New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Guys

Went through Jethro Tull's - Bungle in the Jungle - 1974 Last night and all tracks seem to be going together real well.

Also went through Rory Gallagher's - Road To Hell. Charting the Bass and Vocal Paths for PC Plum's, Rory Gallagher - 7 Pack, just have a minute or two of the Vocal's to line up , and tighten up the Bass sync. some more, and it will be finished.

I also started another big project fixing up my America - Horse With No Name Custom - Completely re-charting all tracks. Plan on an advanced Guitar Version and an E-Z Guitar Version. I found some real nice Backing/Practice Tracks, that I will incorporate into them. It's going to be a lot of work but if I can pull it off, I will be happy. The remake of The Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The U.K. Turned out real well and I have gotten some positive feedback on it, so glad to have it finished.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Well I have the advanced Guitar version of America's - Horse with No Name, Charted and synced. I am really amazed at how well it has turned out so far. Now, just have to find a killer Acoustic Guitar Tone for it. That's where I need everyone's help. Let me know if you have run across a killer Acoustic Guitar tone in your journey's playing tunes in RockSmith. This version deserves the best Acoustic Guitar tone available for sure. I would appreciate any suggestions at all.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Damn near broke my arm and shoulder trying to pat myself on the back, with this remake of the America tune Horse With No Name - even did well playing it. The advanced version has that special tuning that is a pain in the ass on the Rhythm and Lead path's the Bonus Lead is in E-standard tuning. I used the Wonderwall Acoustic Guitar Tone but it seems kind of flat to me. If any one wants to give it a try here you go.

America - Horse With No Name - 1972 Advanced Version

Later, Terry

If I had it my way and nobody would complain, I would replace all the acoustic tones with a Marshall JCM800 on a Marshall cabinet with the gain turned up to 90.  It's impossible to make a good acoustic tone, but it's very easy to make a tone that will melt your face.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I haven't been around much lately and I haven't posted a lot of stuff. The end of my studies is approaching and keeping me busy but my next custom is No. 200, so I'm finally releasing something that I've started working on in autumn last year:

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Part One)

There were no usable tabs for the whole thing, so I transcribed the bass myself and then bavarezkd made a transcription of the guitar parts which I then overhauled again using multitracks I found online (they were only 16 mins long though, so I couldn't do that for the rest of the track). After further polishing the tabs and doing all the EoF work, tone creation and some initial testing today, I give you the first test version, so I can get some feedback from you guys.

The tones aren't perfect but it's impossible to account for every tone change with just four tone slots, so some manual labor on your guitar knobs and switches is unavoidable, I'm afraid. :D

I had some trouble with handshape phrases that I used for the arpeggio sections (which I use because the actual arpeggio phrases look really confusing in RS), so I deleted them for now. It might work like that as well but I'd prefer it to get the handshape phrases to function correctly.

Anyway, I haven't tested this particular version yet because I need to attend to other matters atm but I think it should play and sound better than my previous (tested) version. Let me know if that is indeed the fact.

• Like 2

Aludog's acoustic tone from hie America custom is my fav "acoustic" tone, but like @@manchot66 says it's hard to find one in Rocksmith.  Sometimes I think a clean "electric" tone does a better job than struggling with the acoustic pedal in RS.

Hi, PC Plum

I remember now playing Tin Man by America, and liking the Acoustic Tone and also the tone in Tommy Can You Hear Me both by @@Aludog - going to try both and a few new tones today.

Also going to give Aludog's new custom a try - Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Part One) Now that is a song from the past, The Exorcist Theme, now that was one movie that scared the crap out of me, long ago.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

I checked out my acoustic tone from Tin Man and just remembered how great it actually is. :D I always try to create new tones but I'll be using that one for the final version of Tubular Bells because it should work great there. Any tips for improving the other tones will be much appreciated though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello all,

Going to be trying all the acoustic and clean tones for Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good, the short acoustic riff part.  Need something loud and clear for that part.

Will try to give all the new songs a play tonight after Game of Thrones.

Just picked up one of these bad boys, Dean Chicago Flame V.  Should be here this week.  I am excited to play shitty on a new guitar.

http://www.deanguitars.com/img/usavcftbz.jpg

• Like 4

Dear diary:

Spent the last day cleaning and setting up the V.  It was a display model at a small store and has seen some use and definitely needed a cleaning and polishing.  The ebony fretboard is beautiful.  The v shaped neck is way more comfortable than anything else I've tried.  I have bigger hands and it fills the gap nicely and gives my hitchiker's thumb a flat place to rest when playing power chords.  The fretboard has a really flat radius and fat frets compared to the Epi LP I've been playing.  It seems easier to move chords around on the flatter board and generally feels more natural, not quite sure why.  It's got twin Demarzio Super Distortion pickups that are much angrier than the ProBucker pups on the Epi.  I like angry.

I'm also trying to decide if I should sell advertising space on that headstock or maybe install a 27" flat panel.  Ideas welcome.

http://i.imgur.com/HJtrXLv.jpg

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Awesome looking AXE you got there, Maybe I will get lucky and get a new awesome Guitar for Christmas, I have already been hinting around the family. :D But probably end up with a Ukulele, if that's the case, I'll have to go Hawaiian for sure. Tiny Bubbles, by Don Ho, anyone!

Later, Terry

Edit: 4/29/2016 - With a lot of grueling work I just might be able to Chart the Rhythm Path. Now everybody has to listen to it, to know what I'm talking about.  :D

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

It's going to be a really hectic next couple of weeks here, have a daughters birthday and graduation from High School also. And the wife has many things planed that I have to help with. And i'm in the huge re-chart of the tune America - Horse With No Name. Just wanted to let you know don't worry about playin' the version I posted here a while ago, I have already tore it apart and am combining the good sections with the original Chart I made in Dec. 2014. The new version I am hoping will be worthy of the awesome Classic Guitar tune.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

Well I have been sneaking in some Charting time with Jethro Tull - Bungle in the Jungle - 1974, It seems to be coming together pretty good. There will be L, Bonus L, R, B and Vocals. The song is pretty complicated with all the tracks. I remember all the air play on the AM and FM radio back in the mid-70's the song had gotten. Haven't packed and played it yet, hope it turns out OK, It looks like it's going to be a fun song to play, so far.

And big news, I plan on posting here (at the Full Members Resources Area) , probably tomorrow when I get all the information and links together, A very good Friend and former Member of The Classic Rock Coalition has given The Classic Rock Coalition access, too, and it looks like close to 500, already built CDLC's. Mostly Bass and Vocal Paths, but some have Lead and Rhythm paths also. Further information will come tomorrow. I am sure everyone knows who the Friend is, but unfortunately I can't post the Friends name.

Later, avdocatwork

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

I hope the Friend is Jennifer Aniston, but I'll settle for a bloke from the UK.

The new guitar had a bad neck, had to send it back.  I've got a Dean Schenker V showing up today.  It's brand new, so hopefully there won't be any issues.

Lots of spring yard work to be done, so not much guitar playing this past week.

• Like 1

Hi, Classic Rock Coalition Members.

A good friend and former Member of The Classic Rock Coalition (Unfortunately it is best for all, I do not say who) has passed on a huge collection of Customs to The Classic Rock Coalition. A great opportunity for the new Magna Charters in the Group to get more Customs easily posted to CustomsForge. Most of the Customs are just Bass and Vocals, but I know there are some with Lead and Rhythm paths included. The Friend would appreciate improvements on the Custom and missing Guitar Paths added if possible. You can use the Toolkit's Unpack option to get all the files needed to assemble a fine Custom with at least an excellent Bass and Vocal Paths already charted for you. You will find the information and links: at the Full Members Resources Area - 

CDLC's Available From A Friend

Later, avdocatwork

@@avdocatwork @@manchot66 @@RSBass

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Well, have the first version of Jethro Tull - Bungle in the Jungle finished. I think it turned out pretty well. Went through all the tracks 4 or 5 times today getting the volume levels set up, got better on all the single note riff sections for sure - pretty fun tune to play.

Here it is if anyone wants to give it a try.

Jethro Tull - Bungle in the Jungle - 1974 V3.0 - L, Bonus L, R, B and V

Later, avdocatwork

Hi, Guys

I also have the first version of Rory Gallagher - Road To Hell - 1987, completed if any of you Bass Players want to give it a try. For PC Plum's 

Rory Gallagher 7 Pack project

Rory Gallagher - Road To Hell - 1987 V1 - B and V Only

Later, avdocatwork

Sorry guys. I've been guitarless for the past couple weeks. Sent my bad-necked Dean back for a Schenker model Dean and this is what they sent me:

http://i.imgur.com/l8wOJpZ.png

It's a Dean Dimebag Darrell Razorback. I think I'd get shot if I played that at anything but a KKK rally up here.

Also traded in my Epi Les Paul and Vox amp for a Marshall DSL40C. Waiting for the amp to come in at Guitar Center with my fingers crossed. New Schenker guitar supposed to be here this Saturday; hopefully it's the right model.

@@GetTheLedOut

After I'd close the blinds, I'd end up stabbing myself or a pet within the first five minutes of use. I know myself; first I'd sit down, have a smoke, start playing, go to adjust something, get the cord caught up in those spikes, pull the computer down with the amp falling on top of it, then trip over the pile because I can't see with the blinds shut. That's why I never took it out of the box.

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

That  Dean Dimebag Darrell Razorback  Guitar, wouldn't be a problem here in Texas, There are many, many Red Necks around here, that would love to have one like it. The Confederate Flag Hate hasn't manifested here yet, but of course I expect it in the near future, most likely. Seems like the US is getting so politically correct now days, we will all have to email our Congressman for permission to take a Shit soon.  :D Just me saying Congressman could get me in trouble for being sexually biased, by the Congresswomen and supporters.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

I know Pantera is based in Dallas, not sure where Dimebag was from.  I remember Pantera partying with the Dallas Stars after they won the Cup a few years back.  You probably wouldn't get in trouble for playing that guitar here, I was just poking fun at the state of the nation.  Just a little too flashy for me.   Growing up, the only time you saw the Confederate flag up here was on Dukes of Hazzard.  Still, I still wouldn't take it to a bar on the south side of Chicago for open mic night unless I wanted to leave with some free lead deposited in me.   49 people were shot in Chicago last weekend and as the temperatures rise, more bullets start to fly.  Most are gang affiliated, but many are from bullets hitting innocent people when they're eating dinner, waiting for a bus, unloading groceries, walking to school, playing at the park, etc.  It's a real shame.

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Yeah, Pantera and Dimebag were from the Dallas, Texas area. And i also really wouldn't want to be seen playing that Guitar around this area either.  :D It would be just asking for trouble.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

There's a famous story of the Cup at Phil Anselmo's (Pantera front man) house after the Stars won it.  Apparently, Guy Carbonneau tried to throw the Cup into the pool from a second story balcony.  He missed and it bounced on the concrete leaving it all smashed up.  Oops.

• Like 1