New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@jhespada

I haven't tried it yet, but it makes sense what manchot66 said about turning down the guitar volume or even turning it off in the RockSmith settings. I would think RockSmith would still register you hitting the notes and chords. I guess I will find out this evening when I hook it up and try it out.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@jhespada

My practice amp has a headphone jack also. So I can still play with my headphones on, I am pretty sure, it will cut out the speaker output, when the headphones are plugged into it, I hope.

Later, Terry

@@jhespada

Here's the splitter I've been using on Amazon.  Hosa splitter on Amazon   I've had good luck with the Hosa brand and they're cheap.  This one's less than $5, but it's an 'add-on' item, so they won't ship it unless you buy $25 worth of stuff.

Here's the same one on Sweetwater: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP111

$5 plus free shipping.  Sweetwater is super reliable with fast shipping.  I want to visit their huge ass store in Fort Wayne, IN one day.  It's like the Taj Mahal of music.

Don't know why, but Guitar Center doesn't carry one.

Just make sure you get a mono splitter instead of a stereo that will split to left and right channels.  The ones I linked to are mono. You can tell a mono plug becuase it only has one black 'stripe/ring' around the metal part of the plug, stereo will have two.

Once you get your splitter, plug the male end directly into your guitar.  Then run your RS cable into one of the female ends on your splitter.  Then use a separate cable to run from the the amp to the other female port on your splitter.  Now you're guitar will feed directly into your amp and RS at the same time.  Turn off your guitar volume in RS.  Now you will only hear your guitar through your amp, but it will register the notes you're playing in RS as normal.  So you'll be hearing RS through your normal speaker set up, but all your guitar will be through the amp.  It's definitely worth it once you hear it.

Hope this makes sense.  Any questions or clarifications, just shoot 'em over.

• Like 3

@@avdocatwork

I started Electric Funeral over from scratch.  It didn't need to be done over, I'm just an asshole.  Just a few tweaks and note changes and it's going to be so much better to play.  Should be done charting the lead path tonight.  Hope to have lead part up by tomorrow. 

• Like 1

@@GetTheLedOut

By the way, this weekend I only played one song the entire weekend - Stairway to Heaven. I had learned how to play the finger picking part and the middle part a while ago. But, my goal this weekend was to learn the entire song and play it at an acceptable level.

Well, 20 run-throughs later I was able to go from 73% to 88%. The finger picking is probably where I miss the most notes and the one part in the solo that is the fast B13-B15-G14 progression.

All in all it was so much fun playing this song over and over again. Awesome job on this custom and I can see why its gotten a couple of downloads  lol...

• Like 2

Well my hardcase just came via fedex so looks like i can travel with a ax now. Thinking of bringing my PJ with me to Deerfield, IL next week, so i can keep playing in the hotel room. Better than going out to the bars by far. 

Hope all of the US folks have a safe and awesome 4th of July. 

JB

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I'm using this splitter box, it has some more functions like 2 signals to one amp, one signal to two amps (or amp and RS :) ) or switching between 2 signals (if using 2 guitars alternately) or switching between 2 amps.

It's still the cheap variation, for my usage enough. There are other and more expensive ABY splitter boxes with more features like volume adjusting. But I guess the adapter you've shown would do the job.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@jbroch

You're gonna need a roadie pretty soon.  Nice to see you're going to be on the 'rich' side of town, much less chance of getting shot up there.  You'll be right by Kenilworth, the richest per capita 1/4 square mile in the U.S. (it used to be, not still sure if it is).  Still should be some decent pizza up there, but the best stuff is down here with the scum like me.  I'm sure it will only be in the low 90's with 80% humidity when you get here.  Enjoy.

• Like 2

@@GetTheLedOut

By the way, this weekend I only played one song the entire weekend - Stairway to Heaven. I had learned how to play the finger picking part and the middle part a while ago. But, my goal this weekend was to learn the entire song and play it at an acceptable level.

Well, 20 run-throughs later I was able to go from 73% to 88%. The finger picking is probably where I miss the most notes and the one part in the solo that is the fast B13-B15-G14 progression.

All in all it was so much fun playing this song over and over again. Awesome job on this custom and I can see why its gotten a couple of downloads  lol...

Thanks man. Glad you like it. I still feel like I could make it better by messing with the audio (now that I really know how) and the tones. But we'll see if I ever get around to it. I've been so busy lately, and haven't had hardly any time for RS at all.

I'd really like to use a splitter with my 1967 Fender Super Reverb, but then my neighbors would be calling for my head. It's volume control is like a rabid dog, it basically goes 0, 1, 2, 10. There's about a .5mm amount of play where it goes from "is this thing on?" to "what happened to my hair?" If I didn't love the damn things so much, I would have sold it by now.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I'd really like to use a splitter with my 1967 Fender Super Reverb, but then my neighbors would be calling for my head. It's volume control is like a rabid dog, it basically goes 0, 1, 2, 10. There's about a .5mm amount of play where it goes from "is this thing on?" to "what happened to my hair?" If I didn't love the damn things so much, I would have sold it by now.

Hi, GTLO - It sounds to me like a bad volume control - they do wear out or get dirty over time, I use spray contact cleaner on controls that are scratchy and just replace the ones with dead spots in it. If you change it out in the futur be sure to get a volume control that goes up to 11.  :D

I use my two small practice amps. Mainly the Marshall MG Series 15DFX.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/4/9/3/7/493713/pics/_c132216_image_0.jpg

Or the Peavey Rage158

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/thumbs3/peavey-rage-158-194961.jpg

I have a couple older pieces of gear I need to check out and repair if possible a Peavey Musician Head and an old Kustom PA-10 PA. I bought back in the 70's. It has been many years since I hooked them up. 

Later, Terry

http://www.el-amin97.com/siteimages/peavey%20musician%20400.jpg

http://i.imged.pl/wzmacniacz-gitarowy-kustom-pa-10-a15-2841116200.jpg

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Well man I will be working log days and dont expect to get out much . So I figure why not play lol n the AC room. 

JB

I was hopefully being sarcastic about your visit.  If you've got a car, you can do a nice cruise up and down Sheridan Rd. (what Lake Shore Drive turns into) and see how the more fortunate live on the Gold Coast.  The Baha'i Temple on Sheridan is a pretty cool sight.  https://www.bahai.us/bahai-temple

Enjoy your visit.

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

It's just how the blackface Fender amps were built, no matter whether it's a Vibroverb, Twin, or anything else of that era. There may be retrofits that can be done, but I've never looked into it. They're designed to be cranked, anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.

Although, I might invest in an attenuator like a THD Hotplate if I ever get back into a studio with any regularity. This way the tubes are still driven hard, but the studio techs won't have such a rough time  :lol:

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@avdocatwork

Terry,

Sorry, man.  I played N.I.B. a few days ago and forgot to post.  Fun as hell to play and I like the tone and volumes.  I need a little more practice to get those little one bar riffs down in between the power chords.   A few notes cut off at the end, but I believe you are already aware of that.

Polishing up the lead for Electric Funeral.  I'm having fun coming up with the main wah tone in this song.  The wah can give a distorted tone a real menacing, digital sound.

• Like 2

Just finished this up.  Interested to know what you guys think on lead tone and volume.  There's two guitars playing the lead part, one in the right channel with a lot of wah, and one in the left with a little less.  I tried to come up with a tone that was in between, but it's probably leaning a little more toward lots of wah wah.

Used a combo of tabs for the bass.   I figured the bass line would just match up with the lead, but it's actually a bit higher.  Sounds good to me.  Let me know what you think if you get a chance.

Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral v0.1 for Lead and Bass.

• Like 2

A friend I haven't seen in a while asked me to make some video/audio of me playing a song.  I told him I could get just about any song off of CF or I could make it myself.  This asshole chooses Survivor's I Can't Hold Back.  He loves cheesy 80's music and I always used to rip him for his love of Survivor.  No song on CF, found a partial tab.  Don't want to wuss out.  But don't want to listen to Survivor either. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaMcsKtBDwE

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Had fun playing Electric Funeral. played it 5 or 6 times and got up to around 85 on the lead path, sounded good to me, but I wasn't on my main PC. I took my Guitar and Laptop to the Community Pool to the 4th of July party. After the big rain storm the night before the water temp. was nice and cool, not like a warm bath which is the norm., around here in the heat. Another fairly big rain storm hit again last night, which is pretty unusual for July here in North Texas. Great work on the Black Sabbath Tune will play it some more on the main home PC and pay close attention to the tones and report back. They sounded just fine on the laptop, but I can't get as much volume on it as I can on the home PC.

Later, Terry

• Like 1