New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Thanks for the song list. That Bass Tab White Pages saved my ass on a few customs already. I posted the list at the full members resources area.

I also finished Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It - 1984 L, R, B & V With Bonus Lead. Re-charted the Lead Solo - turned out pretty good, I think. Used the un-pitched slide - down as the Tremolo/Whammy bar dive sounds OK to me.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

We have another full member joining us here at The CRC Social Group TheDeathryder. It looks like TheDeathryder is a 6-String Guitar and Bass Guitar Player who has charted 5 Custom so far, but has only been a member of CustomsForge since Feb 2016. So Welcome TheDeathryder to The Classic Rock Coalition Social Group.

Later, avdocatwork - aka Terry

@Antithez @vigonsky2009 @JamesPrestonUK @RobotMom
@Gnobiwan @troyza1981 @Liquidlizard @Tank-OR
  • Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Sorry, been slacking.  Will play Twisted Sister and SRV tomorrow.  Got caught up working on more UFO.  I think it's becoming a sickness.  I keep looking at Schenker's signature Dean guitar on Amazon and some uncontrollable force wants me to hit "add to cart" so bad.  Must resist ...

• Like 3

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

There's always room on CustomsForge for more UFO Customs. Looked up those MS Series Dean Guitars - Nice.

Here are the links to the two Customs of the 80's 3-pack I am working on. I have started the third yesterday - Rainbow - Stone Cold - 1982. Have all the tracks charted but the GP files didn't complete the last 30 seconds of the Rhythm and Lead paths. Have another GP file that may have the ending of the tracks will have to combine them to get it finished.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Look At Little Sister - 1985 L, R. B & V

http://i.imgur.com/qHMDfbj.jpg

• Like 4

@@avdocatwork

I'd be happy with just one of those axes.  Second from the right, if I had my choice.   Honestly, I like the look of the Gibson Flying V much better, but you can get double the guitar from Dean for less than half the price of the Gibson, plus better pickups on the Dean.

Played both SRV and Twisted Sister.  Everything looks and sounds good.  Finally, an SRV song I can play.  Twisted Sister is just pure happiness when you hit those chords, feel like doing some Pete Townshend windmills on this one, but looks quite tiring.

tumblr_nynan8EB8g1ulayn2o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Here's UFO's Love to Love, if anyone would like to give it a shot.  I didn't chart the acoustic/clean electric rhythm track.  I didn't have a good tab and often can't hear the acoustic under everything else, so I just scrapped it.  But all the cool distorted guitar parts and bass are still there.  Did a lot of the bass by ear, but I think it turned out pretty good.

UFO - Love to Love - L & B

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Glad you like my latest Customs, I was certainly surprised they turned out pretty decent.

Yeah, Pete is dangerous with those Guitars. I heard he pop'ed one of the band members on the head for being late for practice, can't remember who though. Ouch!  :astonished: 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@avdocatwork @manchot66 - Im glad you guys brought up the Flying V. I always wanted one but didnt want to shell out the cash for it. So, you recommend this guy's guitars? You feel it performs better than a Gibson? Any info you can provide would be great. Thanks

Never listened to UFO before but will try and test some of those songs soon.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Just wanted to let you know that this Custom by Rainbow - Stone Cold - 1982 is turning out to be an amazing tune. Finally getting it put together with the two different GuitarPro files and combining all the tracks together. There is going to be a bonus Rhythm track, Keyboard arranged for Guitar, not going to make a track for organ arranged for Guitar it has a lot of impossible chords that I think very few people could be able to fret them correctly. Maybe people with 6 inch long fingers might be able to do it. Like that guy Johnny Depp had in that Dark Shadows movie. The Bass Path looks simple enough so I just might put down my pick and learn how to finger play the Bass, great tune to learn with. The tune is slow enough looks like it won't be too difficult to play any of the tracks.

Also I am re-charting one of my old customs Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK - 1977 and also charting a live version of the same tune. It is also like the Rainbow - Stone Cold tune but with these I will be combining three different GuitarPro files to make two versions of the tune. It is really turning into a pretty big project, but I feel I need to get it done, I charted that tune 5/20/2014, I have learned a lot more about charting customs since then.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@jhespada

The Gibson V starts out at $1300, $1650 with hotter pickups.  Both Dean and Gibson made of mahogany with set mahogany neck, Grover tuners, etc.  Both have same dimensions as far as I can tell.  The Dean I would like is called the 2004 model.  It comes with the better Schenker Lights Out pickups in neck and bridge, rather than the stock Dean pickups of the lower priced models.  The Schenker 2004 model goes for $750, and the Yin-Yang model goes for $660 and is the same as the 2004 but different paint job.  Both have ebony fretboard and pearl inlays.  I'm not a huge fan of the Dean headstock, but what can you do.

I've played the Yin-Yang at the store (they didn't have a 2004) and liked it.  I know a lot of people hate playing the V, especially while sitting.  I play classical style rather than on my right leg.  I'm 6", 290 and playing on my leg just doesn't work for me.  I blame genetics, pizza, and cheeseburgers.  Anyways, the the V sits nice in classical style.  When I play my Les Paul, the butt end is pushing my right leg to the right becuase I want the guitar more centered on my body, rather than sticking too far out to my left, leaving me "reaching" for those chords on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd frets, which tires your arm and hands out fast.  With the V, it feels like the fretboard is right in front of me and my left arm is relaxed.  And unlike the LP, playing above the 15th fret doesn't make you do origami with your left hand.  You've got ultimate access to those high frets which Schenker et al. use often.  Dean also had C neck which is a little fatter than the Gibson tapered D, so less hand fatigue when your fingering power chords, etc.

Here's a video of Dean rep playing the Yin-Yang.  Know you haven't heard any UFO, but when he starts playing Rock Bottom, I get giddy.

• Like 2

Finished up another UFO tune and made a few changes on Love to Love.  I'm vowing not to do any new UFO songs until I've redone some old songs that desperately need it.  Going to start with Mott the Hoople and Joe Walsh then move on to old UFO.

UFO - Out in the Street - L, R, B

UFO - Love to Love - L, B

Hope everybody has a good weekend.  Might get snow here.

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I'm spending this weekend playing Guitar and tweaking all my new customs. And for sure going to add your great UFO tunes to the Play list and run through them a few times. The Rainbow tune I'm charting is coming along nicely. Just finished the third complete charting of all the Guitar and keyboard paths and just have to put in fills in all the tracks to keep the Guitarists busy throughout the tune. A couple more hours on it and I will have it completed and packed for a first version.

It's been grey skies and in the low to mid 60's here in Dallas, TX all day. Coat weather for us for sure. But I bet it's compared to a warm spring day for you guys up in the northern states, maybe even hang out at the pool swimming weather.  :D

The past week I have made plans on revamping my older customs have started collecting information and plans to fix up and probably re-chart all my old customs.

Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The Uk

Deep Purple - Knocking At Your Back Door  - 1984

Deep Purple - Woman From Tokyo

T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On) - 1971

ZZ Top - Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers

ZZ Top - Nasty Dogs And Funky Kings Fandango - 1975

Didn't know how to make a DD version back then, even plan on making Multi-track and practice tracks and just play along with Backing Track versions for them also. Looks like I'm going to be a busy son of a gun all this next week or so. My Wife has been hinting lately that I need to spend more time with her and the kids, so I guess it's going to be worked on later at night for me. Got to keep the Wife and Kids happy, and keep out of trouble.

Good news a friend from work wants to come over to my place and play RockSmith with me this Sunday, I am pretty sure he is a beginning Guitarist,  but I can show him what fun playin' RockSmith is like and he might get into it and stop by my place and play more often in the future.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

60's is shorts, t-shirt, and windows down weather here.  When I lived in L.A. and it got down into the 60's, people would wear knit hats, mittens, and big puffy ski coats.  Soon it will be 90 with 95% humidity, so I won't complain.

My old customs are really bad.  I have a bassline on All the Young Dudes that has nothing to do with that song.  I have four GP tabs, a bass tab, and a lead tab all working on the song now.  It was so much easier when I didn't know what I was doing.  Could always feign stupidity.

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I am in the same boat with you on the first bunch of charted tunes, I have made, but having the privilege of playing yours, I really had a blast playing them, and I'm not BS'n. If they were a little off I didn't notice it at all - pretty much knew the song and Instinctively played through it. And you know in the earlier days here at The CRC, I wouldn't test the Bass lines, but now I am having fun playing them and trying to improve my skills at it. But hanging out with Jerry @@jbroch that one day and watching his Bass videos, I know I am better off sticking to the 6-String Guitar for sure. But seeing Jerry play the Bass like the way he does, It makes me want to spend more time on improving my skills on playing the Bass also.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Sorry, been slacking.  Will play Twisted Sister and SRV tomorrow.  Got caught up working on more UFO.  I think it's becoming a sickness.  I keep looking at Schenker's signature Dean guitar on Amazon and some uncontrollable force wants me to hit "add to cart" so bad.  Must resist ...

You can't go wrong with a Dean. I have a Dean ML X (the body style Dimebag Darrell made famous), and I love it, even in spite of the fact that I can't play it to save my life lol. I've been eyeballing a Dean Metalman 2A Z bass for a while now, I love the explorer body style.

• Like 2

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation

You can't go wrong with a Dean. I have a Dean ML X (the body style Dimebag Darrell made famous), and I love it, even in spite of the fact that I can't play it to save my life lol. I've been eyeballing a Dean Metalman 2A Z bass for a while now, I love the explorer body style.

So, you're happy with the Quality of the Dean?  Where was yours made?  I think some are made in China, some in Korea, and the US (which I could never afford).  Just wondering if there is a quality difference between countries.  That Dimebag guitar is wicked, with some awesome screamers for pickups.  I would probably poke my eye out or stab the dog with all those pointy bits, though.

Dean Zelinsky, the guy who started Dean in his garage is from around here and has his own private shop where he is making beautiful custom guitars for sale only on the web.  Not really the traditional heavy metal guitars Dean makes, but there pretty to look at and are very reasonably priced.  You can actually walk into the shop and have a conversation with him, which is rare today.  https://deanzelinsky.com/

• Like 1

@@manchot66 On the back of the headstock mine says "Made in China" and "Inspected and Adjusted in the USA"  Mine is one of the low end ones, I found it in a pawn shop for $100 after I negotiated for a $30 discount plus a strap.

I have a little Line 6 Spider 3 30w 12" amp that I use with it, and it gets a very good clean sound before you start adding affects to it.  I use a Kustom K100 100w amp with my Yamaha RBX260 bass, and it gets a great clean sound as well.  I'm just not a fan of the demonator body style that the majority of bass guitars you see in shops have.  The local shop here doesn't even offer other body styles for bass at all.  Hell, last time I was in there they only had 3 warlock, 3 flying-v, and 2 explorer body styles for guitars, everything else is les paul.

I'm getting lucky with the Metalman, I can order it through Walmart, and since my mom works there, I can get 10% off :D

• Like 1

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation

@@manchot66

Just checked out that website for Dean guitars you posted, I'm thinking for the price I might just save a little longer and get a custom build.  Would be nice to have it set up for heavy strings off the bat rather than ordering a bass, then having to take it to a shop to have the work done for it to fit the telephone cables I want for low tuning lol.  Figure I can have my Yamaha setup for E Standard, have the dean set up for B Standard, then find another few pawn shop bargains for D and C Standard.  I'm gonna need to set up some racks on my wall lol.

• Like 1

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation