New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Like your Ferrari pics on your website.  Are you a motorsports fan?  Would love to do a vacation and visit Silverstone, Snetterton, Oulton, Donnington, Rockingham, Brands Hatch, etc.  Wish I could still get BTCC races.  That was my favorite series out of them all.

@@manchot66 - thanks for the comments on my photos. Yes, I'm a long-time motorsports fan. If you do visit the UK, you MUST make it coincide with the Goodwood Festival of Speed. I've been several times and for motorsports fans it is heaven. You can touch the cars, meet the drivers and have a fantastic time. There may be clips on YouTube of this year's event. 

• Like 2

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

@@JamesPrestonUK

The tv channel Velocity covers the Goodwood Festival here in the states each year, usually a two-hour special.  A real trip there would be one to tick off the bucket list.  I've raced up the hill at Goodwood via video game, and I am an expert at clipping the walls on the last two turns.  We're trying to catch up with road racing in the US, especially with the Tudor Series, but are still way behind compared to all the great racing you have.

I'm also a rugby junky.  I'll watch anything, Aviva, Pro 12, Super Rugby, two old ladies rucking in the street, I don't care.  No league or 8's, though.

• Like 1

@JamesPrestonUK

James, 

I used to feel the same way, and here's some insights about the CRC, I don't play a 6 string when i try its awful. I struggled with a few tunes here and asked for help, and wow people here helped me bring some of my favorite songs to life. In many ways the CRC is very similar to a real life band. We are all creative talented people here, we forge friendships, have fun and yes sometimes piss each other off. Like I said sounds like every band you've ever heard of right? 

Sure everyone has their own stuff to work on, but no one i have met here has not been helpful, thoughtful and enthusiastic about what we all do.. have fun and enjoy the ride! 

Jerry

@advocatwork and @manchott66 - many thanks for the feedback. It looks like I've still got a lot to learn! Thanks for the tone, I'll drop that in later today. I do feel very mean asking you guys to try out guitar parts which I have no ability to test. Something tells me that I'll be on the look out for a six string before too long..... ;-)

All the best,

James

• Like 2

@@jbroch  Hi, Jerry

That type of tune takes me back to the old Disco days  in the  late 70's, hitting the major Discos in Tokyo. I could dance up a storm back then, and yes I would through in my best Mick Jagger and John Travolta moves, and even some James Brown if I was drunk enough, to impress the lady's, and on occasion did get lucky.  But to tell the truth, it was a blast and the Disco and R & B bands, I still like to listen to  them every once and a while.

@@manchot66

Ha!  - Steve - In a Box, for real?, sounds like major pain for somebody. I bet the Chicks Love this song and sing along with no problem. Very funny tune. But I do like the funky groove and beat of the tune, Takes me back for sure.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

OK, Guys

I am pretty sure you guys are getting tired of my charted Beatles tunes, but I just can't stop making them for  some reason. I guess it's because I have the Beatles tab book and can put them together pretty easy. And to tell the truth I do like playing them too.

Here are a couple Beatles tunes if any one wants to give them a try.

The Beatles - Penny Lane - 1965 V3.5 L, R, B & V - This one is pretty difficult - Piano, Flute, Trumpet & Brass arranged for Guitar. But not to bad sounding. I bet the Bass is fun to play. I only tried out the Lead & Rhythm Paths.

The Beatles - This Boy - 1965 V3.5  L, R, B & V I have been playing the other version on CustomsForge for years Love to play this tune. The songs audio level and guitar tones are way too loud in this version - will lower them tomorrow. But I feel I have really improved the tune in my version.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@manchot66

Hey man, don't harsh on my groove... hahaha

@@avdocatwork

Terry Thanks man it is a great Saturday Night Live Parody video, I laughed my ass of then and forced myself best i could to not lose it doing this vid. I agree has a Very cool Barry White kinda thing going on, content not withstanding. 

I will test your Beatles this morning, and hell man Keep em coming, They are a huge part of the collective ,creative music world... If people don't like em, don't play em ;)

Update - Both Played really well on the Bass, tones sound great  well done man! 

Penny Lane:

https://youtu.be/T3STi3mdfu0

This Boy:

https://youtu.be/xTn9HHax57k

Jerry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

Terry,

Will give the two new Bealtes' songs a play this evening.  Keep the Beatles coming.  Love them, just feel like a fool trying to play them.

Working on three new Link Wray songs, including the Batman theme song, plus redoing an old one.  Hope to have them done in the next couple of days.

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

To our German speaking friends, is there an English translation for "Zicke zacke, zicke zacke, hoi hoi hoi"?  American alcoholics need to know this info.

:lol: as I know there is no meaning or translation for this. 

It's kinda whoop, if plabs drunk enough and bawling around "zicke zacke zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi" rhythmic invigorating shouts. Also widespread in sports and carnival.

but translation, nope

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@avdocatwork

Played lead, rhythm, and bass (just for fun) on the new Beatles' songs.

This Boy - Great tune, not too hard to play.  Only 5 or 6 chords I've never seen before, so that's pretty good for a Beatles' song.  Tone sounds really good for L and R.

Penny Lane - Are these chords in this song or writing on the outside of an alien space ship?  Everything looks and sounds good as far as I can tell.  I thought the song was out of tune at first then quickly learned it was my playing.  I won't even tell you what my score was, too embarrassing.

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Penny Lane - Are these chords in this song or writing on the outside of an alien space ship?  Everything looks and sounds good as far as I can tell.  I thought the song was out of tune at first then quickly learned it was my playing.  I won't even tell you what my score was, too embarrassing.

Hi, Steve

Penny Lane is all Piano, Flute, Trumpet  and Brass Section, arranged for Guitar. I still haven't completed the Trumpet Lead Solo in the Lead Guitar Path yet  - that thing is from outer space for sure :o  like all the other sections. :lol: Hopefully the following batch of tunes I'm working on aren't like Penny Lanes arrangements and set up for normal Guitar parts.

Here are the other Beatles Tunes I have been working on.

The Beatles - Across the Universe - 1969

The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye - 1967

The Beatles - Hey Jude - 1968

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour - 1967

I almost have The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - 1967, Completed. I have the first version made, and plan to test it this evening.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Added Links to the download of the ones I am in the process of testing - If anyone wants to give them a try

The Beatles - Across the Universe - 1969

The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye - 1967

The Beatles - Hey Jude - 1968 - L, R, B & V - Updated and added DD.

The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - 1967 - L, R, B & V - Updated and added DD.

The Beatles - Michelle - 1965 V4.0 - L, R, B & V - Corrected Vocal Track Spelling and added DD.

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour - 1967

The Beatles - Penny Lane - 1965 V3.5 - L, R, B & V - added DD.

The Beatles - This Boy - 1965 V4.0 - L, R, B & V - Updated and added DD.

ZZ Top - Tush - 1975  V6.5 - L, R, B & V - Recharted Bass Line and Synced

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Wow Terry, 

You have been a busy lad!! thanks for all these great tunes to play. Had my wife singing this morning ! 

Here's ZZ Top 

Plays great, tones and volumes are perfect. 

Here's Beatles LSD , 

Another great Job , love the tones and Volume work, some interesting changes in this one. 

https://youtu.be/r3kfx3fXQgI

Here's Hey Jude

Once again, I would not change a thing in the bass track, or the volumes of the tone 

https://youtu.be/gN0bo_fB87Q

• Like 2

@@jbroch

Awesome! Bass play-throughs Jerry, My daughter was singing along while you were playing Hey Jude. I am glad those Bass lines turned out alright and are playable. I guess I am getting a little better at charting and syncing up Bass Paths.

I have another Gig this evening - Fund raising, Charity event, DJ'ing at the neighborhood pool party again this year. Got all the audio and lighting gear together, and previewing the Jazz playlist on my Laptop. I have to reorganize the dance music for later on in the evening. All the booze you can drink for just 25.00 entry ticket, but I get in free for volunteering. I usually bring my own beer anyway, and try to keep away from the Whiskey and Tequila ect. I can't handle it like I used too, besides I have to load up all the equipment and haul it home and unload it after the event. Looks like it's going to be a long night for sure. At least I have a few roadies on this Gig to help me this year, The Wife and oldest daughter who just turned 21 a few weeks ago.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

The event over the weekend went pretty good. Cops showed at 1:00 in the morning saying turn it down, they could have showed up at 11:00 PM but they gave us a break for sure. No trouble came out of it. Didn't get home and unloaded until 4:30 a.m. I knew it was going to be a long night. It was a pretty wild party seemed twice as big over last years event. 

@@jbroch

Great Play-Through Jerry

Later, Terry

• Like 1

randomness but, I'm 49, and really begining to consider that Dean Wormer was wrong... "Fat ,Drunk & Stupid " Just may be the way to go through life. Damn Ive wasted a lot of prime years pushing, excelling and being top of my game.... Lots of catching up to do...

• Like 2

randomness but, I'm 49, and really begining to consider that Dean Wormer was wrong... "Fat ,Drunk & Stupid " Just may be the way to go through life. Damn Ive wasted a lot of prime years pushing, excelling and being top of my game.... Lots of catching up to do...

I like the mayor's quote when he and Dean Wormer are discussing the homecoming parade: "... If you mention extortion again, I'll have your legs broken."

I think JB might be planning a toga party now that he knows he's on double-secret probation.

Don't know if you meant to do it, but "I've got a lot of catching up to do" is also a quote from the movie.

One of my favorite blues guitarists Robert Cray is part of Otis Day and the Knights.  They've got him playing a sax, I think, in the movie for some odd reason.

• Like 2