New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@jhespada

Hi, jhespada

It's great to see you hanging out here and checking us out at the CRC, there have been some really awesome Classic Rock Customs showing up here lately and I have been having a blast playing them. I haven't got to you Iggy Pop - Search and Destroy yet but will soon. Looked it up on YouTube to check it out - Sounds like a tune right up my alley for sure.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Well I posted the CCR Customs I had been working on for the past month it seems like. Glad to have them done and it looks like they are getting some interest on CustomsForge. My next 3-Pack I was figuring on doing some 80's tunes. First one I have always wanted to chart and got it almost done already - Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It - 1984. I was surprised someone hasn't charted it yet.

Well here is a pretty decent version I have charted, the song is really easy to play, everyone should be getting a score in the high 90's in there first few tries for sure.

Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It - 1984 V3.5 -2 -29 -27 -27 -  L, Bonus L (Guitar 3), R and B - No Vocals yet.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

For the JW solos and any really hard solos, that is the time where you close your eyes and play your pentatonic scales in the right box and hope for the best :)

Also, thanks for getting me back into the CCR mindset. Born on the Bayou is one of my all time favorite RS songs to play and I dl'd your 3 pack and will give them a go soon.

Search and Destroy is a really powerful tune and really rocks. The song as a whole isnt too hard once you find that groove. The one impossible part for me is one small section of the solo. You will know it when you see it....

• Like 1

@@manchot66

@@avdocatwork

@@jhespada

thanks for playing J. Winter.

The Balance between audio and Guit.tone was not 100% perfect.

Hwy61 is a  low level record and is compressed too, like the JJF record.

JJF is too loud? O.k. i can reduce the audio volume in toolkit...

All my audio are regular mp3, but compressed with audacity effect. This gives a better density in the sound. ( you be careful, if use the compressor and later check of clipping with analyzer in AC)

Vocals for both are ready. The B. Dylan lyrics at Hwy 61 is very hard to sync :)

Thanks for your feedback guys!!!

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

We're Not Gonna Take It is a lot of fun to play.  Sounds good so far.  The Orange Tiny Terror sounds nice, always wanted to use the Orange amps but the volumes are so low in the game.  A few slides and bends in the solos and you're there.  Reminds me of Friday Night Videos in the 80's for those of us who didn't have MTV.

@@jhespada

Attempted to play Search and Destroy, made a mess of it, but not as bad as Courtney Love.  Everything sounds good.  I know this sounds counter intuitive, but if you speed the chart up, it's easier to play in the game.  With a song like this with a lot of chord panes, when the speed is slow, they tend to overlap and can be hard to distinguish from one another.  I would try a speed of between 1.2 and 1.4, but that's just me.   It may seem fast at first when you play, but your eye will quickly catch up.

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

We're Not Gonna Take It is a lot of fun to play.  Sounds good so far.  The Orange Tiny Terror sounds nice, always wanted to use the Orange amps but the volumes are so low in the game.  A few slides and bends in the solos and you're there.  Reminds me of Friday Night Videos in the 80's for those of us who didn't have MTV.

Thanks, Steve

You were lucky not to have MTV at the time - This tune was on every hour for darn near a year straight - it seemed like to me. But missing Headbangers Ball on MTV, I couldn't live without it at the time, for sure.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/CesspollOfSkulls/MTVsHBB-Logo1_zps8347c190.jpg

I will be learning something new with the solo on this one too. Charting the Tremolo Bar dives and Tremolo Bar Vibrato's and all the other weird Guitar tricks thrown into the solo. I've got the pdf of the sheet music and the Multi-Track audio files for this one so I think I should be able to get it fixed up pretty good. I had fun playing it too - Love the easy tunes with lots of simple power chords.

Later, Terry
  • Like 1

@@jhespada

Hi, Jhespada

Thanks, for the feedback on the Bass line too. I haven't got back to - We're not gonna Take It, yet. I got bored and moved on to Stevie Ray Vaughan - Look At Little Sister only have the Bass Path to finish on it, then back to finish off the Twisted Sister Tune.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hello all,

Anyone else having trouble with sections/phrases in EoF.  If I redo sections or do them for the first time, they get all f'd up.  Just started happening a couple days ago.  It will show some sections and not others.  Some tracks I can only put one section on for some reason.  Going to try and reinstall EoF and see what happens.  Just wondering if anybody else has seen this.

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I just finished the Bass line, (Last Track) on SRV - Look At Little Sister and I am just about to make the sections for it now, will let you know if I have any problems with it here.

​Edit: 10:05 PM - Sections went in fine here - There is a Sax Solo right before the Guitar solo. I just listed them as two separate solo's.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Yeah, Steve

I've had both EOF and the Toolkit flake out on me a few times in the past. Had to reinstall then it worked fine again. I guess we are just wearing the programs out or something. :D 

I have been testing out my new Custom Stevie Ray Vaughan - Look At Little Sister - 1985 - It's the funnest one I think I have ever made - A fast Blues Shuffle in E Major I have played it about 6 Times and have got the Rhythm Path pretty much down. Lead isn't to Bad to play either compared to a lot of his other songs.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I finally got the SRV - Look At Little Sister Custom completed. I found a nice Bass line in the Bass Tab White Pages it's 37.8 Meg - with 200-songs charted for Bass. If anyone would like a PDF copy I can post a link. All the Bass lines I had found on the Internet were useless and inaccurate, but I think all you Bass players will be pleased with the Bass Path. It's too difficult for me to keep up with, But I am lovin' The Lead and Rhythm Path's.

The tune is a fast Blues Shuffle in Eb - Bass is in Eb also. Here's a link to it if anyone wants to give it a try. I hope everyone has as much fun playin' it, as I have been

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Look At Little Sister - 1985 L, R. B & V

Now back to the Twisted Sister tune to finish it off.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

Is there any way in EOF to chart a vibrato with a Tremolo/Whammy bar.

Or a gradual dive with a Tremolo/Whammy bar. I kind of researched it but didn't find anything.

Edit: 1:18 pm

I am going to try the un-pitched slide - down as the Tremolo/Whammy bar dives and see if it's close. Never tried that yet.

Later, Terry