Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 81

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

1st bad try on bass

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zef601.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Where did I put my gloves? It's been so warm here recently I haven't needed them for a while. Oh, there they are.

*Throws down the glove*

http://i.imgur.com/v48iQ5M.jpg

@@then3verend - here's a longer term goal for you  :P

I don't really know how this happened. This isn't really the type of song that I would have said was my strong suit (well, it does have some parts that are just "play this note fast", which is pretty much my specialty).

I'll try to do a video at some point, especially if I feel a performance of this caliber can be repeated or exceeded.

Edit: Video added, but now removed from youtube. Probably not unexpected, given that you pretty much can't find digital versions of the studio version of 21CSM anywhere.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 5

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441293612

been out with a twisted back, so thought i'd start off a little lower.  the way i'm playing i may not get my level, but at least i can hold the guitar in my lap now

has anyone had any issues with the bass joachim duetchland (sp) song?  i don't know if it's my tuning or what but it seems every time i move from g5 back to g3 is fails to recognize, but if i move up from g1 theres no problem.   just curious.  like i said i've been out a bit so it's highly likely me.

• Like 4

I changed my cable gain from -1.2dB to 8.1dB.  It really improves your sustain, and helps with hammer-ons/offs. Bit it did noting about the note detection on high note bends.

I'm glad to hear that @@MaZtoR, but the cable volume doesn't affect the bends, I should have said that in the other post I made before.

@ mentioned something that I also noticed on my guitar.

With the chromatic tuner, I have all strings in tune, with perfect pitch, the same with 12th harmonic and note, so the intonation is perfect.

I run the game, go to the RS tuner, all open strings are in tune, 12th fret harmonic in tune, 12th fret note on the G, B and high e goes a bit sharp, +5/+7. On the high e, after fret 15, omg, it's a disaster, most of the notes are way sharp, the tuner shows values of +25/+30.

So, what I do when I play songs that have tons of bends on the high e > fret 15 is flatten the string after passing the tuner (I drop it to around -15/-20 in the RS tuner).

75% of the time it helps to get the bends registering (and it doesn't interfere with the recognition on the rest of the fretboard or even the open string).

I also play the bends that have long tails up-down-up-down-etc. until I see the tail lit (or when playing in SA, when the speaker shows "late").

I'm pretty sure this is different for each guitar/player/system, so I'm just referring to what I experienced with my equipment.

I don't know if you already watched the video I have posted on the custom's thread, I got 91.12% on that run and I played in SA, so you can see that I managed to get a few of those bends registering, not many, but more than when I don't do what I mentioned above.

• Like 1

nice to play it again :) thanks Mortalo

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150511/vjr3e7es.jpg

:P I have 3 sec more

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

found some issues in Ich tu was ich will rhythm guitar. Some slides at the power chord parts leaded to the wrong positions, the following chord was wrong. I have fixed it in v1.3 version1.2 I would say

Edited by frippchen
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@@Mortalo New bass song not really my cup of tea :) Had a fast run and I defenetly think bass isn't really accurate (might be just copy-paste from a gp tab), but hey don't want you guys to think i'm completely goofy haha I'll still try and post a decent score ^^

@@Mortalo New bass song not really my cup of tea :) Had a fast run and I defenetly think bass isn't really accurate (might be just copy-paste from a gp tab), but hey don't want you guys to think i'm completely goofy haha will just post a decent score ^^

@@bernixix, just try my version, it's maybe more accurate.

• Like 1

@@Mortalo New bass song not really my cup of tea :) Had a fast run and I defenetly think bass isn't really accurate (might be just copy-paste from a gp tab), but hey don't want you guys to think i'm completely goofy haha will just post a decent score ^^

I tried yours, and I think it's pretty much the same, except a weird thing where all of your notes are half a step down from the ones in the other version. Some things are also moved to different strings so there's less shifting. Other than these two factors they seemed pretty much identical for the bass.

I tried yours, and I think it's pretty much the same, except a weird thing where all of your notes are half a step down from the ones in the other version. Some things are also moved to different strings so there's less shifting. Other than these two factors they seemed pretty much identical for the bass.

It is the same song and the other version isn't wrong in the bass arrangement, that was at guitar. That's why both versions are nearly the same. Mine seems to have better handshapes, I always recommend versions of mine if available.

I made it from scratch and also used my own audio file. For any reason my audio version is one halftone deeper so I had to write it down in the appositely key.

• Like 1

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

total players listed: 107 (110)

leader changes:

@@franfit - Lead Beg

@@Van-Blurten - Bass Int

on fire:

@nev with a terrifying http://i60.tinypic.com/24fe5h2.jpg tripplewin

i fear we're yet to see some great scores...

CONGRATULATIONS!

players falling off the boards for not scoring in 10 weeks:

@@CamRad18 @@Francoel19 @@Rockfirstlast @spinetaker @@Darth Loves Bass

come back, rock hard!

http://i59.tinypic.com/iqer93.jpg

Have a great week, i probably will:

http://i58.tinypic.com/j5v9y9.jpg

:)

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Well, my video got removed on copyright grounds. Not really unexpected, given how it's pretty much impossible to find digital copies of the studio version of 21st Century Schizoid Man online (it's on itunes, but I think that's about it), but still kind of disappointing. Guess I'll be sticking to screenshots for the rest of the week.

Well, my video got removed on copyright grounds. Not really unexpected, given how it's pretty much impossible to find digital copies of the studio version of 21st Century Schizoid Man online (it's on itunes, but I think that's about it), but still kind of disappointing. Guess I'll be sticking to screenshots for the rest of the week.

Copyright nowadays is terrible. You can't even upload a damn cover of your favourite song because a company is bitching about it and pum! they block your video. Not only on Youtube, also on Soundcloud for example 

9A7alLl.jpg

update

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150512/qvj9ss28.jpg

cover disappeared

if I win this week bass battle I'll change my name :)

• Like 4

@ - I wouldn't want you to have to change your name  :D

http://i.imgur.com/CSvcKYw.jpg

(still using the other version because it's what I learned first. Also, for whatever reason I find open strings much harder to read than fretted notes in Rocksmith, and there are more in your version. Riffs that rapidly switch between open strings are the bane of my existence, not that there are any in this particular song.)

• Like 5