New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered my Marshall amp.  Sweetwater.com gives a free upgrade to the Celestion creamback speaker which costs $170 on its own.  The creamback has a much fuller sound than the stock speaker.  Won't be in stock until the 22nd, so should have it in about two weeks. 

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DSL40CST

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

good choice, I love the sound of Marshall tube amps. Mine is in repairing actually, so I have to play over my old Kitty Hawk, also on full tube and good sound, but I really prefer my Marshall, hope he's coming home soon :(

But now I'm back with a brand new cdlc, just finished. Anybody knows Rio Reiser? This one is a very nice ballad from 1984 called Junimond, the guitar often is hardly to hear, but I think I got the best out of it and what my ears told. That was a hard transcribing job, harder than expected. The guitar is a bit tricky whit all those chord changes, but with RR it's feasible. I've used a lot arpeggios and crazy notes in eof, hopefully not too much. Also I was experimenting with different kinds of slides in eof with the result that unpitched slides works best. The tones should be ok now, I've adjusted them a while.

The bass is a real blast to play, not too hard. I'll test it a few more times before releasing it. 

Rio Reiser - Junimond

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Had a D string unwind from the bottom while playing yesterday.  First time that has happened to me.  They're D'addario NYXL so they're supposed to last a long time (only a couple months old).  Next time, I'm going to solder the ends where the strings wrap around at the bottom.  I think it's called 'tinning'.

Thanks @@A51Ripcord and @.  Looking forward to the new amp and complaints from the neighbors.

• Like 2

Hey Terry, Apparently there has been a wide spread problem in Texas lately, These Lawyers found a crafty way to Alert all Texans . :D

Don't Eat Your Weed 

You should Chart this!

I like it, Will, Looks easy enough to chart, may have too give it a try, for sure. :D

• Like 1

Hey Terry, Apparently there has been a wide spread problem in Texas lately, These Lawyers found a crafty way to Alert all Texans . :D

Don't Eat Your Weed 

You should Chart this!

I like it, Will, Looks easy enough to chart, may have too give it a try, for sure. :D

I'm sure there's no shortage of people on this website who could use that advice.

• Like 1

@

Bye, bye junimond.  I really enjoyed this song.  The June moon is also known as the honey moon, and since lots of people get married in June ...

The volumes are good, charting is spot on.  The clean tone is nice with good bottom end.  The solo tone is great, I really like when it kicked in.  Great job on this one, wie gewöhnlich.

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Played lead on MM- For You. And have to say excellent - Songs audio level and Guitar Tone audio level's are great sounding on my new PC set-Up, really enjoyed playin' it. Thumbs Up for sure.

Mannfred Mann - For You v2.0 for Lead and Bass

@

Hi, Fripp

Played Junimond liked what you got charted there on the Lead path. The way you have the arpeggios charted are excellent.  All the chord and note charting look good also and tones sound good on my set-up. Not as high a audio level as Steve's (I Like Them Loud) My preference only. Your Custom sounds fine just the way it is, and basically is correct compared to the songs audio level. Lot's of jumping around on the neck, for sure but with some practice it doesn't seem really difficult to catch on to the progression in the tune. I say Thumbs Up on this one also. Rio Reiser - Junimond

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Got a first version of a Black Sabbath custom put together. Black Sabbath - Wasp / Behind the Wall of Sleep - 1970. Audio is the remastered version from the Black Box CD set. Audio and Guitar audios need some work, Lead solo needs to be better synced. I didn't play the Bass Path yet, but it really looks good to me in EOF. 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

thanks dudes for testing Junimond

I also played a few times both arrangements, and really love the bass.

At guitar path I removed those first doublestops in the verses, made a tiny sliding change in the solo (doublestop slide from 6 to 8 instead 7 to 8) and decreased the gain from the clean tone a bit. I recommend bridge + middle Pickups if played with a strat, that sounds very, very nice. Released now:

Rio Reiser - Junimond

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Hi, Guys

Looks like we have a new Full Member joining us here at The Classic Rock Coalition, It looks like zsoca2010  is a Magna Charter with 25 Customs,and is mainly a 6-string Guitarist located in Merten Northland-Westfalia, not exactly sure where that is located.

Welcome zsoca2010  to The Classic Rock Coalition.

@@avdocatwork @@manchot66 @@RSBass

Hi, Guys

I have a few Black Sabbath Tunes for ya' If you would like to try them out. They are from the Black Sabbath Debut Album - But the audio is the remastered versions from the "Black Box" release. I played all tracks and I think there pretty decent, a few more beers and I will start singing like Ozzy Osbourne for sure, If I can get the wife to give me a quick kick in the nut's :D, Then I will be able to hit the high vocal notes.

Black Sabbath - Wasp-Behind the Wall of Sleep - 1970 V3.5 - Fixed up now.

NEWBlack Sabbath - Evil Woman - 1970 V3.5 -  New - Easy to Play - Bass line is a winner - checked it out myself, Thumbs Up For Sure.

It could use an awesome Geezer Butler Bass Guitar Tone if any of you awesome Bass Players run across one, let me know and I will change it out for sure.

Have a Great Black Sabbath Weekend Guy's. I sure am. Starting on Black Sabbath - Wicked World - 1970 next hope it will be as easy as Evil Woman was.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.

Made one change to Iron Man then posted it.  Changed the slides on the D string to hammer-ons in the chorus.  Realized it was not a slide when I watched Iommi on Youtube.  Here's the final version, v1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ut46q45xvd1d3w6/AAByPAZMuKNRik9fZEftK1VSa?dl=0

@@avdocatwork

Hope to get to Sabbath tonight.  Dead tired last night after literally one hour of yard work.  My body reacts like I worked a double shift.  First, I have to replace a pot on the Les Paul that I tore the shaft out of when removing a stubborn knob.  A buddy wants to buy it from me.  Shouldn't take too long, famous last words as I solder the guitar to the table and start the room on fire.

• Like 1

Looking for advice on this if anybody has any input:

A friend wants to buy my Epiphone Les Paul PlusTop Pro.  It's one year old and goes for $550 new.  It's in excellent condition with no dings or major scratches, etc, nothing beyond nomal playing wear.  I like to baby my stuff a bit.  Any ideas of what a fair price would be to charge?  I'm going to give him the friends' discount, but I still think I shouldn't take anything less than $300 for it.  On reverb.com, the used models go for anywhere between $250 - $400.  Any thoughts?

Thanks, dudes!

Hi @@zsoca2010, aus Merten bei Bonn :)

schön noch einen hier aus Daheimland zu sehen, sind wir ja schon zu dritt (RSBass). :lol:

Northland-Westfalia sounds interesting, more than Nordrhein-Westfalen

@@manchot66

I've tried your Iron Man custom, and everything looks fine to me.

The only thing in guitar is you've used almost entirely pitched slides I guess. That looks nice and clean, but it's a hell with recognition, misses over misses. I prefer unpitched slides maybe with link next if necessary, not that frustrating by note detection. Bass is well done. Also the tones are good.

About your Epiphone I think 300$ is a very fair and cheap price after one year and in a good condition. I never owned Epiphones and dunno about their quality, but after only one year usage that sounds cheap from 550$ new.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Got my 3-Pack of Black Sabbath Tunes completed.

Here they are if anyone wants to give them a try.

Black Sabbath - Wasp-Behind the Wall of Sleep - 1970 V3.5 L, R, B & V

Black Sabbath - Evil Woman - 1970 V3.5 L, R, B & V

Black Sabbath - Wicked World - 1970 V3.5 L, R, B & V

I played Lead and Rhythm on all of them a few times, I think they turned out great. I also had manchot66 new Iron Man in the set. Had a blast playing them all

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I'm happy to say we have another Magna Charter joining us here at The Classic Rock Coalition, It looks like @Snake3169 is a Magna Charter with 85 Customs, and is mainly a 6-string Guitarist. And he lists himself as a touring Guitarist and location as Crittenden.

Welcome snake3169 to The Classic Rock Coalition.

@avdocatwork @manchot66 @RSBass

@Antithez @vigonsky2009 @JamesPrestonUK @RobotMom
  • Like 2

hello snake