New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I guess I could help a bit, if it's only the bass :)

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

If I had the time

Which is why I asked on here, not you direct by PM.

You're old news :D

Edit - Plum comes crawling back...

TBH if I had my way there are 7 songs

Bass by

1. Aludog

2. frippchen

3. rsbass

4. some other cunt I ain't had the pleasure of meeting yet

5, 6, 7. Plum bass that I can manage myself from the GP file

Sorry to be so "name check".  I did leave a few slots open and anyone is welcome to audition :D

• Like 2

@@jhespada

Hi, jhespada

I did really enjoy playing that fine AC/DC Custom you got there. And it looks like it's getting a lot of interest on CustomsForge with the 135 downloads overnight. That Angus Young Lead Path really cooks, my fingers were flying, trying to keep up for sure. That is one for riff-repeater and quite a bit of time and practice to master it for sure, but it's just a blast to play, or should I say attempt to play, for me.

Later, Terry

@@avdocatwork - The tab I found was really good. Couple that with assistance from @@GetTheLedOut and you get one solid track. I was doing real well on the Lead in EOF until the final solo where the tab fell off a bit. That's where GTLO came in and helped out. He also found a few spots where the main riff was just off slightly.

• Like 1

@PC Plum You didn't just come in with the mail either but because some of the articles are good I pick you up once in a while and to be honest, I much rather work on anything Rory Gallagher than the other stuff you want me to do. :lol:

So, give me the song names and I tell you which one I'll work on in my spare time.

• Like 1

I'll organise the resources today and make thread.  Then people can decide which songs they like or are willing to work on.

TBH I haven't synced all the songs so I don't know how bad the bass is in a few of them yet.  There are at least 2 needing the bass emergency room though, and one needing some light embellishments added.

And, to everyone, c**t is an endearing word in Scotland - I was just trying to be friendly :lol:

• Like 4

And, to everyone, c**t is an endearing word in Scotland - I was just trying to be friendly :lol:

Hi, PC Plum

lol... and I thought it was a mis-spelling and I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say by it. I think a collaboration with you and the other guys at The Classic Rock Coalition will be a fun and interesting project.

I recently have begun Charting some very early classic rock & roll tunes, that I feel need to be on CF, they probably won't get much interest on CF, but I'm basically Charting them for myself. Checking out the roots of Rock & Roll, has been really interesting.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Saw on the National News this morning that it's confirmed that Axl Rose is going to front AC/DC for the "Rock or Bust" World Tour. I had been hearing rumors the last few weeks that Axl was in the studio with AC/DC in Atlanta, GA. Guns N' Rose's will be here in Dallas, TX Aug 3, 2016. The show I'm going to is the Jimmy Buffett / ZZ Top Concert May 28, 2016. I went to a Guns N' Rose's Concert in the early 90's only because Metallica was the opening Band, nothing against Guns N' Rose's just not a hardcore fan of theirs like I am of, Metallica and ZZ Top and AC/DC and Black Sabbath also.

Later, Terry

Edit: Should we start calling the Band Axl/AC/DC like we all did for the "Van Hagar" era. :D I still miss Bon/AC/DC, Now I miss Brian/AC/DC. What I didn't know about was Malcolm Young's Retirement in April, 2014.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

We had this version of Johnny B. Goode in the championship a while ago. A good version, was really fun to play.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@jhespada

"But your kids are gonna love it."  Always find that dubbed in voice singing Johnny B. Goode weird in the movie.

I worked on Charlie's Angels (the movie) and had the benefit of spending a little time with Crispin Glover (George McFly).  He was a really cool, laid back, eclectic kind of guy.  I couldn't talk to him without thinking of him saying, "You get your damn hands off her", though.

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

Sorry, don't know how the hell I confused AC/DC with ZZ Top, especially when you're a huge ZZ guy.  Age must be rotting my brain.  I've never been a huge GnR fan either.  The Appetite for Destruction album was huge when I was in high school.  I've always been a big Slash fan, though.  Always thought Axl was kind of douchey.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Well, I had just test run the first of my back to the roots of Rock 'N' Roll Custom, Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill, It turned out really lousy, another one for the back burner. There are slim-pickins on resources for the Golden Oldies I have found out.

Thought I would try

Jethro Tull - Bungle in the Jungle - 1974

Cat Stevens - Father And Son - 1970

Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown - 1973

I think I found some good resources for them. And plan on doing some heavy research for an awesome Acoustic Tone.

@@jhespada and @@PC Plum set up there project sections in the Full Members Resources area, if any one is interested in helping out. I plan on charting Bass and Vocals for Rory Gallagher's - Road To Hell for PC Plum's 7 pack.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Yes I have tickets too - Awe Crap!  :angry:  I was so looking forward to the awesome Jimmy Buffett / ZZ Top line up. Now they will probably replace ZZ Top with Boy George's Culture Club or the Pet Shop Boys, no offence to there fans, just not my type of music. :D 

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

I got the Official news from the ZZ Top website:

Last Thursday, Dusty Hill was injured at the Lone Star Events Center in Lubbock, Texas that prevented the evening’s ZZ Top performance from taking place.  Dusty has subsequently undergone treatment for a fractured shoulder.  ZZ Top’s concert dates on the current tour have been postponed through May 7.

Carl Stubner, the band’s manager, reported, “Dusty was suited up and ready to go when he tripped on a step while on his way to the stage for the start of Thursday’s show.  It was very dark back there and the step – really a half-step – wasn’t lit so there’s no way he could’ve seen it.  We found out that others had missed it and stumbled earlier in the day. Maybe some strategic lighting could’ve prevented this, but that’s water under the bridge.  What’s important now is that Dusty and his medical team to do what’s necessary for a complete recovery.”

Dusty Hill, offered this comment, “My physicians told me that this type of injury is usually associated with contact sports.  I’m not sure bass-playing qualifies as such but they’re doing their best to get me back in the game as soon as possible.  Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes we’ve received.  We’re determined to enjoy a speedy recovery and see you soon!”

The following cities have been rescheduled.  Please stay tuned for local announcements as well as new tour dates

Shreveport, LA

Biloxi, MS

Lake Charles, LA

Chattanooga, TN

Augusta, GA

Atlanta, GA

Sarasota, FL

Naples, FL

Clearwater, FL

Shawnee, OK

Frisco, TX is not on the list for May 28, So it looks like, so far it is still an awesome show scheduled. Sorry Ripcord hope the rescheduled date for you is convenient.

Later, Terry

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

And I was looking forward to Wingers Headed For A Heartbreak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1JXrxCKQVs

Or also Nelson's (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection

Pretty Boy, Hair bands. The wife would dig there shows for sure.

Edit: I would be in big trouble after a Nelson show, the wife would make me put on a long blond haired wig and start calling me Gunnar, for sure. :D 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Hey, Terry,

How did the dirty, long hair look of the 70's turn into the perms with frosted tips of the 80's?  The music went the same way as the hairdos.  The Neslons are prettier than most of the girls I've ever dated.  I think a Nelson/Buffett concert would cause a riot full of people dressed as parrots, pirates, and bananas fighting guys wearing eye liner.

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I think MTV had a lot to do with the change - Music and looks, wise - That's who I blame.

My wife is the parrot head and I'm the Blues rocker, that's what made the line up of Jimmy Buffett / ZZ Top perfect for us. And I have to admit I wore eye liner once in the 80's but that was to an Alice Cooper Concert. :D The drummer in the garage band I was with suggested it - peer pressure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Latest news on the ZZ Top Tour:

The long-running rock band ZZ Top announced Wednesday (April 20) that it will be taking time off for more than a month to allow bassist Dusty Hill to recuperate from a fractured shoulder he sustained before an April 14 show in Lubbock, Texas. 

According to a statement from the band, Hill tripped on a dimly-lit step while walking to the stage for the show.

Since the injury, ZZ Top canceled its April 15 show in Shawnee, Okla. and will not be able to perform again until a date in Frisco, Texas on May 28.

Looks like my show date is still scheduled for now.  :D 

Later, Terry

• Like 1