. Not sure I'll be doing any more Beatles, unless it is multitrack versions of songs that have already been posted here. (I love me some multitracks!)

I can set up some multitrack WAVs for some of the Beatles tunes, and post my tutorial on how I make them, if you'll let me know which Beatles tunes you might be interested in do that with. They have to be songs that were either in Beatles Rock Band or were DLC, because that's were the multitracks came from. But I understand if multitracks don't excite you. Most charters seem to avoid them. :)

@

Lacey, It does help to include the artwork. Seems to look more complete for testing purposes in RS.

@@avdocatwork

Terry, she is correct about only needing the note.eof and guitar.ogg. Just load the the tune in EOF and it will do all the work for you when saving. Also makes the file size extremely small

• Like 1

@

Hi, Lacey

Got it loaded up and the first wrong thing I see is the staff lines don't start until almost 4 seconds into the song, something to do with BPM maybe, never seen it like that before. Do you have a certain BPM set up for it or can I try to change it?

Edit: - The first beat marker wasn't in it's proper place at the beginning of the chart, for some reason, when I loaded it up

Later, Terry

@@Tank-OR

Hi, Tank

Had a problem trying to get it into EOF by just the .ogg and notes.eof didn't work for me. Never done it that way before.

Later, Terry

Just go to the File menu in EOF and choose Load. Then find my notes.eof. If the guitar.ogg is in the same directory, EOF will automatically use it.   :)

@@avdocatwork

Sorry Terry, I gave you a BAD example. Yeah, what Lacey said.... LOL

• Like 1

@ @@Tank-OR

Hi, Lacey & Tank

Please don't get me into a big detailed BPM set up on this custom, I am really bad at setting it up correctly or professionally. I set all mine at 120.00 BPM. @@manchot66, Steve knows a Hell of a lot more than me about that BPM section in EOF - I take the easy way, Just To Get Er' Done.

Later, Terry

@

Hi, Lacey

Haven't messed with Go Play-along or Tookit's XLM to Gp5 functions, saw them but never had a reason to really use them. I can have that ME tune set up the way I chart pretty quick and try it out, to see if the chords show up right, will figure out the ogg and notes file load up, to see if the sustains show up in it, also. - This stuff will make me a better charter - hopefully :D 

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Look at what I got set up at the Classic Rock Coalition Works In Progress section in my spot. If any full members want to include there WIP's jump in there, update or create your own spot there if you don't already have one. It's basically there for Guests to look at, and see what customs will or might show up at CustomsForge in the near future, from the Classic Rock Coalition. I put links to the videos so I will already have the video link when I post and make the download page.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

I got a P. M. from a new guy at CF and Rocksmith, he says:

Not sure what it is but in every song I downloaded of your I have to almost cut my volume knob on my guitars all the way down. How can I adjust the volume of your tones so they are more like the normal songs that come with Rocksmith?

Thanks

Frenzy

I replied:

Hi, FrenzyFire

You need to check your volume settings in the rocksmith game you may have them adjusted different, or higher than normal. - set them back to default. You are the first to say this. I do like to make my customs loud, that's what rock and roll is all about. I do have a lot of friends and members at the Classic Rock Coalition that say the audio levels are great on there set up's, before I post them to CustomsForge. Thanks for taking a look and spending your time checking out some of my customs, I have been having fun playing them.

Later, avdocatwork

@

Hi, Lacey

I just fixed a buddy's guitar and  downloaded the new M. E. Tune to try it out but it did"t show up for some reason, in my file, and  didn't show up in rocksmith. I figure I've got to be something wrong. I have seen it before and played it before, don't know why it's not showing up know.

Later, Terry