New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@avdocatwork

@@manchot66

Thanks for your youngest feedback to Santana!

Santana - Jingo V1.2   L   B

Update 1.2

- some notes in lead corrected

- new Lead tone (Black magic woman dlc)

Santana - Song of the Wind V1.1   L  B

Update 1.1

- some notes in lead corected, added/removed

- new Lead tone

Maybe not perfect, but i think good enough for upload. I am satisfied now :)

• Like 1

Flying V fans,

Epiphone is making Flying-Vs again.  They just introduced a beautiful custom Brent Hinds model that isn't in stores yet.  Could only find a price in Japan of 779,000 yen which is over $9,000 US and at Anderton's UK for pre-order for 599 quid, $850US (will cost less when released in US).  Epiphone has one other Flying-V model, Jeff Waters Custom for $500, but I can't find it anywhere in the US.

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I always wanted one of those cool looking flying V Guitars, some of my friends in the past had them, can't remember what brand's they were. I just remember they were red and cool looking. :D 

@@RSBass

Downloading the new Santana customs now and going to check them out also, if Steve likes the tones, I bet they are sweet. And I'm looking forward to give them a try. :D 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass (Are you ever going to give me your first name?)

No problem if you don't want too.

The Santana tune - Song of the Wind, Guitar Tone is excellent and volume levels also. Got only 36 at full speed after a few play troughs. All and all, an excellent custom you have created, and one for the Championship Guys in the advanced section, for sure.    The Santana tune Jingo the Lead tone is good and fits but could use some work, not near the sustain as Song of the Winds tone has. The Lead Guitar tone on Jingo sounds to me different from the Song of the Winds Lead Guitar tone. If they are the same tone never-mind.  Two fantastic Santana Customs you have now RSBass, now I have become brave enough to start playing some of the other Santana Customs, Thanks Man!

Santana - Jingo V1.2   L   B

Santana - Song of the Wind V1.1   L  B

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

On The great Mott the Hoople Custom. I improved on lead and Rhythm. Lead was on old ver. 72  New ver. 82 now. Rhythm is very hard (fast chord changes) old ver. 32 new ver. 61 and it's playing at full speed after 2 or 3 play troughs only. Looks and sounds excellent here for sure.

Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes v2.0 - L, L+, R, B

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

Some of you might remember me posting last year about the concert I went to featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eddie Money, Blue Oyster Cult, and Stone Cold Sweat, It was called the bo and jim bash #4. The wife and I had a blast at the show, last year.

I found out tickets go on sale tomorrow for this years bo and jim bash #5 Featuring Boston, Don Felder (lead guitarist for the Eagles from 1974 to 2001), Rick Derringer "Hang on Sloopy" with The McCoys, and "Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo" Written by Rick Derringer and released on his solo debut album. Stone Cold Sweat feat. Bo & Jim D. J.'S from the Classic Rock radio station 92.5 here in Dallas, TX. Might just have to go to this show in early June, End of May going to the Jimmy Buffett / ZZ Top Concert, got the tickets.

Later, avdocatwork
  • Like 1

Hi, Guys

Just wanted to let everyone know that PC Plum and GetTheLedOut will be stopping by The Classic Rock Coalition to say Hi. I made them Full Members a little while ago. I messaged them both last evening and let them know, how much there Customs are appreciated by me and I'm sure everyone else on CF.  I'm sure everyone here knows there customs and charting ability's well. I am pleased to have them hang out as much as they want here at the Members Forum. But like most of us here at The Classic Rock Coalition with busy lives finding time to chart and play customs, seems to be getting harder to find time for. Welcome to The Classic Rock Coalition GetTheLedOut and PC Plum.

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

• Like 3

Hey gang!

So this is where all the heavy hitters hang out?

*takes off shoes and puts feet up* :)

• Like 7

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@GetTheLedOut

Hi, GetTheLeadOut

Glad you stopped by, just had finished sending you a message a short while ago. Speaking of heavy hitters, checked on your Stairway To Heaven Custom - 33,523 Downloads and climbing. And Hotel California right up there also. WoW!

Didn't Don Felder, formally of the Eagles come up with the tune, he will be at that Concert I was talking about in an earlier post.

Welcome to The Classic Rock Coalition.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

As far as I know, he wrote most of the music - at the very least. He definitely doesn't get the appreciation that he deserves.

Those two songs have been out since the days of Smithy's Anvil, so a lot of people had them even before CustomsForge was founded. The fact that they're classic rock staples coupled with the fact that I've made a few updates certainly padded the numbers :D

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Frey and Henley were such assholes.  Treated Felder like shit, even though he was their best song writer, so he left the band.  Then when Frey and Felder found out they couldn't write anything that didn't sound like a country tune, they hired Joe Walsh.  But they would only let Walsh come on as an employee of The Eagles and not a member.  So Walsh never got a cut, just a paycheck.  And that's why they're assholes.

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

Well bad news on the Bo & Jim Bash #5. The cheaper tickets sold out before the tickets went on sale. Thinking you had to be in a Bo & Jim fan-club to get the discounted rate. Cheapest price for a pair of tickets are going for $128.00 now.

Later, Terry

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Last year we got the 2 discount tickets for $36.40 total, I can't figure out what wen't wrong this year. Price gouging and the ticket scalpers all over it, I guess. Well my only option now is to listen to the Classic Rock Radio Station 92.5 and try to win free tickets.

Later, Terry

Well hi there everyone :D

Thanks to @@avdocatwork for the invite.  This is my first time in the groups section at CF so it's all very new to me, hopefully this is the correct place to post "hellos".

I haven't been on CF a lot recently because, quite frankly, my work internet banned CF about 3 or 4 months ago so I can't get on at work any more :lol:

I'm getting pretty tired of making customs now but I still got a few left in me yet :D

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hi @@PC Plum & @@GetTheLedOut, nice to meet you guys here :)

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@jhespada

Hi, jhespada

I did really enjoy playing that fine AC/DC Custom you got there. And it looks like it's getting a lot of interest on CustomsForge with the 135 downloads overnight. That Angus Young Lead Path really cooks, my fingers were flying, trying to keep up for sure. That is one for riff-repeater and quite a bit of time and practice to master it for sure, but it's just a blast to play, or should I say attempt to play, for me.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@PC Plum

Hi, PC Plum

Great to see you stopping by our little corner here at CF. Sorry to hear about the internet ban at work. I think outside interests are good for the morale of the employees, but no one listens to me, especially at work.  :D I remember running across your Bob Marley - Stir It UP Custom in 2014, and it got me motivated to chart Bob Marley's Buffalo Soldier. Buffalo Soldier used to be my top Custom with the most downloads, but just recently ZZ Top's Tush and my remake of the Sex Pistols - Anarchy in The U.K. just passed it up. Looking through your list of 261 Customs, I can tell our interests in the types of music are real similar. I have always enjoyed playing your Pink Floyd Customs and that Gilmour's Greatest Solos is Killer.

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

• Like 1

Hi @@PC Plum & @@GetTheLedOut, nice to meet you guys here

It's a privilege having you 2 All Star Charters around.  :clap:

@GetTheLedOut  Great work on "Pink Houses" and "I Ain't the One" Spent all night playing these 2 from you and "Crying" from @PCPlum. Can't thank you guys enough for your great Customs I play daily.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome all round :D

OK, I'll come straight out with it.  I have plans for a final blow out, a masterpiece of epic Classic Rock proportions...  now that the Toolkit allows "packs" I was going to make a Rory Gallagher Pack.

I got 6 songs lined up (with the potential for a seventh) and I was going to make them all and stick them out as one download in a "pack".

You all make customs so you know there are problems and I already hit a few snags.  The fkn shit bass tabs.

So, I got to thinking after arriving here that you guys maybe able to help.  I am talking about full on Rory Gallagher bass tabs so it's not for the faint hearted.  The GP files have pretty decent guitar and I can probably work the rest out myself, but I'm lost on bass when it gets complicated tbh.  I see some names here that could certainly pitch in though.

So, how about it?

A full on 7 pack Rory!

None of the songs are on here and I spent a few hours making sure I could get the correct audio for the correct tabs.  I had a best of CD that some of the tracks come from, but I had to go buy some audio too.  It's all CD quality audio and pretty good tabs.

Lemme know what you think, I will make a dedicated thread in the Classic Rock group forum and post up all the files (audio/tabs/EoF syncs).

TBH I could finish it myself.  It will take some months but I would get there.  But the bass would be lacking, and that is really what I need help with.

Rock on :D

• Like 6

@PC Plum

I for 1 would be happy to help with the Bass Paths. I have gotten better over the years playin' and charting Bass paths, but I'm still no expert. @@manchot66 and I have recently, been reworking our first batch of charted customs we ever made, I for one couldn't believe all the mistakes in mine. It's seldom I get feedback after posting a CDLC besides a few guys saying Thanks. But I have been recently, hearing from a few CF folks that are seriously liking some of the Customs I have put together and posted over the years. That's what got me motivated to contact you and @@GetTheLedOut and let you guys know there are a lot of us that really appreciate your time and dedication to charting customs, but never say much in posts. I was not very familiar with Rory Gallagher's music in my past, but not long ago @@RSBass had Charted a few of his tunes, and I really enjoyed playing them.

Later, Terry