New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

I got a new Beach Boys songbook, so if anyone is interested in tabs, then I can arrange that. I would also transcribe the bass (because it's so simple most of the time) and send you the GP file, after I'm done.

Available songs are listed here:

http://i.imgur.com/Jd2Su8Y.jpg

I'll also add guitar to my "Sloop John B" custom, now that I got tabs.

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

The Classic Rock Concert Friday evening was great. B.O.C. started up with there classics, Burning for you, Don't fear the reaper, Godzilla ect. Then encored with Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll, there Bassist Kasim Sulton, was with Joan Jett, Meat Loaf and many other groups before B.O.C.  The Guitars were screaming for sure. Then Eddie Money played all his hits. What was interesting was Eddie Money's son and daughter are touring with him son on rhythm guitar and daughter backup vocals, the son and daughter did a few songs of there own, while Eddie took a breakLynyrd Skynyrd was great Johnny Van Zant was the vocalist and Gary Rossington the only original member left. They encored with Free Bird of course.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Aludog

I am up for doing a few Beach Boys customs. Had a few in the works.  Help Me Rhonda and Wouldn’t It Be Nice, among others I was playing around with, but set them aside once I got on the Beatles kick.

Hi, CrossBolt

Played Nugent - Dog Eat Dog yesterday great work, I had the album with that tune on it years ago and played it all the time.

Later, Terry

Hi, Aludog

I am up for doing a few Beach Boys customs. Had a few in the works.  Help Me Rhonda and Wouldn’t It Be Nice, among others I was playing around with, but set them aside once I got on the Beatles kick.

Later, Terry

I'll send you tabs for both and if you need bass transcriptions, just let me know. "Wouldn't It Be Nice" should definitely come to RS and was on my list as well.

Hi, Steve

It was clear on Friday, on the day of the concert, but started raining late the next day.

Here are my four Beatles tunes I have in the Testing Phase now.

The Beatles - From Me To You - 1963 - L, R, B & V

The Beatles - I Feel Fine - 1964 - L, R, B & V

Edit: I was thinking these next two were going to be really complicated on the Lead and Rhythm paths, but found out they are not that bad and are really fun to play.

The Beatles - Love Me Do - 1964 - L, R, B & V

The Beatles - Please Please Me - 1963 - L, R, B & V, -  if anyone wants to give them a try.

Now I'm getting tired of the Beatles, going to move on to some Beach Boys, and try my hand at charting a few of there tunes. Only four of there tunes on CF, what a shame !

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

I have a question for all you great Bass players, Am I confusing a Bass Drum hit, or is it the Bass Guitar hitting a quick double note hit in this song? It is pretty constant throughout the song. The double Bass note hit's become more prevalent in the middle and to the end of the tune. I don't have what I think are double hits charted in the Bass line, but will put them in if they are the Bass playing them.

The Beatles - Love Me Do - 1964 - L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

What I do in those cases is eq the bass and then change the pitch, so the song is an octave higher. That usually helps figuring out if the bass drum hit covers up a note of the electric bass. I just did that for "Love Me Do" and the first bass drum hit sounds very dry to me, so I would argue with 90% certainty that McCartney's playing it straight on this one.

• Like 1

Good idea by @@Aludog.  I've got a bass boost on my soundcard I turn on and then turn the playback speed in EoF to 50% to try to hear those difficult notes.

In all the time I've been doing bass transcriptions, I came to the realization that without the pitch change it's almost impossible to transcribe bass parts accurately. Every time I go over available bass tabs that seem spot on without eq'ing and pitch change and then compare that to the track after it has been eq'ed and pitch changed, I immediately start hearing the differences, especially those concerning the rhythm. The drums so often cover up parts of the bass line that you really need to bring it into a higher octave to start hearing clearly what's going. It's a simple trick but for me it's the most essential. Doesn't really work with guitar parts because the sound usually becomes to thin but that trick can be used for low pitched instruments in general.

Hi, Aludog

I think I will leave the Bass Path as is for the Beatles - Love Me Do.

I have got the Lead and Rhythm paths done on B.B. - Help Me Rhonda - Files Bass line is there from the GuitarPro file - I used the Tab you sent me to make the Lead and Rhythm Paths. No vocals or sectioning of the tune yet. How did you want to work this collaboration, you want me to post to CF after completion or do you want to post it, after charting the Bass line? I would be OK with me posting this one and you can have and post the next one. I think I am going to look for another Beach Boys tune for you. The tune - Wouldn’t It Be Nice has a lot of change ups in it and it's going to take a lot more work to get it charted. 

Later, Terry

@@manchot66 I don't use EoF for that and I don't think it's possible but you can use Audacity. I personally use "Capo 3" on Mac for making my transcriptions and it comes with a lot of handy options, like gradual slowdown without pitch shifting or changing pitch in half-tone steps, some simple EQ options, metronome and so on.

@@avdocatwork I actually just wanted to help you out with the bass, so you would have a complete and correct file to work with. Since you'll be doing the real work, it's obviously you who should release the custom. All I'm gonna do, is check the bass part and correct anything if necessary. I'll send you the gp5 when I'm done. I hope that's ok with you. :)

• Like 2

Ok, Aludog

Sure, it's OK with me. I tell you what, if you help me with some of the Bass lines on some of my older customs, I will do every other Beach Boy tune for you to keep and post.

My pressing customs I am having a hard time charting and correcting the Bass lines are:

Eric Clapton - Lay Down Sally - 1977Re-charting Bass Line

Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville - ​1977 - Re-charting Bass Line

- I have the files with partially completed Bass lines for these two.

I would love to do Barbara Ann or California Girls or both for you to do the Bass line on Keep and post, I will take care of the Lead and Rhythm Paths. Kokomo and Surfin' U.S.A. would really be great ones to chart also.

Later, Terry

Hi avdocatwork

just played lead and rhythm on The Beatles

The Beatles - From Me To You Plays mice sounds good hard but good

The Beatles - I Feel Fine Plays mice sounds good hard but good

now these two I really liked

The Beatles - Love Me Do

The Beatles - Please Please Me

they all sound good and played well sounds good to me

• Like 1

this is a Multitrack of Flyleaf - I'm so sick

needs tested I play lead and rhythm but don't know about the

Bass

so here is the song all parts Named Flyleaf_Im-so-sick_v1

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ImULsrdB6DTUZnUWNOT2kyd2M&usp=sharing

No lead is named Flyleaf_Im-so-sick-No-Lead_v1_NL

and No Bass is named Flyleaf_Im-so-sick--No-Bass_v1_NB

looking for how tones sound and syncing

So thanks and let me know how it plays

You can download all three together works in RS together

without any problems

Thanks, Crossbolt

Those fast chord changes in the Beatles tunes are pretty hard. The Lead and Rhythm paths I charted from The Beatles 1962–1966 Guitar Book, The audio on the songs are from my The Beatles 1962–1966 CD-1 (The Red Album) - 1973

I will show everybody how crappy I am at playing them!

My scores on the tunes:

The Beatles - From Me To You L-38%  R-65%
The Beatles - I Feel Fine L-28%  R-50%
The Beatles - Love Me Do L-84%  R-89%
The Beatles - Please Please Me L-75%  R-82%

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@Crossbolt242 Just played Flyleaf - I'm So Sick, lead and rhythm.  Main tone for lead and rhythm is a little hard to hear over the song.  Maybe turn the song volume down a little and the tone volume up.  The solo tone on the lead sounds really good and the volume is good.  All the charting looks good, too.

Hey all,

Epiphone Les Pauls up to 40% off on Amazon, Guitar Center, etc. for Les Paul's 100th birthday. (No April Fools this time)

Amazon Epi Les Paul sale: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=lp_11632773011_st?rh=n%3A11091801%2Cn%3A!2334106011%2Cn%3A!2334168011%2Cn%3A11632773011&qid=1434670566&sort=price-asc-rank

Just bought a blue Standard PlusTop Pro: http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Standard-Electric-Guitar-Translucent/dp/B007ZHXR1U/ref=sr_1_24?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1434670575&sr=1-24

Had a tough time deciding between the Standard PlusTop Pro and the Custom Pro in black with gold hardware.  The Custom Pro has a little better pickups, a nicer headstock, but too much gold on it, imo.  I like the inlays and knobs better on the Standard, so I went with that.  It's not the Gibson I wanted, but good enough for my crappy playing.  Should be here Tuesday.

• Like 2