New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@TheDeathryder

Yeah, I'm down from three guitars to one.  I need another for low strings.  I can't play any Dethklok now, except for the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle because that's in Drop D, I think.  I've found spending the extra bucks to get a little better model is worth it, especially with the pickups, and if you can get it set up just the way you want.  I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck in the mid-price range, which I still can't afford.  I think I spend more time looking at guitars than playing them.

A burnt lawn means more time in the A/C playing guitar.  Everybody wins.

I've got a nice program that comes with the Vox amp I just got called Jamvox.  It does a really good job at isolating guitar tracks from .mp3s.  It works best with singling out the rhythm guitar stuff due to the solos and higher notes being cut out because they're in the same range as the vocals.  A bunch of songs I was positive I had right, were off, sometimes way off.  Really helps when you've got a lot of distortion and can't tell when the individual strums are coming. 

I'd give you guys the verification code, but it will only allow one user, tried already.  If anyone would like me to run a track they're having trouble with through it or just want to see what it sounds like, let me know.  I'll record it in an .mp3 and send it back.

http://www.voxamps.com/jamvox

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Well finally, I have a decent version of Rainbow - Stone Cold completed. The only thing I'm not happy with is the last minute of the Bass line, I swear I was hearing triplet notes in it but when I went to play it, it didn't sound right. Maybe just my poor Bass skills. Might end up putting the old section back in that is from the section before the change up. I am sure you will see the changed section I put in there. The Lead and Rhythm Paths are not as easy to play as it looked like it would be when I was charting the paths.

Here's a link if anyone wants to give it a try. Good Luck.

Rainbow - Stone Cold - 1982 L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Played the UFO tunes last night, I was having trouble with my first version of Stone Cold's Bonus Rhythm track messing with the custom, it made the Rhythm Path not show up in Rocksmith. So I dropped out the Bonus track and Rhythm Path started showing up. What I saw and played in the UFO tunes so far look excellent to me. Will be playin' them some more this afternoon.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have moved on to the remake of The Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK Custom, I made back in July 2014 and after going through all the tracks and trying to straighten them up. It has been taking a lot of time to correct. I can't believe how awful it really is. I would be better off trashing it and starting all over again, It probably would go together quicker and easier for sure. Man I have really learned a lot about charting customs since then. I can spot all the mistakes so easily now.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

If I redo an old custom, I don't even look at the original.  I just start all over from the beginning.  It saves me the frustration of trying to fix the shit I screwed up the first time.  And it is amazing how bad the old ones are compared to what you can come up with now.  I wish my guitar playing had come that far.

• Like 1

@@jhespada

Just went to the local Guitar Center yesterday as well looking for a Dean V, but no dice.  They had a lower end Jackson Rhoads 2/3 V, which actually felt really nice just screwing around.  Apparently, none of the Guitar Centers in Chicago has a Schenker Dean in stock.  Sam Ash carries the Mustaine V and some others, but no Schenker model.

Santana is the debut studio album by Latin rock band Santana released in 1969.

"Jin-go-lo-ba" (or "Jingo") is a song by Nigerian percussionist, Babatunde Olatunji and covered by Santana.

Santana - Jingo  V 1.0  L  B

The Guitar Arrangement is a Combo Lead/Rhythm.

You can try it, if you want!

BTW: Song is tested and played with the BandFuse Cable...

• Like 1

@@RSBass

It really looks interesting RSBass, I never have attempted to play a Santana Song before. They sound real complicated, but I bet there really not, probably just all the different interments playing together, makes his tunes sound complicated. Now his solo's that's a different story, he can really work that fret-board for sure. Will give it a go soon, still need to go through manchot66's UFO tunes also.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

Actually, a lot of the Santana stuff isn't too hard.  You can actually play many of the riffs and solos because he's got a slower, bluesy style.  I enjoy playing this one, even though it's a sappy love song featuring Michelle Branch.   Okay, I admit it, I like the song, too.

Santana - Game of Love

• Like 1

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass

Played the Lead Path of Santana - Jingo  V 1.0  L  B

Charting looks great, songs audio great, Guitar tone a .5 up would be better. But you need to find a better Lead Guitar tone for sure, too clean for Santana, Try the Lead Guitar tone from the song Steve likes Santana - Game of Love  and I will try it again.

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Played the lead Paths on the UFO tunes. Songs audio levels great, Guitar Tones audio level great also, And the Guitar tone choice are great. You sure have excellent Guitar Tones for these UFO tunes. I know you have made quite a few of there Customs and have gone through a lot of tones to get them sounding good. On Love to Love's Lead you need to add lots of fills to give the Lead Guitar player something to do, long waits between the action on that one, maybe even add some of the keyboard chords, or strings sections, sounded like some orchestration Strings we're in there too.

UFO - Out in the Street - L, R, B

UFO - Love to Love - L, B

On Out in the Street Lead Great fun to play the combo of Rhythm and Lead. All sounds excellent and looks excellent also. Really awesome tune. Played the Rhythm  path a few days ago I think. And really liked it also but plan on going through it a time or two tonight for fun.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

OK Guys

Enjoyed playin' the new Customs.

My lousy scores listed below - but just went through them once and the UFO tunes a few times at full speed.

Santana - Jingo L B   L= 53%

UFO - Out in the Street - L, R, B  L=  48%  R= 62%

UFO - Love to Love - L, B  L= 71%

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

I noticed when playing UFO - Out in the Street, RS says I miss most of the slides even when I hit them, and there's lots of slides.  That's why the scores look low.  I was playing the rhythm for that song and thought I was killing it, but my score ended up in the 60's.  Still fun.

Rainbow - Stone Cold - This is classic early 80's rock.  Sounds like one of those early 80's songs that would be on a Stallone movie soundtrack, maybe when he walked into an arm wrestling match or something like that.  All the charting looks really good and volumes are good.  The main tone w/the Orange amp is a little hot for the softer parts of the songs like the intro and verse.  That tone almost sounds like a muted, bluesy tone.  The chorus, fills, and solos all have that heavier distortion sound, so they sound good.  I like the Orange tone a little better than the solo/fill tone, but that's just from how it sounds on my end. 

• Like 1

@@manchot66

You are right on, Steve I have been meaning to tweek up the Rainbow - Stone Cold tune some, Tone wise. Going through it a thousand times just kind of burned me out, as I'm sure same thing happens to all of us. That Bass line needs the change up I was talking about earlier and cut out the endings triplets charting and put in the earlier versions charting back in. Having to re-sync that last part of the Bass all over again is what I am dreading, but it has to be done, got to keep the Bass players happy too. 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@RSBass

Jingo - Great Santana song.  I would agree with avdoc about using a more distorted tone for the solos.  The second tone that plays through the fast chord sections has too much distortion.  It should be more of that classic muted Strat blues sound. 

I would speed up the lead track to at least 1.5.  That way the chord panes won't overlap during the fast sections.  Also, the note tails on the bends should be be shortened.  They can overlap the next note making it hard to see.

In the intro, the first bend on the 12th fret, e string sounds like a bend and rebend, rather than two separate bends. 

Found these "broken" notes where bends and notes don't match.  I think they just need bends added in "tech view":

http://i.imgur.com/xQFkIDd.png

http://i.imgur.com/lAs7nFN.png

http://i.imgur.com/mr6p86g.png

http://i.imgur.com/WjDnrFF.png

http://i.imgur.com/wEZn4Vp.png

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

I agree about UFO - Love to Love having a lot of dead air in there.  There's an acoustic track that plays through most of the song and has some really critical parts as far as the overall makeup of the song.  Ultimately, I would like to chart that track, but there are no accurate tabs that I can find and the acoustic can be difficult to hear over all the other noise in that song.  I used Jamvox to isolate it the best I could, and it's a little easier to hear, but still far beyond my playing level to be able to chart.  It sounds like there's finger picking going on.  If I tried charting it note by note, I'd turn to dust before it got done with my playing skill.  I'm gonna leave it the way it is for now and hope in the future I can get it done.  I think the hardcore UFO fans will enjoy playing just the electric part, but more will complain, of course. 

Just spittin' these songs out now.  This one is redone from scratch.  Used new tabs, tones, etc.  The bass now has something to do with the song.  One of my first customs, much better now.

Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes v2.0 - L, L+, R, B

Lead is a combo of two electric tracks.  Bonus lead is just the secondary electric track (bit of dead air on this one).  Rhythm is acoustic.

Next: redoing Joe Walsh's Life's Been Good and taking a shot at ELO's Do Ya.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Well, I tried to get Guests at the CRC to get involved at the Social Group here and it seems like a NO-Go for sure. I have tried with the Custom Preview area and had very little interest and no feedback from guests at all. I'm thinking about closing the Guest section completely, and closing The Classic Rock Coalition to just Full Members only. Tried and tried to get some interest by Guests, but it feels like beating a dead horse now. When CF started the new ignition cdlc search engine it really made the Magna Charters feel like they are wasting there time Charting Customs and posting them to CF. Basically I'm charting Customs that I have always wanted to play, and playing all the Customs you  guys have charted is a bonus and privilege for me. So now I have decided to quit posting my customs to CustomsForge and only posting them here at The Classic Rock Coalition Social Group for you guys if you want to play them.

Later, Terry aka avdocatwork

• Like 3

@@avdocatwork

@@manchot66

Santana - Jingo: Thanks a lot for your feedback in detail!

The hints was very helpful.

I hope the most mistakes are removed.

Changed in Version 1.1

- Broken bendings fixed in high e string fret 12 and other small mistakes

- lead overdrive guit volume is little bit higher

- clean tone reverb removed

- lead path scroll speed by 1.5 (but not much better with overlap notes) I can't cutting the note tail, on the end are most tech notes placed.

The overdrive tone frome "Game of Love" is not my Fav. sorry.

I use the original tone from "Oye como va". I'm still looking for a better tone....

Santana - Jingo  V 1.1  L  B

Thanks Guys!

The second Santana Song is ready for play:

Santana - Song of the wind  v 1.0  L  B

from the legendary Album Caravanserai (1972)

That's a hard Thing Terry :D DD has 16(!) Levels.The Song was very hard to sync without drum track and lead and bass Tab was not 100% correct.

In the pipe is my Fav Song from John Lee Hooker ft. Santana - "the Healer" .

• Like 2

FYI - I am working on a multi-track, live version of Thunderstruck by AC/DC right now. Hoping to have a cdlc for the full songs and then separate files for No-Lead, No-Rhythm, No-Bass tracks that will allow players to play those parts and only hear their instrument with the rest of the band. 

In other words, the particular track will be muted. For example, No-Lead will have the lead guitar track muted out so you can hear all your imperfect notes, if you are like me :).

• Like 2

@@RSBass

Jingo v1.1 - Still have to agree with avdoc on the lead tone.  It has a twangy, country sound when played now rather than a howling distorted sound.  It's easier to see chords now with increased speed.  Found two broken notes in the 1st and 7th sections on G string bends.

Song of the Wind - Same thoughts on lead tone as Jingo.  Charting, speed, and volumes are good.  Eight or nine broken notes on bends on the e and G strings.

• Like 1