New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hey guys, I need some testing on Taste - It's Happened Before, It'll Happen Again (L,B,V).

This isn't an easy one though, so don't go hurt yourself. :D

And you Jerry, stay away from this one until your healed up or I guarantee you'll worsen your condition. This is a fucking difficult bass line, a jazzy walking bass line but not like a walk in the park, rather a walk through a minefield.

• Like 2

Someone finally did a GP tab for Der Kommissar by Falco and After the Fire.

I'm going to give the After the Fire version a try.  It's the one that was most played in the US.

Here's Falco's version, no bass though: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/f/falco/der_kommissar_guitar_pro.htm

• Like 1

I could transcribe the bass for the Falco version. I wanted to release some Falco for a long time (I mean he's pretty much the most famous austrian musician of the 20th century) but without any good guitar tabs I didn't feel comfortable releasing anything. It will take a while because I promised to do some other transcriptions first and I have to finish Tubular Bells as well.

Hey guys, I need some testing on Taste - It's Happened Before, It'll Happen Again (L,B,V).

This isn't an easy one though, so don't go hurt yourself. :D

And you Jerry, stay away from this one until your healed up or I guarantee you'll worsen your condition. This is a fucking difficult bass line, a jazzy walking bass line but not like a walk in the park, rather a walk through a minefield.

That thing's a beast! I even had trouble getting the hang of some of the parts that repeat a short phrase several times. I'll try to give it a closer look/listen soon, but things seemed quite good!

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Yeah, like I said, it's pretty crazy. It's mostly because of the high speed but also because of the improvisational nature. Still, McCracken (his actual name :D) was a great bass player. This shit isn't easy to improvise either, especially because you have to keep going in a steady tempo without any breaks and be on point whenever necessary.

Played through again, this time recording a video on score attack. Somehow did much better, though there was a section where I lost my fret hand position in the middle (leading to two passes and a strike). Based on the parts where I was "in control," the sync is pretty much a perfect match to the feel of the bassline (so most notes registered as perfect).

Tab also seemed great - my ear's not great (and my playing certainly wasn't perfect!), but nothing jumped out to me as being egregiously wrong note or rhythm wise (as would be expected with you!).

Tones I'm not great at, but it seemed to be a really good fit - definitely wouldn't be able to point out where it could be improved.

Video will be posted when it's done uploading. Link should be here.

Also, regarding his name, at least his first name wasn't also Phil.

• Like 1

It tells me the video is private, so I can't watch it. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

That's weird - it should "only" have been unlisted. Perhaps it happened because I grabbed the link while it was still uploading? Either way, it's public and should be viewable now. Trying to embed it below.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I think the guitar part would be a lot of work, sounds very complicated in the live video I found (can't watch the playthrough from :de:) Probably too much work, would takes long time.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

(can't watch the playthrough from :de:)

Yeah, I noticed that in the copyright pane after I uploaded it. I could try uploading elsewhere if you know of any sites that would work (or give you a dropbox link directly to the video?).

Also, I think @@Aludog has transcribed everything and is just looking for someone to test it out. I might be mistaken, though.

Ah Yea,

think ill pass on this one for now :) all id be doing is mashing my two casted fingers against the thing! BUT think i found my therapy song once this things off!!

Reminds me of Cream for some reason :) great tune!

Jerry

Someone finally did a GP tab for Der Kommissar by Falco and After the Fire.

I'm going to give the After the Fire version a try.  It's the one that was most played in the US.

Here's Falco's version, no bass though: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/f/falco/der_kommissar_guitar_pro.htm

Do Rock my Amadeus :) 

@@Aludog

I'll give the lead a try on Taste.  Can't guarantee I'll be able to do anything but fumble around if it's really difficult, but I'll give it a shot.

Watching UFC now (Go Rhonda, my future wife) and will give it a try after that.

P.S. The Der Kommissar tabs are kinda shitty.  Is there any guitar in Amadeus?  Maybe there's a copy of "Eat Me I'm a Danish" out there.  "I'm a Danish, I'm a Danish, eat me I'm a Danish."  Mmmm ... cheese Danish.

http://i.imgur.com/nGIM23Q.jpg

• Like 1

@@jbroch

Found what seems to be a decent GP tab for Amadeus.  Maybe I could make it a little more guitar heavy with some nice loud distortion.  Listening to this song makes me want to bang on some schlaginstrumente (new word I just learned from the tab).  That would make me a schlagzeuger.  Sorry, I'm easily entertained by Google Translate.

• Like 2

@ I just need someone to test the guitar part, not transcribe it. I used my Taste songbook to get the guitar tab and the transcription was extremely accurate although I still had to make quite a few corrections to get the rhythm on some parts right.

@@manchot66 A more accurate translation for drums would be "Schlagzeug"; "Schlaginstrumente" would mean something like percussion or percussive instruments. :D

• Like 3

@@Aludog

I'm always impressed with how well you guys use English.  When we learn a second language in school here, we could never be fluent in conversation.  The best we could do is make an ass of ourselves trying to speak a native language while on vacation.  Kudos to you guys and a quite obviously superior education system.  Sorry to get off topic but is college/university free in Austria?  College costs here are so high students have to go into big debt just to get a degree.

• Like 2

@@Aludog, I missunderstood this... if I find the time tonight I will give it a try

I'm also a Schlagzeuger, but if there were a option in RS to play drums I would practice more often with my set  :notes:

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

don't know why it sometimes creates a doublepost

Thankfully, English is quite an easy language to learn, at least in comparison to other languages. I've learnt French and Russian in school as well but I wouldn't be able to write or even talk fluently in any of those languages. I can read and understand them at a basic level but that's about it. The only language I have an advanced level in is English and that's because it's so omni present in every medium and just by reading and listening to it, I've radically improved my vocabulary and grammar skills. My conversational skills are definitely lacking though because I rarely talk in English.

Regarding higher education: University in Austria is mostly free (at least for now) but the state isn't providing enough money to counter balance the university's upkeep and pay for the professors which is becoming increasingly problematic. Educational standard is still relatively high, I'd say, but the university of Vienna isn't ranked very high internationally. Other institutes of higher education usually have fees but they are not extremely high and they have a stricter curriculum, trying to educate you for specific job purposes. They are a good option if you know exactly what you want to do and can afford it but you definitely need to do it full time and you won't have as much options later on.

• Like 2

Sorry, Guys

I have been having really bad luck with my car, took most of last week off using all my vacation days and tried my hardest to fix it, but no luck, it is repeatedly blowing hoses and coolant fittings, I'm afraid it has a blown head gasket, and working out in the 100+ heat is really wearing me out.

@@jbroch, ​So sorry to see you in a cast Jerry. My arms and knuckles are all scratched up from working on my hopeless vehicle, so much going on around here, I haven't been able to take it easy and play Guitar for over a week now.

Later, avdocatwork

• Like 1