Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 81

Intermediate Lead - 93%, 49 streak

I expected a little bit better, that's just that kind of song that makes me struggle.

@@Kaijin you will like Advanced :)

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Give advanced a try, and if you don't like it you can always nag Mortalo until he puts you back in intermediate. :D

:lol:

That was funny....

Ofc I'm gonna give my best, but I'm aware of my skills.

There might be an occasional advanced lead arrangement that I can get a fairly decent score (+/- >90%), but that's sporadic. Most lead adv songs are substantially above my skills, nonetheless, I'll play them like I always do, with an extra motivation to push myself more, since it's the 1st "leap" in the lead path that I had since the beginnings of the CS... (well, not counting the 1st or 2nd week that I played in Beginner class and then moved on to Intermediate where I've been ever since).

Sorry, scratch that, I leveled up 1 time from IM to MC a long time ago, back in the Smithy Anvil CS days, on the RS1 CS, RS2014 was not even had been announced that would be released, or even it's existence and I downleveled after 3 weeks. :lol:

What I mean is that since about the time of the release of RS2014, I feel that I've been playing pretty much at the same level, well, not exactly the same, there's some improvements in some areas, but nothing compared to the 1st year or so, where the improvement was much faster, but I think that's how it's supposed to be... the "beginner" skills/techniques are acquired much faster than the "moderate" and "advanced" ones.

We'll see how I'll manage in advanced, perhaps the extra motivation for having leveled up will push me to play even more hours every day and I might be able to gradually start to play better, at least that's what I would like to happen. :D

Intermediate Lead - 93%, 49 streak

I expected a little bit better, that's just that kind of song that makes me struggle.

@@Kaijin you will like Advanced :)

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks :lol:

• Like 1

@ - thanks, but I think I'm lacking a lot of the necessary equipment. I know the pedals aren't necessary, but I don't even have a signal splitter or anything like that. 

@@then3verend, @ - looks like it's a three way battle now, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other MCers catch up. I look forward to seeing who comes out on top, and with what score, over the next 3 days or so.

Edit: Just for fun, I put the whole song through RR without playing anything to see how many notes there are. I got 1519 in the Karmeleaux version (I think fripp's might be different by a few notes - perhaps slides in the intro). I think that means I hit 1496 notes, while @@then3verend hit 1493, and @ hit 1491 or so.

I also did some RR on the middle sections of the song (broken into three big chunks) and the outro. I think after a few attempts my best takes on each section were 6 (or maybe it was 4?), 7, 0, and 2 misses. If (a big if) I can string those together that gets me to 1504, or (just barely) over 99%. I think I should be able to improve on a little bit with time in RR, but I don't think I'll nail all of the high G string bends in the outro just before it turns to noise.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 3

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
  • Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

"Nice", i lost first string(10) in battle with high bends. :(

@@Kaijin If i payed too only a few times a song in my class, i`m too would be score near 90%, but so as i want what ever win, i play a song full week many times. I sure count may be more 100 times (with restarts) for most an "advanced" song .  Off course it is easy, come in class bottom, and play a few times with good score and if  you want, play a bit more and to get win. ;) There is back side, that have not enough time for practice with other a songs.

So lets go into hard practice in advanced class :)

• Like 3

@ @@Kaijin I don't know how you guys are getting over 91% on The Loner as I can't seem to get any of the notes from fret 17 down on the e string to register for me. I keep on getting the same % and its frustrating the hell out of me. If it wasn't for the lack of registering notes I am sure my score would be much higher and seeing you guys with 91+% is annoying me. I am going to try again tonight with all my guitars and see which one will help me get these damn bends to register. From the 10 guitars I have I am sure one of them has to get them to register. Its really annoying watching RS show you a "miss" when you know for sure you played it correctly and I am sure I am not the only one who is going through this. I even raised my RS Cable gain in game and I raised the volume of the cable in the sound properties and I am still getting the same misses each time. I don't want to cheat it and do hammer-ons instead of bends as that wouldn't be fair. 

• Like 4

Takes care of the second problem (score is up on top, because I got too excited :P)

You mean you didn't score 567891234?!

Well, guess that's moved up the schedule for trying to put everything together.

Edit: looks like I succeeded in putting it all together. Knew I had something special going when I kept the streak from the fast/octavey part way past where I usually lose it (the bends on the 15th fret of G string). Still made one or two dumb mistakes early on, but I can't complain too much.

http://i.imgur.com/M33ngEg.jpg

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 7

thought I'm getting closer.. nevertheless

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150513/2m2mq96i.jpg

have to try harder

• Like 5
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Bcs of  i have not new string (10) now, for replace broken, continue practice yet a few hours at guitar with heavy gauge 11-54, and fingers was already in fire. I decided to make a last attempt today and it was surprise:

http://i.imgur.com/DIxkTQW.jpg

• Like 6

@ @@Kaijin I don't know how you guys are getting over 91% on The Loner as I can't seem to get any of the notes from fret 17 down on the e string to register for me. I keep on getting the same % and its frustrating the hell out of me. If it wasn't for the lack of registering notes I am sure my score would be much higher and seeing you guys with 91+% is annoying me. I am going to try again tonight with all my guitars and see which one will help me get these damn bends to register. From the 10 guitars I have I am sure one of them has to get them to register. Its really annoying watching RS show you a "miss" when you know for sure you played it correctly and I am sure I am not the only one who is going through this. I even raised my RS Cable gain in game and I raised the volume of the cable in the sound properties and I am still getting the same misses each time. I don't want to cheat it and do hammer-ons instead of bends as that wouldn't be fair. 

I really don't know what to tell you @@Joey, in my case I'm starting to get the bends registering the more I play the song.

Maybe it's the guitar, strings, my ancient PC :lol:, I have no clue.

I can understand your frustration, I would feel the same and I'm also aware that more people have the same issue, that's why I always record the runs I do, like the last one I posted, which has several of those bends registering without doing any cheating, just getting that quickness on the bend and raise the string to the exact pitch RS wants (since I've noticed that RS usually don't register the note when you bend the string in the perfect pitch, most times it's a couple of notches higher, others a little bit lower, but I'm talking about very small differences... RS seems to be extremely picky on the bends on the high e string above the 15th-17th fret, since on the other strings I never experienced the same total lack of recognition by the game, as long as I play the bend correctly).

After an awesome last week, it is quite a shame that for this week, today was my only practise day :-(

So here are some baaaaaad scores:

Advanced Lead: 74.89%

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442266831

Advanced Rhythm: 60%

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442266398

• Like 4

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442278620

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442278542

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442278459

No particular order and awful scores due to lack of practice, apart from Gary Moore who was just being a bastard... recognition issues :(

No time today for anything else, have spent the majority at the hospital with #2 son having his head glued back together after he fell over on the prom' near my house, so not really with it today because bleeding baby heads are sadness makers. He's ok now though, but still...  :(

• Like 9

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

• Like 5

@@NoonyDeloony - Scars on a boy a muy macho.  I have one right beside my left eye.  It gets mistaken for macho until people learn that is was from bouncing on the bed while my older brother lassoed my feet with a skipping rope.  I didn't know that my head had that much blood in it. Joking aside, I hope he feels better soon.

@@albatross213 - Thanks for the NDD file.  Now I can make my sucky score official.  Little Green Bag advance bass 86.89%.  I just can't get any of the accents right, and It's not a problem with the recognition engine.  This song, while fun, is just beyond me.  I'm going to stand pat with that score before I get any more frustrated and work on some of the easier guitar songs.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@@NoonyDeloony - Sorry to hear about your son! I hope you get some drama free weeks soon.

@@2groggy - That story about your scar is pretty hilarious. Anyway, making NDD versions of songs is pretty easy with the Toolkit. You just

1) go to the "DDC" tab

2) add the .psarc file you want to remove DD from

3) switch the "Ramp-up model" to "ddc_dd_remover"

4) increase the phrase length a lot. I used 40 in the file I uploaded.

5) Click the "Generate DD" button.

Also, Little Green Bag is a pretty tricky song. I did a few attempts at it but I think my highest score was in the low-to-mid 97s. I think part of that is that I've never really mastered the proper technique for pulloffs, and my slides can also be iffy. But it's definitely a good deal more difficult than the advanced songs over the past few weeks.

@@then3verend - I know that dilemma with the versions. It also took a lot of work for me to master the slides, since I don't think I've fully gained (or at least regained since I started playing again) the ability to know how far my hand has to move to go from one fret to another without looking. I think the slide I had the most trouble with was one that was like "D 3h5/16, A 14h15, G 17", with the next hammer-on coming really quickly after the slide. Took a lot of practice to get that one to the point where I wasn't guaranteed at least one miss on those notes.

@ - Keep it up! If not for my having a magical take this afternoon you'd have the lead!

@ - Maybe guitar strings are more bendy than bass strings, but I dislike doing bends on the G string, and I especially hate doing full step bends on it, particularly if the note isn't near the midpoint. I can't imagine doing the kinds of bends that in The Loner on heavy gauge strings!

• Like 2

Saved again by @@albatross213 's NDD version of Little Green Bag, this time on Lead.  81.something%

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)