New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Guys

Looks like we have 24 Members and Guests in the Classic Rock Coalition Social Group now. I have started on a big project, I have the Beatles Tab book for the album A Hard Day's Night, and plan on charting the whole album in one continuous 30 minute long Custom, and post all the singles also. Got 6 of the songs in different stages of completion. I just hope the Tab book's Lead Path is accurate enough. I guess I will find out soon, once I get the song A Hard Day's Night Lead path charted. I figure it's going to take a while.

I also have tickets to a Classic Rock Concert here in Dallas, TX - 6/12/2015. To see the new line up of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blue Oyster Cult, and Eddie Money. I hope B.O.C. plays Cities On Flame With Rock and Roll. I plan on getting some video with my cell phones.

Let me know if you have any trouble getting into this members only area?

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Steve 

Good to see you here, don't know why admin privileges will not let you in the Members Forum. Looks like CF lost half a day of information and posts, during there security reboot this afternoon. I will have to figure out the different levels of settings for privileges in this social group thing. I hate having to learn and figure out new software, but it seems like it's becoming an everyday chore now days.

Later, Terry

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Aludog wrote something about setting this up with screenshot, but this post is also gone.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hi, Fripp

I saw that earlier today, Plan on working on it this weekend and hopefully figure it out. And I clicked on your frippy customs link and it went to my customs. I like the way it came up so I put the cool link on my signature.

Later, avdocatwork

• Like 1

New song ready for testing: Big Country - In a Big Country for L, L+, R, B.

Lead and bonus lead are similar, but bonus lead contains the other parts of fret hand muted harmonies.  Also contains all the overdubs not in the regular lead.

I think the 'bagpipe' tone for the lead sounds pretty good, but if anybody has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

I used the .mogg multitrack to hear what all the guitars were doing so it should be pretty accurate. 

Thanks.

I released The Animals - It's My Life (L, B, V) today and hopefully I can get Jethro Tull - Cross-Eyed Mary (L, R, B, V) and Focus - Sylvia (L, B ) done as well.

I'll need someone to check "Sylvia" because I kind of simplified the tab a bit. Bending a full step on the high E string on fret 6 is really difficult, especially with your index finger, so I made the bends into slides. It works well and is a lot easier to do. Transposing would have been possible but brings it own sets of issues and doesn't quite feel right as well. I guess you'll have to judge for yourself and let me know.

Hey guys,

Here's a test version of Focus - Sylvia (B,L). Give it a go and let me know what you think.

I believe it works really well now and it's a lot of fun to play. Took me ages though to get the guitar tone and I'm still not totally happy. Maybe I need to play around with some other amps but the Marshall Plex is still a great option.

Here's some videos, in case you just want to check it out passively:

• Like 1

Hey Aludog,

checked Sylvia passively  :)

looks very good, good tab , good synced and good tones, so everything is good.

goodgoodgood, and good vocals ähäm :D

very nice custom I think

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@@avdocatwork, nice but your customs link leads to my customs now, thanks.

In Ignition you click on creator, it leads to your own cdlcs. I just copied the adress from browser and added it to my signature, but I guess you know :)

Fripp and Terry,

The way you have the links to your customs set up, it will take whoever is browsing to their own personal customs, i.e. when I click on 'frippy customs' or 'avdocatworks customs', it takes me to 'manchot66's customs'.

Use these addresses to link directly to your customs:

Fripp: 

http://ignition.customsforge.com/search/browse?filters={%22member%22%3A%22frippchen%22}&group=artist

Avdoc:

http://ignition.customsforge.com/search/browse?filters={%22member%22%3A%22avdocatwork%22}&group=artist

• Like 1

Aludog,

Played Focus - Sylvia.  Everything looks and sounds great.  The lead tone sounded a little dull on my setup.  I turned the presence up on the Plexi and it sounded perfect, but that's just me.  Cool song, never heard it before today.

• Like 1

Then our links always leading to the own customs, ok. Then our links should named own customs :) .
For me it always looks right of course.
Thanks, I will change it soon as possible.

Aludog,

Played Focus - Sylvia.  Everything looks and sounds great.  The lead tone sounded a little dull on my setup.  I turned the presence up on the Plexi and it sounded perfect, but that's just me.  Cool song, never heard it before today.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't quite there yet. By how much did you increase the presence?

I think I'll just change that and post a new release version.

Steve,

you can try the Phaser 363, I think that fits better than a wah effect.

It's a very twangy strat sound there, and also saw in the video which pickups he used, bridge and middle.

I couldn't watch the youtube video because the Gema again, but found it on ClipFish.

Thanks again for the hint with my link, of course for me it looked fine, now fixed.

• Like 1

I don't know, it does sound like he's using a wah pedal for that outro solo. Not sure what else you'd need. If you got a good amp/cabinet setup then a bit of rack EQing and some reverb should do it. Using the bridge pickup seems like the obvious choice if you wanna get that sound but maybe a bit of high cut with the hi-lo-filter before the cabinet might get that twangy midrange sound as well. Also try different cabinets and mic positions.

• Like 1

Another thing: I was thinking of making a complete bass transcription of Frank Zappa's "We're Only In it For The Money", so that I can make one continuous custom of the whole thing. Would anybody be interested in putting together a transcription of the guitar parts? It shouldn't be that difficult actually. Most of it is really basic chord stuff and maybe I can transcribe some of them myself but I'll focus on bass before that and some of you are better with guitar arrangements.

Btw, I finally managed to transcribe the bass part for "Camarillo Brillo" (after I already gave up two times and eq'd the hell out of it for the third time :D), so that will be the next release.

I'll definitely need some testing on that. The lead guitar tone will be a bit tricky.

• Like 1

Hey, Aludog

Can't believe your not doing Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti first, with the songs Flakes, Bobby Brown and Jewish Princess. Now that album is classy. But the Album "We're Only In it For The Money" has some awesome tunes as well.

Later, Terry

I didn't realise there's a solo in the outro. I was talking about the solo in the middle.