Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 81

One thing that Gary Moore used to do was increase the treble to help with sustains (as well as like $2000 pups :) ), so if you happen to have an EQ pedal you could try that.

It's funny that you mention that, I never knew for sure, but from the songs I've played from him, I had that distinct impression and when making the lead tone(s), I always have that in mind.... I can't "emulate" the $2000 pups, but so far I think I've managed to get the tones not so bad.

Now I also understand the amazing tones you have on both customs you made from Mr. Moore. :D

Thanks for the info @@Van-Blurten.

P.S.: I'm not even close one of the best players on the CS, I manage ok in IM class on guitar and ADV on bass, that's it, but if you want me to record a video playing the lead IM arrangement (having in consideration that I used to suck really big time in this type of arrangements), just let me know, it's no trouble at all.

• Like 1

@@Nacholede Thanks for encourage, it works, and i will try. I love championship for it, support, encourage, nice community.

I hope see your video playthrough after practice, and may be "before" for comparing, as lords can improve sounds after week practice.

Knew one men, early, don`t remember exactly who it was. He has average skill, but very wanted to learn one great and a hard song, with hardcore solo. He practiced every day at only one a song, step by step, leveled up speed solo, and after ~3 months he  awesome played  full song. Very impressed.

@@Kaijin You did very good tone. There It even works feedback sounds. Like real combo with high gain and a lot volume.

And score:

http://i.imgur.com/YQOrL79.jpg

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I dont agree with this weeks MC Bass song. The notes are so wrong in so many places its not even fun to play, i gave up after halfway because i just couldn't take it anymore. Maybe we need to decide on a new song...All in favor? say I.

I agree with you, see what you mean. No, I also won't play it since there is too much wrong.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Well @@Van-Blurten, I did another run of the lead IM and recorded it. It's a very sloppy playthrough, but I hope it gives you some help in one way or another.

Here's the video...

@@Kaijin You did very good tone. There It even works feedback sounds. Like real combo with high gain and a lot volume.

Thanks @, I tried the best I could to match Gary's tone, I hope I was able to accomplish it. :)

Edited by Kaijin
  • Like 4

@@xDatBoiSOBLE I thought I was the only one thinking that this version of the song is not worthy at all to be in the Championship. I had marked it as wrong since quite long time, wishing for an update that never came :P

I could try to make a better version of the bass but could take me some days to manage, so I vote for a new song this week, yeah  :)

• Like 2

@ You're taking wrong approach. Some can be able to learn it during one week. Or at least some parts of the song. After all we have nothing against true guitar lords participating in the Championship. Still you have other arrangements, and it was picked because of bass.

When I'm playing songs like that, I try in parts that are not way above my skills and watch when it gets too ridiculous. And here we have long sections that are ok to play even to me :)

I agree with Mortalo here. I really love Rush (and prog in general) and this song is amazing, i was completely surprised with the score, because the solo is damn hard. To master an instrument and play really good, you need patience and practice, but most of all patience. If you're not patient with your instrument, you will not go further D: And later, practice the song over and over and over again until in a blink of an eye, you mastered it! If you don't want to play Rush, ok! but we will play songs like these on the Championship, with killer solos from Metallica, Megadeth, Dream Theater and more! so i encourage you to keep going and keep practicing, this will challenge you to improve. 

Just look at the scores from Lazy on Lead over the last week, going from 88's to a 95, I had to riff repeat both solos, building up from 30% speed just to hit that 95%. AND I even did it again after that using the DD to build it up, just to make sure I wasnt playing chicken skwabble. 

Some people said:

"The bass notes are wrong, therefore new song, say I."

Eye.

I would like for this song to return though with a correct version of the bass, Looking at you @bernixix 

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Looking at online guitar tabs it looks like this version of Working Man is pretty much straight from version 1 on ultimate-guitar. Not sure any of the other versions are much better, though, for quickly making a new version.

I think postponing it for a while until we feel there's a good version is a good compromise. It's definitely a song that I'd like to play, but in it's current state it's more frustrating than fun.

How would we end up selecting a new song for this week if we do? Just at random again? Or choose one that we know is good?

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Im happy its rush, but why not change it for another rush song of equal difficulty? Maybe Anthem? Its got some fun bass riffs. I found another file of working man here ---> http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/working-man-r1401i'll test it out and see if its at least do-able for bass. If not i feel we really need a song change.

• Like 1

@@xDatBoiSOBLE I thought I was the only one thinking that this version of the song is not worthy at all to be in the Championship. I had marked it as wrong since quite long time, wishing for an update that never came :P

I could try to make a better version of the bass but could take me some days to manage, so I vote for a new song this week, yeah  :)

I admire your drive to try and fix someone elses problem, but its a pretty difficult song...which in turn would just take longer to learn in shorter time. :(

• Like 1

Sorry everyone, I had to revise the chart of the lead arrangement of "The Loner" today and found a few things which needed to be corrected.

So, here's v1.5 for download....

PC

MAC

Update with the new v1.5...

Lead ADV:

http://s6.postimg.org/wjzxuzkk1/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_81_Lead_AD_3_90.jpg

Edited by Kaijin
  • Like 2

The Lead is great for Working Man and thats actually the bigger motivator for wanting to see this again on bass is because I liked the lead :)

The problem I have with selecting a bass only song is 1 might have tabs that are bad, and well be back to square one, and the other two fit for MC Bass contain slap/pop techniques...and idk about the rest of the class but I still have remains of blisters from Your White Shirt. If one of those gets selected im out this week, enjoy your blood blisters.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Well @@Van-Blurten, I did another run of the lead IM and recorded it. It's a very sloppy playthrough, but I hope it gives you some help in one way or another.

Here's the video...

@@Kaijin 

Thanks for the vid, I have an assesment due on Thursday lunchtime so I will be able to start some good practice on it then, plus a new song or 2. Had to format my drive last week and lost everything I was working on so have to start over, one of the tabs took me ages to correct too :(

Ah well, thanks for the walkthrough vid :)

• Like 1

Ok, new MasterClass bass will be on as soon as I check it out.

My poor guitar skills does not let me tell if there is something wrong with the tab, so be careful there :lol:

If you have any issues with cdlc let the charter know. But always be polite. This guys are really nice so don't be harsh on them. Always try to talk. We're all here because we love music :)

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Here comes new MC bass initially selected for week 51 (I had hard time selecting this one):

Bass Path:

Masterclass: King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

(This is a link to Karmeleaux's version. Frippchen did his own, but I don't know how they differ in bass. Karmeleaux's one has multitrack, and well, I played bass only in that version :P )

Great tune, you should like it :) In my personal opinion it's one of the greatests songs we ever played in Championship.

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

yes, the bass should be the same. I just fixed some issues in lead path so as I know and used own tones. Of course with new syncs cause I did it completely new from scratch. Link to my version

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I changed my cable gain from -1.2dB to 8.1dB.  It really improves your sustain, and helps with hammer-ons/offs. Bit it did noting about the note detection on high note bends.

Minor upgrade. little time to play today.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/The%20loner%208291_zpsh5gbqysz.jpg

• Like 1

@then3verend http://customsforge.com/topic/12587-rocksmith-2014-championship-week-51/page-7?do=findComment&comment=98578 :)

Found one of reason of bad recognition bends high notes. Checked tuner all fret above 12, at 12th fret, intonation perfect, but after 15 spot that there is all tuned 3-5 tick up. so  checked other guitar and is have all perfect. Now there heavy gouge and setted high action , but anyway score improve. Proof:

http://i.imgur.com/KDaZRmx.jpg

• Like 5

Advanced Rhythm - 65%, 28 streak

Strumming pattern is not too complicated. But you have to hit the chord with your fingers first...

Intermediate Rhythm - 96%, 360 streak

Beginner Bass - 100%, 254 streak, 1.222.232 score

MasterClass Bass - 91%, 229 streak

There are only minor differences here and there between the two versions, unless the first crazy part but that just too much for me to notice :lol:

• Like 3