New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I finally resynced my Billy Cobham - Red Baron cdlc.

Also I did any changes in the chart like added any notes and changed and optimized some technotes. Added a rhythm path which was on Lead Bonus before, same notes as lead but different fingering. It plays like a dream now, for me it's a perfect cdlc. love this one :wub:

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Just received the third guitar in the last three weeks in the mail today.  Third times a charm, my ass.  First guitar was screwed, second guitar was wrong model, and the third guitar has the worst fit and finish I've ever seen on a new guitar before.  Can't believe Dean would inspect this guitar and give it the okay to sell.  I was expecting a hell of a lot better from them for a mid priced guitar.

The finish is pitted, the binding looks like magic marker done by a child, there's a dent in the headstock, and someone took a grinder to the fretboard and its binding for some reason, maybe trying to sand the frets?  The finish is cracked and peeling where they grinded off the fretboard and on to the binding, as well as looking like shit.  They also sprayed the guitar with the nut on, so that's starting to peel off the nut and eventually the neck and headstock.  Didn't even play it, just too disappointed.

I'm on my fourth guitar ordered off the internet and this is the first problem I've ran into.  I'm thinking of buying from a store from now on, so at least you've got someone close to take your problem to.  Sick of mailing guitars all over the United States. 

Going to take some pics, will post if anybody's interested in seeing this poor debacle of an instrument.  I feel most sorry for the poor tree that had to end up as a crappy guitar.  Done bitching for now, hopefully.

@@A51Ripcord

I'm at the point where I'm ready to go my local guitar shop and beg for a normal guitar.  We've got a really good local guitar shop that I would like to give the business, but the Schenker Dean was $200 more from them.  I was really surprised; all the other Deans I've seen or briefly held before I shipped them back were top notch looking guitars.  And I've been spoiled with some great work on my Epi's and DBZ (all which cost less than this guitar).  Here's the pics of this guitars boo-boos:

http://i.imgur.com/yx0fZ3S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DRHDtY3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jfebq8I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/73RzvSr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LY0biwF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sBFXHHx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yQ3Fjin.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IZSRdBw.jpg

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Sorry you're having such bad luck dealing with Dean Guitars. I can see the crappy paint job in the photos for sure. Never saw high frets ground down like that before. I looked at all my Guitars and none of them are shaved down like that. It has to be a used Guitar that someone had attempted to modify. It is very poor quality for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Got my first Version of Cat Stevens - Father And Son - 1970 completed, Just The Lead and Rhythm Guitar Paths. The tuning on the song has to be either slightly sharp or flat, it just sounds off to me but close. I would appreciate some opinions on this one, to get it figured out, I have never been very good with odd turnings.

Here it is if anyone want's to give it a try.

Cat Stevens - Father And Son - 1970 Lead, Rhythm and Vocals Only

The Acoustic Tone is from Aludog's Tin Man by America.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Thanks, dude. I'm making a very good case for not buying a guitar sight unseen. If the prices weren't so cheap on the internet, I wouldn't even consider it.

What I can't figure out is why the company selling the guitar wouldn't at least look at it before they ship it. It costs $50 shipping each way to California via Fedex and they've paid for 3 shipments so far plus a fourth coming very soon. It seems checking if the guitar is the correct item or not a piece of shit before sending them out would save them some serious coin. I'm considering making the 32 hour drive to San Diego to hit someone over the head with this guitar.

P.S. Changed my profile pic back to Einstein for good luck. Ordered three guitars with that pic and they were all beautiful. Come on, Albert!

P.S.S. First Dean I ordered and returned due to bad neck has been relisted by seller with no mention of anything wrong with it. What a scumbag.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hey all,

my 50th custom, something very special

If someone got the nerve in any path

Billy Cobham - Quadrant 4

for the really harcore shredders there's a Lead Bonus Track with all solos, a real note storm there. For any reason the tones doesn't change in the Bonus Track, but who cares

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I have been meaning to tell you, In my Signature picture below Dimebag Darrell is far left top, and he is playing that Confederate Flag Guitar in the Pic.

The others are Stevie Ray of course, Johnny Winter, Albert Collins. Eric Johnson and all of ZZ Top of course too.

Got to find room for Buddy Holly, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Don Henley, Steve Miller and Jimmie Vaughan also.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@

Hi, Fripp

Played the Lead and Rhythm paths on the Billy Cobham - Quadrant 4 tune. On the lead path really liked the Guitar tone changes. Very intense tune you have charted there, but I just had to give it a try. And I am really happy I did. Thank you so much for introducing me to some really fine tunes, that I would have passed up otherwise. A monster picking wise, and I probably hit one note out of 12, but who's counting, at least I gave it a few run through's and had fun doing it.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Well I'm bummed out now, ZZ Top just pulled out of the Concert on the 28th this weekend. Looks like it's Jimmy Buffett and Jerry Jeff Walker now.

Jerry Jeff Walker is strongly associated with the progressive ("outlaw") country scene that centered around Austin, TX, in the 1970s. With Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings ect. He did write the song Mr. Bojangles, or you may have heard of his version of "Up Against the Wall Redneck Mother". Well not a fitting replacement for ZZ Top in my Book. Could be worse, Winger, Boy George ect. :D 

Later, Terry

@@avdocatwork

No ZZ Top, that sucks. I've been to half a dozen Buffett concerts and could never remember hearing any songs by the end of the night. I saw lots of girls flashing boobies, which isn't so bad, but it's not ZZ.

New guitar showing up Wednesday. What folly awaits, we'll soon know. Praying to the guitar gods for quality craftsmanship, and some faster fingers.

• Like 3

@@manchot66

Hi Steve, looking forward to Jimmy Buffett and the Gal's flashing there boobies, for sure. The wife, in the past used to do the flashing also. I will have to keep her supplied with the cerveza's , and see if she reverts back to the day's gone past. :D She is a Jerry Jeff Walker fan also, so I'm sure it's going to be a pretty wild night for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Here is George Thorogood & The Destroyers - "Get a Haircut" In testing Phase

Finished it just now, Won't be able to give it a first run and try it out until Tomorrow. But if anyone wants to give it a try here ya go!

* No Vocals yet

* (Open G) on Lead, and Rhythm

* E standard Bass.

* I used Manchot66's "Bad to the Bone and Bass" tones for all arrangements, didn't touch the volumes.

* Song Volume ( -5)

• Like 2

@@A51Ripcord

Can't wait to try Thorogood out, hopefully tomorrow with new guitar. Open G is a fun tuning, especially with the slide. You can strum all six strings and slide and it sounds awesome. I hope those tones sound good; I made those up a long time ago. I'm finding some of the tones I made with my first guitar are way over modulated when I use a guitar with better, hotter pickups.

Haven't played in almost a month and I'm getting the itch really bad. I'm jonesin' here!

• Like 2

Here is George Thorogood & The Destroyers - "Get a Haircut" In testing Phase

Finished it just now, Won't be able to give it a first run and try it out until Tomorrow. But if anyone wants to give it a try here ya go!

* No Vocals yet

* (Open G) on Lead, and Rhythm

* E standard Bass.

* I used Manchot66's "Bad to the Bone and Bass" tones for all arrangements, didn't touch the volumes.

* Song Volume ( -5)

*Added Sections, Raised tone volumes by +2

George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Get a Haircut Version 2

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, Ripcord

Got my first versions of The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa and America's - Sandman, put together and going to test run them soon, and got your George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Get a Haircut Version 2 downloaded and will run through it also. A great triple-shot of some Southern rock - Bluesy tunes that are right up my alley for sure.

Later, avdocatwork

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Great start on the Get A Haircut Custom, I love the tuning and the Guitar Tones on the Lead and Rhythm Paths. Lead Path with solo needs sustains charted, Rhythm Path also needs sustains. May want to make the muted notes through out the tune into muted power chords based on the root note that is muted, if you know what I mean. Loved playing this tune, the volume levels may need a little more adjusting also. I would be honored to play it a lot, through all your adjustments and re-posting here at the CRC.

EDIT: - On sustains I usually click on the first note say the 1st Verse then go to the last note in the first verse and hit shift and click the note, then turn the scroll wheel on the mouse to add the basic sustains throughout the section then listen through the section and adjust longer or shorter sustains if needed. On solo's I usually go through it slowly and add sustains note by note. But you probably already do it like that.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

I have no idea how I did it, but my test run on my two new customs are sounding sweet. Here they are if anyone wants to give them a try.

The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa - V3.0 L. R, B and V

Rhythm strumming pattern needs more work, but not too bad.

America - Sandman - 1975 V3.0 L. R, B and V

Based on LaceyB's Version, all paths still need more work, but a great start on this one.

They both still need plenty of work, but they are really playable so far.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Tested both Melissa, and Sandman.. loved both of them, never heard of Sandman before. You've got those tone volumes nice and high but sounds great on my gear. Nice acoustic tones on both. I enjoy Acoustic songs. these are the kind I enjoy playing on a daily basis. Good work Terry.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't played any tunes.  Decided to do some modifying and hot rodding on this guitar before I get going for good.  Got a whole bunch of crap on the way in the mail.  I ordered some Seymour Duncan pickups to replace the Dimarzios, some new pots and switches, locking tuners, a new bridge, and some gold screws to replace the chrome ones so they're all gold.  Going to give install and soldering a shot.  If I can't handle it, I will throw a temper tantrum and then take it to my local guitar shop and have them laugh at me.  Will post some pics when I get this bad boy set up (or burnt to ashes).

• Like 2

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, William

Thanks, I used the Acoustic tones off my Reworked America - Horse with No Name Custom, but those tones are based on Aludog's America - Tin Man Acoustic Tone, with some minor changes. I have been working on a lot of Acoustic tunes lately, I have been liking the sound of them also.

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

All that work your doing on Guitars lately, got me headed to the Guitar Center for new strings here in a little bit, might just get a slide and a new Capo too. If you want to sell any of the old pickup's and parts let me know. I have a few Guitars with lots of missing pieces, that I have put off putting together for a long time. Will post some pic's of the two Guitars this weekend.

Later, Terry

• Like 1