New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@avdocatwork

Terry both of these are synced perfectly and play well on my end, well the chart does, not so much for me.. 

Sorry both are blocked in Germany on Screwtube...

Run through the jungle 

Green River

Jerry

• Like 1

Bass players,

Would you prefer to play this section the first way or the second way?  It doesn't make any difference which one leads into the next section.  Any preferences?

Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/QVMq8Cd.png

http://i.imgur.com/WAVjqPs.png

I disagree with the other guys. Option 1 is far better. With option 2 you get two open strings ringing out at the same time. No serious bass player would use option 2.

• Like 2

@@RSBass Yeah, I realize now that it sounds a little harsh and it's always debatable how to play a certain passage but option 1 is pretty failsafe. Depending on the previous and following phrases though it might end up making things more difficult, so without context it's hard to judge the situation. Seeing what I see here, I'd use option 1.

• Like 3

long time no see Hello everyone 

been helping some one learn how to write customs and did a couple heavy songs

so now back to some classic rock i have two songs for testing 

syncing and tones 

Janis Joplin - Piece Of My Heart L&R looking for bass on this one 

Janis Joplin Move Over  L&B  don't know about the bass on this one but it was there 

see lot of new faces Hello an  welcome 

and to older one  Hello

good to see you are back manchot66

• Like 3

@@Crossbolt242

Hi, Crossbolt

Checked out Janis Joplin - Piece Of My Hear and Move Over on Youtube, had to refresh my memory on her tunes, great Guitar and Bass work on the excellent tunes. Great choice  on the Classic Rock tunes for sure. What about "Me And Bobby McGee" and make it a 3-Pack. :D Oh, I checked and someone already made it.

Keep Rockin'

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Bass players,

Would you prefer to play this section the first way or the second way?  It doesn't make any difference which one leads into the next section.  Any preferences?

Thanks.

I disagree with the other guys. Option 1 is far better. With option 2 you get two open strings ringing out at the same time. No serious bass player would use option 2.

The vote is split, but I'm going to go with option 1.  I agree about the open strings ringing out.  Thanks, guys.

• Like 1

A simple riff, but it's fun to play....

Deep Purple Roots, the early years - i liked!

You can try it and make your pose while the play, but the Lead solo needs a full man again
:D

Deep Purple - Demon's Eye V1.1  L R B

from Fireball album 1971

The audio is remastered 1996 and taked from the Fireball Anniversary Edition Album

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Looks like I'm going to busy playin' some great tunes this evening Crossbolt's

Janis Joplin - Piece Of My Heart L&R and Janis Joplin Move Over  L&B

And RSBass's

Deep Purple - Demon's Eye V1.1  L R B

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I stopped by the Guitar Center the other day to look at the Vox Amps. The one in the picture is just the 20 watt one. They didn't have the one your getting.

Later, Terry

http://i.imgur.com/CjUywd1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kCwkIvz.jpg

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I stopped by the Guitar Center the other day to look at the Vox Amps. The one in the picture is just the 20 watt one. They didn't have the one your getting.

Later, Terry

The one on the left is a step up from the model I have, except it's 20W instead of 30W.  The same electronics but the tones on that model are a little more customizable than the one I have.  My little hunk of shit sounds great to me and is pretty loud, loud enough to play with drums.  That's a good price at $179 though, usually those are about $200.

Playing with the amp doesn't give you anywhere to hide your mistakes.  When playing with the music on RS, so many of my errors get covered up by the music and the sound of the real guitar track.  It's good because I can really hear what I sound like now and hope to correct my errors.  I thought I was Eddie Van Halen playing along before, now I feel like Eddie Munster.

• Like 3

Hey Man don't be to hard on yourself bud, one of the cool things about RS is the fact that we all get to not only play along to the full band, but we get the benefit of having our instruments put through digital gear, all those tones, mixers and gadgets. SO the sounds you make on Rocksmith are more then just what your playing. When your just straight through on an amp its raw and unaltered by all the back stage studio mixing magic. And these guys, our beloved masters of rock and roll, well they are just that! They played everyday, wrote these songs, know them by heart, had a floor full of effects pedals and stomp boxes altering their stock gear,  and got PAID to do that. (once they stopped feeling like eddie munster) SO in the end. I'd say RS helps compensate for all those things and provides we, the less able to become paid "working men" and gives us that enjoyable experience... Just my 2  chords ;) 

• Like 2

@@Crossbolt242

Hi, Crossbolt

I only had a chance to run through the Lead paths on the two Janis Joplin Janis Joplin - Piece Of My Heart L&R Janis Joplin Move Over  L&B

Great work on them, The main riff's in the Verse and Chorus's are very good Guitar Tone and Tones volume levels. I didn't see if there were tone changes in the Lead Path, or they could have passed by without me noticing it. But during the solos you may want to find a better Guitar tone and raise the volume level during the solo's only. The rest of the song was just great and sounded spot on - on my Rocksmith setup.

Will play again tonight to double check and will also get to the Rhythm and Bass Paths.

Later, Terry

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass

Great tune your - Deep Purple - Demon's Eye V1.1  L R B Custom  But the music's audio level is covering up the Lead Guitar audio levels, I did see tone changes in this one but you could barely hear yourself playing  - so all Guitar Tones in the Lead Path need to be raised and add a little extra volume for the tone level during the solo's and that Custom will be Awesome.

Will play again tonight to double check and also will get to the Rhythm and Bass Paths.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Played same songs as Avdoc last night.

@Crossbolt242

Joplin - Move Over:  Some notes in solo right before it gets really fast seemed a little out of sync.  In the outro, there's phrases where there shouldn't be and some phrases missing all the notes.  I noticed the main riff changes slightly throughout the song, but they're all charted the same.  Sometimes, it's two hits on the string rather than a bend, etc.  Tones sound good.  I agree with Avdoc's recomendations on volumes.

Joplin - Piece of My Heart:  From what I could hear, everything looks good.  Hard to distinguish between lead and rhythm because they play similar parts, so can be hard to tell.

@@RSBass

Deep Purple - Morning Eye:  Awesome song, great riff.  Looks good, like the tone.  Fret hand positions get a little goofy sometimes but still playable.  Defer volumes to what Avdoc says.

• Like 3

Here's my third try at getting UFO - Only You Can Rock Me right.  Redone from scratch with new tab, much more playable.  Bass line can be hard to hear at times, so I did the best I could.  L and R are easy to pick up with lots of power chords, until Schenker does some ridiculous solo, of course.  Cool bass line as well.  If anyone would like to give it a try: Only You Can Rock Me v3

If there's any more songs anyone would like me to give a try, just let me know.  Been busy screwing around with amp the last few days.

• Like 2

Not sure if you guys have seen it yet but I released Billy Joel's "Captain Jack" yesterday. I transcribed everything from scratch using Rockband multitracks and it would be cool to have some feedback regarding chart and tone quality. There's no-bass and no-guitar versions as well if you really wanna hear yourself play. :D

• Like 3

Hey Steve and Terry, thanks for your patience with me :mellow:

I hope, it's right now - all tone are (extreme)higher and the Lead solo tone extra one more higher.

In vocals double scrolling from some lines fixed.

Deep Purple - Demon's Eye V1.6  L R B V

Give me a positive feedback PLEASE :D 

Thank you!

• Like 1