New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

once I had a CB fuzz wah, that was great. Then I lent it to a friend for a longer time and he managed to break it somehow :(

Now I only have my old Boss GT3 with integrated wah/expression ped, not bad anyway, but not comparable with an original CB.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Amp has poor reverb so I picked up one of these.  Enjoying this little guy.  It used up one 9v battery in one night so I ordered a cheap brick power supply.  Thing even has wi-fi.  Now the wah wah sounds even more evil.

http://imgur.com/xuF3JCT.png

• Like 1

Well guys, Texas was in my rear view Friday the 19th. Terry, Im sorry that I hadn't come by to see you and Lisa before we left. Work kept us busy until the last minute. Manchot, Im about 60-70 miles north of you. Maybe one of these day I can make the trip down there. Weather in Wisconsin is very nice compared to Texas. Its good to be settled and up and running. Was jonesing for my bass for 8 days and played the hell out of it yesterday. Now my index finger is blistered and killing me. LOL Time to get back to work.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I think this might be of interest to you as well.

In an effort to bring some order to my songbook chaos and help me figure out what Blues songs I actually have tabs for and how many of those I can still use because there's no ODLC or CDLC for the songs, I created a database of all relevant songbooks. Turns out I've collected quite a bit over the years (some bought, some borrowed and scanned, some found online, etc.); so many in fact that I would never be able to use them all by myself anyway, so I figured I could share them with you.

Like I said, it's mainly Blues but the genre can be stretched quite a lot, so not everything is strictly Blues. I'm still adding a few things here and there and I try to stay on top of the status entries to make it easy to see what has been done and what hasn't. Everything can be filtered and sorted, so you shouldn't have any issues finding something specific. Also, if you have any songbooks that could be of use and are not on my list, I wouldn't mind adding them to my collection if you were willing to share. ;)

Anyway, I hope this is of use to some of you and if it brings more Blues into the game than it was worth the effort.

Blues Tab Database

• Like 2

@@Tank-OR

Welcome to the muggy midwest.  You now must choose if you are a Bears fan or Packers fan.  (Hint: choose Packers and live without frustration)

@@Aludog

Great spreadsheet.  I'd love to do some blues songs.  I've been listening to a lot of Joe Bonamassa lately, so I'm all fired up.  I'd love to knock off a bunch of the "standards" if I have the time.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Well, what a week, feels like I traveled around the world. I spent 5 days in San Diego and then 3 days getting the youngest daughter too and set up at college. Everything went pretty smooth, no major disasters. I was on the go so much I didn't have time to post any pics. will try to get some up here soon. Looking forward to the 3-day weekend coming up (Labor Day weekend) here in the U.S., but I am pretty sure I will most likely be on the go visiting family. No rest for the weary for sure.

​So glad to be back and plan on picking up the Guitar again, and try to get those 3 ZZ Top customs completed and posted some day.

Hope everybody out there are OK and doing fine.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@Aludog

Love your Blues Tab Database List. So organized and easy to search and look through, Great Job on it Buddy! I will defiantly be contacting you for some resources in the future.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@Aludog

Going to go over the Joe Bonamassa collection and see what I can knock out.

Some great videos here of Bonamassa's new album 'Live from the Greek Theater' in Los Angeles. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+bonamassa+greek+theater

These are all songbook tabs. The whole point was to get those sorted out and to make them available as well. :)
  • Like 1

@@Aludog

Hi, Aludog

Only two Steppenwolf songs in the CF Database what a shame, I have always wanted to try my hand at charting some of there tunes. I saw on your Aludog's Blues Tab Database lots of Steppenwolf. Could I get the following sheet music?

Magic Carpet Ride (Might be impossible or super hard to chart with all the keyboard and effects)
Rock Me
The Pusher
Hey Lawdy Mama

No rush, whenever you get a chance.

Later, Terry
  • Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I got some of the USS Midway Pic's from my trip, up on my Google Drive. Not many yet but will be adding more when I get a chance over the next few days. If anyone wants to take a look at an old Aircraft Carrier that I was stationed on in the late 70's (Now a Museum Ship in San Diego, CA.) here is a link to the Pic's -Terry's USS Midway Pic's

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@Aludog

Hi, Aludog

Only two Steppenwolf songs in the CF Database what a shame, I have always wanted to try my hand at charting some of there tunes. I saw on your Aludog's Blues Tab Database lots of Steppenwolf. Could I get the following sheet music?

Magic Carpet Ride (Might be impossible or super hard to chart with all the keyboard and effects)

Rock Me

The Pusher

Hey Lawdy Mama

No rush, whenever you get a chance.

Later, Terry

Yeah, Steppenwolf is really underrepresented here, so I'll gladly send you some tabs. If you don't mind then I'll keep The Pusher for myself because I love that song and it's still on my list. :)

Btw, personally I wouldn't chart the intro of Magic Carpet Ride because it's probably impossible to make it sound good in RS but they actually tabbed it out, so it's up to you. :)

It will take a bit because I have to scan the tabs first. There's a few songbooks I haven't digitized yet.

Also, there just guitar tabs, so you need to find some bass tabs for them or I can help you out as well, when I find the time. Just let me know.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Aludog, that's a lot of stuff  :D  great thing

I even have finished this

The Time Warp, a real classic

the synchronisation was a nightmare, but in the end it's a total pleasure to play.

All paths available, difficulty levels are 

Lead 5 (int)

Rhythm 4 (int)

Bass 7 (adv)

they're a little bit high since the speed of the song of 180 bpm

it's already finished, but never too late for improvements.

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hi, Guys

I think I have the third ZZ Top tune Complete finally. I worked very hard on it trying to get it correct. It's not an easy tune to play, at least for me for sure. I hope it lined up correctly been having PC problems after trying to update the Windows Version to Windows 10 unsuccessfully on this PC. I will be giving it a try later on today. Here is a link if anyone wants to check it out:

ZZ Top - Backdoor Love Affair - 1971 Ver. 3.5 L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Sorry to hear your PC is acting up. I tried to put Win 10 on this one and it kicked out all my custom building tools, hopefully I can find the newest versions and get them set up again.

Watching a show about the Allman Brothers Band all about there history.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

I finally got to hook up my guitar and play some Rocksmith Customs, after like 3 weeks. Played my ZZ Top Backdoor Love Affair remake. And the Lead and Rhythm paths are sounding sweet and looks lined up right also. So glad to be done with the updated version. Had to repack it because the Lead Path didn't show up on the last download post, but got that straightened up now. Going to play Fripp's The Time Warp Now. @@fripponomic

Here is a link to the completed version:

ZZ Top - Backdoor Love Affair - 1971 Ver. 3.5 L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 3

@@fripponomic

Hi, Fripp

Played your Time Warp, and you did a great job on the Lead and Rhythm paths. Had a blast playing it. Got a 75 on the lead after two tries and a 73 on the Rhythm after 1 try so it's not super difficult, really brings back memories of wild and crazy times. The wife came in while I was playing it and started singing it and doing the dance also. I was laughing and playing this tune at the same time. Thanks so much for your hard work putting this great Custom together.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Took new Jackson in to local guitar shop to get intonation, string height, truss rod, etc. set up properly.  Guy charged me $5, gave him $20.  So, now I am ready to rock in key.

Will test ZZ and Time Warp tonight.

Working on simplified versions of Sabbath's Paranoid and War Pigs for myself, just lead and rhythm.  Doing them all with the fingering Iommi uses (he loves his power chords on the E string, no matter how low on the neck).  Will share with you guys when I'm done.

Have a great weekend all!

• Like 2

@@fripponomic

Played lead and rhythm for Time Warp.  Great tone and sync.  Plays very well.  Tone volume a little low on my set up.

@@avdocatwork

Don't know if it's a problem on my end, but there's no lead path showing up for me in RS.  Played rhythm.  Everything looks good but chord panes toward end of song kind of get jumbled up.  Speeding up a bit might help that.  Great song.

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, steve

I'll recheck the ZZ Top Lead part. The first post of it the lead path didn't show up for me either, I repacked the tune and played it again and the lead path was there. I did change it out on the google drive with the link on the second post, will recheck the new link to make sure the lead path shows up. Glad to hear you got your Jackson set up and now your having fun playin' it. I just spent the last few hours helping to change out our busted hot water heater, a week of cold showers was quite invigorating for sure. And sure am glad it's not in the middle of winter.

Update: Checked for lead path on ZZ Top's - Backdoor Love affair and it is included at this link.

Later, Terry

• Like 1