New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@jbroch

Thanks, Jerry.  That song always makes me feel good for some reason.

@@avdocatwork

Hey, Terry.  After hours of fiddling with the new amp, I finally settled down and played the new Sabbath tunes.   Couldn't have picked three better songs to start off this new amp.  I can't comment on tones for the songs because I had guitar volume off in game, but I'm sure they're good.  Only thing I would change on all three songs, and this is just a matter of personal preference, is the speed.  I would speed it up a little so some of those faster riffs look a little clearer.  But again, just personal preference.

Evil Woman - Oh man, when you hit that chorus with those power chords in this one, the amp breathes golden dragon fire.  Charting looks good.  Audio quality on all three songs is excellent.  Going back to this one after I finish typing this up. 

Wasp - Charting looks good. Song sounds great.

Wicked World - Found one charting problem in the clean part that's right in the middle of the song on lead.  At the very end of that section, the riff ends, but the notes go on for a couple more seconds.

Three awesome songs that I need more practice at.  Thanks for making these up.

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Thanks, Steve

I will defiantly touch the tunes up, before posting to CF, Thanks for your time checking them out and your great advise, on them. I really enjoyed making some early Black Sabbath Customs and playing them myself.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Thanks, Man, I went back to that wicked world section and saw how far it was off and saw I didn't even put the sustains on that section either. Pretty sure I got it looking good now.

What scroll speed setting do you recommend? I will reset that also.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Ok, Thanks Buddy

Going to repack the Black Sabbath tunes now and post them to CF tomorrow, hopefully get some interest on CF, but don't care, I had fun charting them and playin' them for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

I'm like you, I don't care if anybody plays or likes my songs, as long as we enjoy them.

Going to polish up a couple old turds: UFO's Too Hot to Handle and everybody's favorite (or least favorite) redneck Nugent's Free for All.  Did both early on and they need some TLC, especially need to be sped up.

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

Got a new ZZ Custom made, from ZZ Top's First Album - 1971, called Goin' Down to Mexico. I tried all paths and I think it turned out pretty decent. Working on ZZ Top - Old Man - 1971, from the same album now.

Here it is if anyone want's to give it a try.

ZZ Top - Goin' Down to Mexico - 1971 V3.5  L, BL, R, B & V 1.5 scroll speed

Later, Terry

• Like 3

Hi, Guys

Got more new ZZ Custom made, all from ZZ Top's First Album - 1971, I played Lead and Rhythm paths on all of them so far and surprised how well they have turned out, still want to check out the Bonus Leads and Bass paths, hopefully tonight.

Here they are if anyone want's to give them a try.

ZZ Top - Goin' Down to Mexico - 1971 V3.5  L, BL, R, B & V 1.5 scroll speed

I didn't mark the Arpegios on this one - they are easy enough to figure out the arpeggios on the power chords.

ZZ Top - Old Man - 1971 V3.5  L, BL, R, B & V 1.5 scroll speed

I charted this one back in 1/11/2015. I have completely recharted this one, What a beast, to get it pretty decent now. I hand charted the Bass Path from a decent looking tab, the Guitar Pro Bass path was junk as usual. I finally had fun playing it for sure. And as Steve @@manchot66 is fond of saying polishing up an old turd, I think I polished this one up and now it's shining bright!

ZZ Top - Backdoor Love Affair - 1971 V3.5  L, BL, R, B & V 1.5 scroll speed

Later, Terry

Edit: Played the Bonus Leads and the Bass lines, I think there decent also, maybe they will get some interest on CF from the ZZ Top Fans.

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Hey, Terry,

Played the new ZZ Top songs.  The tone on the Bluesbreaker amp is pretty soft on my set up.  The lead tone on the Marshall amp with no cabinet sounds shrill.  It's got a lot of top end but I can barely hear it on any of the lower notes.   On Backdoor Lover, played it a couple times and it seems their might be some syncing issues in the first third of the song or so.  It just seemed like what I was playing wasn't always matching up.  The other songs looked good.

Hello all,

If you're ever thinking of looking for a new guitar, I have some advice.  There's a lot of leeway in new guitar pricing, but retailers are mandated to sell products at the price the manufacturer demands.  If the retailer doesn't follow these rules, the manufacturer can deny them their products.  Hence, that's the reason you'll find the same guitar at the exact same price everywhere you go.

Here's my example:  I emailed a bunch of eBay sellers to see what their best prices were for a brand new Jackson RRT-3 which retails for $900.  I got two answers back:  one guy said $669 w/free shipping, no tax;  the other said $700 w/free shipping, no tax, and a brand new Jackson hardshell case that retails for $140.  I also contacted Sweetwater, a big retailer in Ft. Wayne that I like, and they said they would do whatever they could to beat anybody's price.

One of the eBay retailers wrote me a nice email explaining that even though he lists his guitars as "used in pristine condition" , "used and un-played", or "used and mint", they are actually brand new with warranty, but he can't list them as new on eBay without putting them at full $900 price.

My advice to new guitar buyers would be to go to Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc. and find the guitar you like, then hit up a bunch on online retailers to see who can give you the best offer.  A savings of over 25% is pretty significant.

I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on the RRT-3 with case.  I've always wanted one of these Jackson Rhoads' Vs.

http://www.iguitarmag.com/media/166086/jackson-pro-series-rrt-3-rhoads.jpg

41Gyc8os4TL.jpg

• Like 2

Morning Guys, 

So I decided to try and chart something this morning, couldn't sleep, appears my tools are all shot, Uploaded the latest Wwise, and RST and EOF and keep getting an annoying error exception. 

Posted the log in the RST forum hopefully it is something simple... Hope your all well 

Jerry

• Like 2

Ok Guys. 

Its been over  Year since I charted anything, But here is a pass at Emerson Lake and Palmer Nutrocker, live recording they added to Pictures at an Exhibition 1971/ 

Only for the Bass Players though, sorry no guitar in it... But I guess you could do emulted bass on it . Fun upbeat tune to play. I think its pretty close, some minor sync issues and maybe a few extra notes in the tab, but I am pretty happy with it for my first chart in a year lol .. .

https://www.mediafire.com/?gwnw5gg68x54040

https://www.mediafire.com/?gwnw5gg68x54040

Jerry

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I saw they released a 60's pack, now Venus by Shocking Blue is an official :(

I saw the video and really prefer my version. Lucky is who'd dl it betimes. 

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I saw they released a 60's pack, now Venus by Shocking Blue is an official :(

I saw the video and really prefer my version. Lucky is who'd dl it betimes.

Official DLC always has terrible tones and speed is often too high.  I'll take your copy for sure. 

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

You are very right about that Rhythm Path on ZZ's Backdoor Love Affair "What A Mess", I found out I have the sheet music for it and have started Charting new Lead and Rhythm Paths (Looks good so far). All Paths on that GuitarPro file I used were total Junk. I have been busy the last couple days fixing computers and upgrading the operating systems to Windows 10 - (only have a couple days left to get the free upgrade). Done 5 and still got a few more to finish.

This weekend is booked with car repairs, last week teaching one of my Daughters to drive, she over steers the car in a turn and hit's a curb - blows the tire bends the lower control arm, and have to replace the front sway bar that has been broken for a while. Got all the parts new except the sway bar hopefully I can find one in a junkyard.

Later, Terry
  • Like 1

Morning all, 

Well I went and did it, got me a Tab Book of Yes songs of amazon and went and fixed up that Busted up "And You And I " Tab.  just the Bass , had to add so many new sections and notes it was a bitch, but I am going to be testing the bass track in a bit. No Guitar , sorry guys, Just don't feel comfortable trying to chart something i don't play, don't want the guff anymore.  But yea, feeling pretty damn happy to maybe having this one in my CDLC Library after a few more tweaks :) 

Jerry

• Like 4

Well here Is v1, need to do some more work in EOF with the tab book, i have pretty much  redone 5 mins or do of this song from scratch an what's left of the original tab, last half, seems off to me note wise. But I sync'd it up so I would have something to fool around with. feel free to thump out the first half teehee

https://www.mediafire.com/?48g553vddvvobst

Jerry

Its still a bit rough, but not too horrible 

• Like 2