New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@Snake3169

Hi, Snake3169

Glad to hear from you, and what Jerry said goes for me too. Welcome to the CRC. If you ever need some feedback on your future customs, just post a link to it here and I for one would be happy to play it and give feedback.

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

wow, and only 10.109,12€  :lol:

amazing

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

what a deal. I should buy it if I win in a lottery

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@@A51Ripcord

Thanks Man!!! Need to pull these round wounds off and get the Pyramid Short Scale Flats I bought for it on. and then of course get used to playing a short scale :) Got some fat fingers here lol... 

I appreciate your thoughts about it, I'm pretty stoked over it ! 

Jerry

• Like 1

Paul's a lefty.  Apparently, he's naturally right-handed, but decided to try lefty when he felt he wasn't making any progress as a righty.  Maybe that's what I need, or maybe I can play upside down or under water.  Anything to help.

• Like 3

Yes it is quite interesting. Something I discovered yesterday about the Hof was that the pick up configurations and the short scale cause a few challenges to a plucker. First challenge I have is my stubby fat fingers, they just fit better in a standard scale fret board and bridge/pickup area, so I need to work on that. And that my brain is telling my fingers to move to a fret that's supposed to be there but is now one fret or a half fret up or down.

Frustrating, but I know with some time playing it that will naturally get better. I notice this same issue , to a lesser degree, when jumping from the Jazz neck on my PJ, to the Full sized Jumbo fret-board of the Pbass.  

About the Pickup placement, notice in the photo where he is picking from, right up over the Neck pickup, and that is pretty significant, as the bridge pickup seems to have the strings almost right on-top of it and they are looser than I am used too, this bass plays more like a six string from a string tension perspective, so when I naturally want to pluck from that bridge location I found i was smashing the sting down onto the pickup and causing it to mute out. most noticeable on the D & G strings, but still there on the A.  So yea, I am finding I will need to probably practice playing this Bass differently than I play the other 2, and more than likely need to play it with a Pick, which makes me very sad... But we will See... Still love it and hope to have years of fun with it. 

Jerry

• Like 3

@@jbroch

I had some similar issues with my new Jackson.  It's my first 25.5" scale guitar after three 24.75" scale.  I didn't think that 3/4" would make a difference, but I kept coming up short on slides and fret hand changes.  Instead of getting frustrated playing songs, I played some of the Guitarcade games to get a feel for the fretboard.  I'm still a little off, but getting more used to it.  It feels less 'crowded' when playing chords, but maybe it's all in my head. 

I hear ya man, and I can say this is most certainly not in my head lol. Caught myself staring at my fret hand thinking WTH ?? Songs I normally hit high 90's getting 70 percent accuracy on.. That led me to looking at what was happening more closely,. I like your solution to the practice angle. I do believe this thing was made to Chord on :) so that will help with hand strain on some of those awkward ones down the road, but yea its like playing a Bass that wants to be a 6 Lol... 

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

Trying to master your version of Sabbath's Evil Woman.  Been working on that solo for a couple days and keep having to un-knot my fingers.  I'm hoping to make a video if I can get anywhere close to hitting that solo.  Honestly, I just love playing power chords through this amp.  It puts a real shit eating grin on my face.

http://imgur.com/nW304yk.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

Well, my journey starts early tomorrow morning 6:30 a.m. Headed to the airport. Arrive in San Diego, CA around noon. Have my ticket to the Steel Beach and Beer Fest party aboard the USS Midway Museum going to hang out with a group of Navy buddies I haven't seen in nearly 40 years. Will post some pics here of the Aircraft Carrier and some of the aircraft. 

Later, Terry

• Like 3

Hello, all,

I actually won something from a Guitar Player give-away.  I enter everything but never expect to win.  It's a kickass echo pedal from Hall and Collins: http://www.hallandcollins.com/

And I need a delay pedal.

@@avdocatwork

I'll take every ship and plane picture possible.  I'm not a pro-war guy, but I love military technology.  Have a blast, San Diego is the best.

• Like 3

@@avdocatwork, even played your Sex Pistols cdlc Anarchy in the UK, also wrote a comment in the record page. I guess you don't follow this page, so let me suggest you two little improvements:

the tuning frequency should be a bit higher, maybe 444hz.

the initial solo slide should be a quick double stop slide B12/13 G13/14 instead E8/12

Otherwise it's a great cdlc.

• Like 1