New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Guys

I think I finally have a decent version of CCR's Green River. I did use RSBass's Bass tone suggestion and I think the Bass Path sounds awesome. It's not too darn hard either, to play, if I can pretty much keep up with it. I extended the Rhythm Path playing, chord strumming pattern all the way through the song. I also added the Multi-Tracks to it. And got all the chord changes lined up right I think.  

Here's a link to all of them, if anyone wants to give this cool song a try.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River - 1969 V3.5 L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 3

manchot66, on 17 Feb 2016 - 9:38 PM, said:

Just bought a cheap little amp and a splitter so I can play Rocksmith and the amp simultaneously.   

Hi, Steve

Just checked out that Vox VXll Guitar Amp. In the write up on it, it says you can make it sound like many different brands of Amps. with the software included. It's amazing at the advancement in electronics and computers now days. I can't wait until they develop a cheap Guitar that can be programmed to sound like a multitude of super expensive Classic Guitars, but that might be too much to hope for.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@Tank-OR

Hi, Tank

Thanks for giving the Bass path a run-through. I can tweek that Bass tone some, I guess, in the toolkit. I try, but am not very good at working with tone's. I have developed some pretty awefull ones in the past, but also have created some decent ones too. Hey, @@RSBass do you have any tweeking suggestions on the Bass Tone. Maybe I have the volume or gain set too high.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

I think I finally have a decent version of CCR's Green River. I did use RSBass's Bass tone suggestion and I think the Bass Path sounds awesome. It's not too darn hard either, to play, if I can pretty much keep up with it. I extended the Rhythm Path playing, chord strumming pattern all the way through the song. I also added the Multi-Tracks to it. And got all the chord changes lined up right I think.  

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River - 1969 V3.5 L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

Terry, 

I played this version and its much better now, but it does sound like a bit too much distortion added to it. if you tweak that back a bit it should be pretty decent. 

Jerry

• Like 1

@@jbroch @Tank-OR 

Thanks, Jerry, and Tank-OR

Will tweek the Bass tone or find another that fits CCR's Bass Player - Stu Cook's playing style. But plan on waiting on RSBass's suggestions. I did notice the tone was pretty hot and I would hear some distortion like a blown speaker at some points, but back in the 60's and 70's that was part of the cool sound, but usually in heaver rock tunes. CCR used cleaner tones In my opinion. I have started on Run Through the Jungle by CCR one of my favorites by them, I guess because I'm a Veteran and all, just missed Vietnam by a year and a half (Lucky), but spent lots of time in Asia and the Middle East in the late 70's.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

...but back in the 60's and 70's that was part of the cool sound, but usually in heaver rock tunes. CCR used cleaner tones In my opinion. ....

Later, Terry

Sure, i agree with you!

The Green River Bass is like a sound from "Have You Ever Seen the Rain".  The "Crimson and clover" bass is good for this, but too dark. The "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" Bass it's the same, just brighter and friendlier.

pefect for my setup and for your's...

The Bass is clear, but compressed and has no distortion!

Link

I hope you like it!
  • Like 1

@@RSBass

Thanks, RSBass

I have the new Bass tone loaded up and packed up with the toolkit. That first Bass tone out of "Crimson and clover" will be perfect for my next CCR Custom - Run Through The Jungle with all the distortion and effects in that tune. I know it will fit well in it, for sure.

Will get the new and hopefully the last updated version of Green River posted a little later this morning.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

manchot66, on 17 Feb 2016 - 9:38 PM, said:

Just bought a cheap little amp and a splitter so I can play Rocksmith and the amp simultaneously.   

Hi, Steve

Just checked out that Vox VXll Guitar Amp. In the write up on it, it says you can make it sound like many different brands of Amps. with the software included. It's amazing at the advancement in electronics and computers now days. I can't wait until they develop a cheap Guitar that can be programmed to sound like a multitude of super expensive Classic Guitars, but that might be too much to hope for.

Later, Terry

Watched and read some reviews on the amp and everybody praised it, especially for the price.  It looks like shit, but I couldn't care less.  It emulates a Fender, a couple of Marshalls, a few VOXs, an Orange, and some others I can't remember.  Should be here Monday to give it a test drive.

Bass players,

Would you prefer to play this section the first way or the second way?  It doesn't make any difference which one leads into the next section.  Any preferences?

Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/QVMq8Cd.png

http://i.imgur.com/WAVjqPs.png

Hi, Guys

Been working on and playin' Green River off and on pretty much all day. Really liking, playing the tune. Got even more fix's done to it. Looks like it's ready to go finally. Liking the Bass tone RSBass suggested out of CCR's "Have You Ever Seen the Rain", and saving the first Bass Tone with the distortion for "Run Through The Jungle". Thanks, RSBass

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River - 1969 V4.0 L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 3

A new  Rory Gallagher powerful(!) Preview, Guys!

Big Guns from the Album Jinx (1982), taken from the remastered "Kickback city" album.

Here a live version :

This Studio record is a rare Version...You can try it now ;) :D :o very fast!

Rory Gallagher - Big Guns [remastered] (1982)  V 0.9   L R B

You will need a capo on fret 3 for Lead and Rhythm!

Enjoys!

• Like 1

@@RSBass

Hi, RSBass

Played the Rory Gallagher Custom - Very Nice - That type of song is right up my alley, with the power chords and double stops. Had great fun playing it. All Guitar tones and volume levels sound good on my set up. Sync and notes look good as far as I could tell - with the song moving along so fast. Great tune for sure. Even played the Bass Path which also looks and sounds good.

Rory Gallagher - Big Guns [remastered] (1982)  V 0.9   L R B

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Have CCR'c second custom done, "Run Through The Jungle" I think it turned out very good. Lead Path is a little hard to get used too. Rhythm Path is super easy, but you have to hit the Dm just right, if not you get a miss. Bass Path wore my fret hand and arm out half way through but not super difficult.

Here's the link if anyone wants to give it a try.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle - 1970 V3.5   L, R, B & V

Now on to CCR's Suzie Q to finish the CCR 3-Pack.

Later, Terry

• Like 3