New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@avdocatwork

Hey Terry,

Radar looks like you guys are getting hit hard with the weather.  The plains states are tornado central right now.  Hope you guys are safe.

Finally got the guitar set up properly, still waiting on upgrade parts though and will have to re-set up.  Adjusted the truss rod and bridge and raised the pickups.  From the research I did, I didn't think I was going to like the Dimarzio pickups that came with the guitar.  And they sounded like crap when I tried them with the guitar right out of the box.  Now they sound awesome.  High output with great crunch and distortion.   Played some classic rock and some hard rock and they nailed both.  On a good amp set up, they sound like they're teetering on the edge of breaking into a howl.  Canceled the order for the new pickups.  Lucky they didn't send them out yesterday. 

I was going to tell you I'd have pickups and a set of 3+3 Grover tuners for your guitar builds, but now it looks like it's just tuners.  They are these ones in chrome: https://www.grotro.com/Grover/ROTOMATICS/d150fec8-4cb7-46fe-843f-e06e90703a32/Original-Rotomatics-102-Series.

If you need them, let me know and I'll pack them up and ship them to you.

• Like 1

Thanks, Steve. Made myself a present and it should arrive next week. :D

I'll post some pics then if you guys are interested.

Hell, yeah.  Nobody buys better gifts for yourself than you can, I always say.

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Played the Allman's Melissa.  In the lead, there are a couple of riffs where one or two notes were out of time.  One was toward the middle and another right before the end that I remember.  Rhythm looks really good.

I'll get to some other tunes later today, Sandman and ripcord's Thorogood.

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Thanks, for the check out on Melissa, I had been working on an updated ver. some yesterday and plan on getting it fixed up better, before i put it on CF later this week. That Bass and lead path on America's - Sandman are really giving me trouble, I have started to re-chart the whole thing over again, and see if I can salvage the tune, and make it good enough to put on CF and not get a bunch of flack from the America fans like me.

The Jimmy Buffett concert went real well, It's amazing how many dedicated Parrot head's there are, Grass skirts and coconut bra's everywhere. A few pirates and lot's of shark fin hats. Weather was OK in this area of Texas, It has been Houston, TX getting hammered by heavy rain's and flooding, My younger brother lives right outside of Houston and has been keeping me updated on the unbelievable flooding, he says it is the worst he has ever seen.

Later, Terry

My Video's of the Jimmy Buffett concert, can't see much, I was pretty far away and it was real dark. The audio isn't too bad though.

Jimmy Buffett - A Pirate Looks At Forty - Frisco, TX 5-28-2016

Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger In Paradise - Frisco, TX 5-28-2016

Jimmy Buffett - I Don't Know (Spicoli's theme) (From the Movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High) - Frisco, TX 5-28-2016

Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville - Frisco, TX 5-28-2016

Jimmy Buffett - Son of a Son of a Sailor - Frisco, TX 5-28-2016

Jimmy Buffett - Concert Over - Frisco, TX 5-28-2016

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have no idea how I did it, but my test run on my two new customs are sounding sweet. Here they are if anyone wants to give them a try.

The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa - V3.0 L. R, B and V

Rhythm strumming pattern needs more work, but not too bad.

America - Sandman - 1975 V3.0 L. R, B and V

Based on LaceyB's Version, all paths still need more work, but a great start on this one.

They both still need plenty of work, but they are really playable so far.

Later, Terry

Hi Terry, 

Played Mellisa on bass sounds fine to me. 

Played Sandman and seem like the bass cuts out way before the song is done playing, may just be how the Tab is... 

Thanks. 

JB

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

Thanks, for checking them out, yeah the Bass files and the other paths were not complete, have been trying to get the ending's completed. I got a bit tired and frustrated working on it so much, I created a file on my desk top and named it Back Burner and through the America - Sandman file in it. May get my mind right to finish it soon, I have spent so much time on that darn song, I hate to just see it sit there. Melissa went together pretty good, I have already went through all the Paths again and have improved it more, and have a newer version for it already, just haven't put it up here yet.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Got the final updated versions of my latest customs finished, I think.

The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa - V3.5 L. R, B and V

Hey, Steve, @@manchot66 I went through the Lead path twice, think I got your suggestions corrected, along with some other corrections. Worked on all Paths, and now this custom is sounding sweet for sure. Hey @@MAGGERS and @@jhespada I think you guys will dig the Lead path on this one, for sure. Hey William @@A51Ripcord, @PC Plum, and @@GetTheLedOut.I think you guys will like it too, but I have seen you guys chart better tunes than this one for sure.

Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville V3.5 L. R, B and V

I think I finally got the Bass path on this one charted pretty close. Hey Jerry @@jbroch and Shawn @@Tank-OR and also my Buddy from Germany RSBass @@RSBass, If you got time to check it out, I would like to hear from you awesome Bass players. I played through the Bass path, and did pretty good, but I know all of your Bass skills are a heck of a lot better than mine.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Terry,

I ran thru the bass on Margaritaville. There are wrong notes and as posted on another title, it is incomplete. I can help if you would like. I have nothing else to do tonight. All I would need is the guitar.ogg and note.eof files. The call is yours.

-Tank

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Got a first rough version of The Allman Brothers Band - Dreams - 1969 put together. Used the same tones as Melissa. I am so glad I started charting some Allman Brothers tunes. I have really started diggin' playing along with these awesome classics.

The Allman Brothers Band - Dreams - 1969 V3.0 L. R, B

7 1/2 minuets of joy on the lead path, for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@jhespada

I thought the same about Allman Brothers tunes, that is probably why I hadn't tried to chart one of there tunes. There Dreams tune isn't so difficult either to play on Lead. Starting on Ramblin' Man tonight hoping it goes together as easy as the first two, - to finish up the AB three-pack. Then try my hand at charting some Doobie Brothers - Listen To The Music, Rockin' Down The Highway, Takin' It To The Streets, What A Fool Believes. I will consider myself lucky if I can get 2 or 3 of them charted half decent.

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Thanks, Man. How's your Guitar project going? Do you have that rascal fixed up the way you want it yet? 

Later, Terry

@@avdocatwork

Hey, Terry,

Finished up on the guitar a few days ago, but I've been enjoying playing it so much, I forgot to post a pic.  Still have to solder in the new pots, but I'll save that for a rainy day.  Ended up with new bridge, toggle switch, locking tuners, pickups, and some black and gold speed knobs.

Really like the new Duncan pickups.  The neck pickup, called the Jazz, is the first one I've ever had that doesn't sound like someone threw a blanket over the speaker.  The neck is great for classic rock.  It sounds like an older Les Paul - a little muted, but still has some crunchy bite.  The bridge pickup, JB model, is really buzzy.  Been playing some Ozzy and Deep Purple using this pickup and it sounds awesome.  The pickups all so blend well together.  You can dial each one in to sound like one awesome tone.  My soldering and install job is still holding up.  Surprised it wasn't too hard to do.

Working on my own version of Iron Man right now.  What a great tune to play.  Will put it up here when I polish it up.

Here's the finished product (for now), protected by the alien-headed Queen Nefertiti, guardian of the Dum Dum lollipops:

http://i.imgur.com/VU9eWSP.jpg

• Like 3

This is what we call healthy eating in Chicago.  No, that's not deep dish.  Mmmmmmm ....

http://i.imgur.com/5xzx1IC.png

Dogs waiting for a slice to hit the floor:

http://i.imgur.com/UIlSHd0.png

http://i.imgur.com/N1gG3I3.png

• Like 4

Hi, Guys

Got a 3-pack of Customs of The Allman Brothers Band in the final stage. If anyone wants to check them out. I played the Lead and Rhythm paths and they are pretty good, for a first Version, very playable I think. Put them on my new Google Drive, if anyone wants to check them out.

The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa - 1972 L. R, B and V

The Allman Brothers Band - Dreams - 1969 L. R, B and V

The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man - 1973 L. R, B and V

I stayed up damn near all night working on these tunes, they do need work but they are really decent so far, and not too hard to play. Let me know what you think about them if you got some time?

Later, Terry

• Like 3

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Really like the awesome guitar, and nice pup's you got there. Man if you make a version of Iron Man, you most defiantly have to make a 3-pack - War Pigs and Sweet Leaf also. Please :D, Look at me making requests! Early 70's - I had Black Sabbath's debut Album, Sabotage, and Vol. 4 played them constantly. I have been checking out what hasn't been charted for near a year now. Haven't decided to chart any of there great tunes yet

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

Thanks for the kind words.  I'll have to check out the versions of War Pigs and Sweet Leaf (cough, cough)  that are posted to see how they are.  Iron Man was pretty bad and needed some love.  I will probably redo the other two any way because I'm a perfectionist and don't have a choice.

I grew up with two older brothers who only listened to rock and metal, so at 5 years old, I was playing the Paranoid album over and over, especially Iron Man.  The albums I grew up with were Queen, Zep, Sabbath, UFO, Iron Maiden, The Who, Dio, Rainbow, Ozzy, etc.  I guess I should be glad I didn't have older sisters or I'd be jamming to the Carpenters right now.

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

Thanks for the kind words.  I'll have to check out the versions of War Pigs and Sweet Leaf (cough, cough)  that are posted to see how they are.  Iron Man was pretty bad and needed some love.  I will probably redo the other two any way because I'm a perfectionist and don't have a choice.

I grew up with two older brothers who only listened to rock and metal, so at 5 years old, I was playing the Paranoid album over and over, especially Iron Man.  The albums I grew up with were Queen, Zep, Sabbath, UFO, Iron Maiden, The Who, Dio, Rainbow, Ozzy, etc.  I guess I should be glad I didn't have older sisters or I'd be jamming to the Carpenters right now.

Steve, 

Great to see you enjoying the new rig build and charting again, I grew up with very similar influences, just add in the heavy Prog Rock and its about the same :) Mon on the Silver Mountain was one of my favorite Rainbow tunes. I hear ya on the Older Sister thing, I had one and Bay City Rollers and Lief whats his name were always on her 45 player. My uncle was the headcase, and I enjoyed trips to his place to watch him play. 

On a side note, I got Lyme disease about 2 months ago, really is kicking my ass. Had to Hire landscapers for the first time and that was a real kick in the danglers. On the mend, but its impacted my joints pretty badly, hands, feet, hips and knees. Just getting around to playing again with any real time, so I look forward to seeing all the great new additions from the mighty CRC :) 

All the best. 

Jerry

• Like 3