New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Two new songs from the psychedelic album "Their Satanic Majesties Request" 1967

The Rolling Stones - 2000 Light Years from Home V0.9  R B

The Rolling Stones - She's a Rainbow V0.9  2xL R B

She's a rainbow GP Tab was a good source, but very incorrectly in lead (miising notes added) and Bass (wrong notes corrected, i hope ;) ). All Tracks have many breaks. The lead path has fills with some rhythm parts with easy versions of rthm chords as combo. In bonus Track is only the lead part.

It's good to play all!

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I have used the sideways pick style for many many years, I guess since the early 80's, but mainly when I was attempting lead solo's by the Rev. Willie G - Billy Gibbons - ZZ Top. The sideways string picking in his style is mainly used when he hits the pinch harmonics, which are heard through out a lot of his solos. The way I learned it was turn the pick sideways pick the string and let the fleshly part of your thumb tap the string to get the ringing harmonic tone - (Pinch Harmonic). The Rev. Willie G is a master at it, and I do a cheap imitation for sure, but a lot of times I hit it right and make it scream.

@@RSBass

Like the choice on the Stones Tunes. I am pretty sure I can get to them this weekend. Things have been pretty hectic around here and at work lately. 

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@RSBass

Stones - 2000 Light Years - Charting looks good.  Tone volume could be louder, hard to hear compared to song.

Stones - She's a Rainbow - Charting is good.  Rhythm tone is very soft.  Lead tones are not as quiet, but could use more volume.

Other than a few volume adjustments, everything looks great.  Enjoyed playing these, thanks.

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

I think I'm going to have to play with the pick sideways from now on.  It feels odd to go back to the normal way.  Got to work on getting in deeper on the little strings with the pick sideways.  That's the only down side I'm having so far is it's easier to pick the little strings with the sharper edge than the blunter side.

• Like 1

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass

Played through the Lead and Rhythm Paths on the Stones tunes, Very good and both are fun to play. You just need to adjust the Guitar tone volume levels like manchot66 suggested and you will have two more fine Customs there.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I am sure I have a very playable and decent version of CCR's Suzie Q now. I took all of @@manchot66 suggestions and reworked both Lead and Rhythm Paths. I also charted Guitar 3 and packed it as a Bonus Lead path also. I still haven't figured out how to see or play a bonus track. If anyone out there can see the bonus track I made let me know if it's there or not. I also completed the Bass Path, I charted the Bass Path straight out and did not go in depth on the slight variations in the Bass Path. I think it has become pretty decent. It could use a run-through of all tracks and tighten up the sync, but that is for another time, just getting all of the CCR tunes this far was a real challenging task. And I added a Tone change on the Lead Solo's. Put in a Reverb - the old amp coil spring reverb to try it out and I think it sounds and fits pretty good.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Suzie Q - 1968 V4.5  L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

To see the bonus tracks in the game, go to your song, and at the bottom of the screen, I believe it says ""Bonus Arrangements".  Click on that to see if your bonus track shows up.  You can't tell if a song has a bonus track until you click on that which is something Ubisoft should have fixed long ago.  Also, the bonus track will only show up for the instrument you are on, i.e. the lead bonus only shows up when playing lead, rhythm on the rhythm screen, etc.

• Like 1

@@RSBass

When I used headphones, people would always say my tone volumes were low even though they sound good to me.  Everyone's setup is different, we'll never all have the same sounds and volumes.   The charting is what's really important, and your charting is awesome.

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I finally found where the access to Bonus tracks are in Rocksmith2014, with your help. I always play the Customs in the Non-Stop Play section, found the Bonus track access in the Play A Song section. Looked up Suzie Q and saw the option for Bonus Lead - But found a problem with it some kind of wrong Custom tuning is set on it, I used the Bass22 path for the second Lead but checked for right number of strings and tuning I thought, will have to check it again and try to get it set up right or just remove it. Really a pain to get too and you are right Ubi should come up with a better idea with that option for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Sometimes when you convert bass tracks in EoF to six string tracks, the tuning gets all screwed up.  I've fixed it, then gone back and it's screwed up again.  Just one of those goofy glitches that shows up now and then.  Going to give new Suzie Q a shot tonight.  UFO's Love to Love might be the end of me, lead path is about 1/3 done.

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Excited to see some new UFO - Great tune, looked  it up. Is that piano playing throughout the first part of the tune ? - 7 to 8 minuets looks like a chore for sure. Hey I'm a poet and didn't even know it. Well, always liked UFO and pretty much all the tunes you chart. Gives me a chance to play many great tunes that I listened too in the past. And gives me a chance to re-live some rockin' memories. 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Time for my tribute to Johnny Winter

From the third sudio album "second winter" 1969 the B. Dylan cover

Johnny Winter - Highway 61 revisited v0. 9 L B

Tuning for Lead is open D

Tuning for Bass is E Standard

It's hard to sync, but now succeeded.

I think, it's better to play with Bottleneck and heavier strings or extra modified bottleneck-/slide guitar.

Is anybody here to play and test this tune?

The second Song is a Stones Cover from Album "Live Johnny Winter And" 1971

Johnny Winter - Jumping Jack Flash v0.9  L  R  B

@@avdocatwork

Suzie Q - In the 5th section, your missing a phrase.  It's the main riff repeating and it's missing one of the times.  Other than that, charting looks really tight.  I like how the main riff plays now.  I would still add a good helping of distortion on those tones, especially the solos where the guitar makes that "woo" sound.

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass

I am half way tightening up the sync on the Bass Line and I have found a few spots that I had to correct the notes, I also am sure I will find more before I'm finished.

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

Plan on running through and correcting the Lead Path also. Will look for the problem in the 5th section. Will try to add some distortion and try to get the Guitar Tone sounding closer to what CCR has going on also in the tune if I can.

Thanks, Guys

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@RSBass

Jumpin' Jack Flash - Great version of this song.  Charting looks good.  Tone volume is just a little soft on my setup.

Highway 61 - Everything looks good.  I need a lot of practice on this one.  Song volume is a little low.  Tone volume is okay.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

If you want a laugh, check this out.  Courtney Love stiffed a sound engineer at a concert, so the engineer released a copy of her vocals and guitar isolated.  At least I know there is one guitar player out there worse than I am.  Thinking about doing this one for a custom.

http://trendinghot.tv/courtney-loves-sound-engineer-didnt-get-paid-isolated-vocals-guitar-holy-cow-hear-awful/

Hey guys,

If you want a laugh, check this out. Courtney Love stiffed a sound engineer at a concert, so the engineer released a copy of her vocals and guitar isolated. At least I know there is one guitar player out there worse than I am. Thinking about doing this one for a custom.

http://trendinghot.tv/courtney-loves-sound-engineer-didnt-get-paid-isolated-vocals-guitar-holy-cow-hear-awful/

Oh my...that tone....

• Like 2

Time for my tribute to Johnny Winter

From the third sudio album "second winter" 1969 the B. Dylan cover

Johnny Winter - Highway 61 revisited v0. 9 L B

Tuning for Lead is open D

Tuning for Bass is E Standard

It's hard to sync, but now succeeded.

I think, it's better to play with Bottleneck and heavier strings or extra modified bottleneck-/slide guitar.

Is anybody here to play and test this tune?

The second Song is a Stones Cover from Album "Live Johnny Winter And" 1971

Johnny Winter - Jumping Jack Flash v0.9 L R B

Dude.....I can't believe you have this version of JJF!!! I wanted to chart either this version or Frampton's live version. I will give this a go sometime soon. The solo will probably be nuts but I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

@RSBass 

I just played JJF on rhythm and lead. I was right - the solo kicked my arse.

Rhtyhm I actually found tougher than lead! Here are my thoughts:

Sync - Pretty spot on. I did not notice anything lagging or speeding up.

Audio - Audio was loud but in a good way. Quality seemed to be higher than standard mp3 but I could be wrong. Can you tell me how you created the audio and if it is better than mp3?

Tone - Tone seemed pretty good. JW's tone seems to use some more bass and has a bit more bite to it but the tone you provided is really good. Im not a technical tone person so its hard to explain it from a technical sense.

Overall this is an awesome cdlc and one I will be playing for a while. Goal is to get to 85% on lead!

• Like 2

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass

I had a chance to get to your Johnny Winter Customs. Highway 61 - awesome with that open D tuning sounded really good Guitar Tone and songs volume levels. That's how I like the Customs Loud and jammin'. Sync on it and Jumping Jack Flash both look good to me. The solos as @@jhespada has said, I agree with really moving along and hard to keep up with for me. But expected if I could play His tunes easily I would be making a living at Guitar Playin' for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1