• Developer

Fixed CDLC Manager sorting bugs and improved overall performance in latest CGT version 1.6.3.  Try clicking on the column headers until you find a sort order that you like.  Best to sort on GUID column if you want to remove CDLC that are causing game hangs.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Sorry had issue at home so not had chance to re test , just tested the updated version and the tuning side is confirmed as sorted on windows 8.1 :)

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• Developer

Just released version 1.6.4.  Improved CDLC song enumeration performance, with better duplicate sorting.  All duplicates are highlighted and moved to top of the data table so they can be easily removed.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

What error?  Please post screen shot.

Maybe missed something?  Anyone else having problem?

EDIT: NVM I will have fix out tomorrow.

• Like 1

• Developer

@GorbyRulez  Just released version 1.6.5.  Fixed a bug with a conditional check.  Please check an let me know if works.  Thanks

• Developer

Provide your specs please?  OS, Net version?

Windows 7 x64.  i7-4770K proc, 32 GB ram,  SSD primary, several Sata 3 3 GB drives

.Net vers:

In addition, all previous version of the CG Toolkit (prior to 1.6.4) have performed flawlessly.  I'm retired now but previously certified network infrastructure, FYI.  Since it's only the newer versions could it be in the duplicate DLC finder code?

Hi Cozy.

My specs are almost identical to Gorby's. The only difference is my i7 is a little older. The app will not open. This is what I'm getting from the event viewer.

This is for the app.

Faulting application name: CustomGameToolkit.exe, version: 1.6.5.0, time stamp: 0x555b9dcf
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18839, time stamp: 0x553e8c17
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000001aaad
Faulting process id: 0x640
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0939fcdd0a58f
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Rocksmith\CGT_for_RS2014\CustomGameToolkit.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 0bf271cf-ff93-11e4-a1aa-002683145f68

This is for .Net

Application: CustomGameToolkit.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Stack:
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at <Module>.Main(System.String[])

Everything is current on my rig. And I didn't have an issue with 1.6.3? I can't recall for sure, but I downloaded it about a week and a half ago or so. I've been out of the IT game for about 10 years, but usually when I saw that kernelbase.dll fault it was when someone was trying to run an x86 app on x64 or vice versa. Not sure if that's what's going on here or not.

I hope this helps. Love the tool! Thanks for your hard work! :)

• Like 1

@@dantichrist, all about net 4.0 framework, It's has some functions in System.Core that works differently\doesn't exist so that fail to run under w7 and higher, it works great with my XP setup and generates the same issue under w7, which has visual studio 2015 and dev framework along with new 4.0, 4.5.x and so on, It's not about architecture(32 vs 64 bit), yes :)

I may suggest to look at what was changed, and try to investigate what could be null and what was tolerated in old one and not in new one, like Uri links

Seems fixed :3

Just tested latest test build and had no luck.  Details sent to dev in PM and have Windows error files to e-mail if I get somewhere to do so.

Tried to run successively and got a message "Bogon is not authorized to use Custom Game Toolkit".  Tried once more and got "gar is not authorized to use Custom Game Toolkit".  I tried running with and without "run as administrator" options on the shortcut, to no avail.

I give up, good luck.

• Developer

EDIT:

I would appreciate hearing from users via PM if version 1.6.8 is working for you.  With the help of @dantichrist confirmed and patched a bug that users were experiencing who have i7's running Win7 Pro x64.  Also improved duplicate sorting and delete methods.  Be sure to do a complete fresh install of CGT if you download the latest version.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I just downloaded the latest version of CGT (1.6.9.0), I cannot get it to run. The first time it started it just came up with a message box that said something regarding MAC address. And after that it only says my windows user is not authorized to use CGT.

I am using a Win 8.1 x64 machine.

Any ideas?

Thx @@cozy1, great tool to remove same artist duplicates. I myself founded over 20 of them, never could done that manually. So thanks to you for less crashes for all tool users.

One minor bug that confused at least me. I use medium 125% "display zoom option" (not sure what's correct name), and that causes tool to zoom out of range (not usable). That's not big deal after i realized what causes issue. Just logged  off and used normal 100% display option.

Tested also other artist crashing same namers (76) that i have collected, but tool will not count them as duplicates. v1.69

Also tested save file corrupting songs, tool didn't find them. v.1.69

If you upgrade tool, to find all same namers (also different artist) that cause crashes... would be cool thing.

These songs could be detected since they have exactly same DLC Name. So if dlc name could somehow be filtered they could be founded and then fixed/removed fast/easily. Fix is just to change Dlc name, not big deal. But finding these same namers through crashes is quite slow, even though i have listed most of them, there must be more than 76 of them, missed many, done some errors etc... Manually finding same dlc named songs(that cause crash/jam always) is most unsecure when game name is different. Only luck makes me to find those ones without tool, since i compare mostly game names when song crash, but same game names are not causing issue, they just happen to be same mostly luckily.

Also it would be cool if it would find all those akward save corrupters.

It will most likely find all corrupted songs (missing data), but not exactly save file corrupting ones (that loose/mess data in save file after play). 

I gladly test all new versions.

Have collect all original (not dlc name fixed ones) same namers (from different artist) that (i have founded and) cause crashes (76 total count now), and also all save corrupting songs that cause save to mess/loose data after play (10 total count now). So it makes easy to me test these issues if you decide to upgrade your awe tool.

Appreciate your work truly, just make me do work less, and crash less  :)

T: Lazy me

• Developer

@Lahelio  It is best to do two separate sorts.  One by GUID and one by File Name.  Find and delete duplicates after each sort.  IMO this does the most good. 

I think the File Name sort can be improved so that it looks just at the file name and not the whole file path.  Maybe a check box for just simple File Name Sorting so that each arrangement does not populate and show up as  a duplicate.

Please explain "same namers" in my thinking there are many different "same namers".  The tool allows you to pick how you want to sort.  Just click the column header you want to sort on.  Then click find duplicates.  Then decide which you want to delete by left clicking on the row.

Your zooming display issue is system specific.  I will have to see if there is a generic fix.

I'll have new version coming out soon and would like to include some of your ideas.  The new version will also allow you to just move duplicates so you can experiment and determine if the song is actually causing crashes.  PM ideas if you want.

Same Name:

Means if you have two or more same named songs from different artist, all can crash (no broadway style) OR jam (not often) when song is started. You can keep one of these song in DLC folder without issues.  
When kept same namers in DLC folder without playing ... In some cases the Album art/song titles get mixed up in the song list. Sometimes other same named song won't show in the song list. 
Note that this crash/jam rule applies when you have several version of same artist same named song, or update versions in dlc folder.
Same Artist, same named song crashes are not listed.

Fast fix for Same Name crashers. To avoid crash problem with other same named song without changing game name.
In Toolkit, just change DLC name. (name usually writed “together” for example like:TheBitterEnd.
Change it for example to InsomniumTheBitterEnd. Game name doesn’t change, but crash with other song will be avoided. No change for other song needed, both will work. If you fix multi same namers (none of work together), all but one must be fixed.

This explain is is straight copy from my topic. This is how I explain same namer. One not so obvious reason to crash and it really bugged my brains long time. And yes, i'm mainly weirdo crash man.

Fix have been around about year, crashes happens 5% (when game name is same, different artist). when fix was invented crash happened 95% so its not so big problem anymore... and most of those crashing same namers are listed. 

Anyway if finding those same name crashers would be done automatically not via crashes.... less crashes, and i wouldn't have to even list em. Only link to tool. Crashing less and same time killing my own list is my precious thought. Also in my list there is always some error, latency etc. i'm just poor man's crash machine. 

List of same name crashers is in my topic, download some crashing couples, test freely if you figure out how tool could highlight only those couples. I can test too if you point out better how to do it... i have all 76 same name crashers in test folder. Work alone, but not with same name pair.

About tool...

By sorting guid and using highlight duplicates: same artist duplicates will be found nicely and that's really great...everyone with big dlc archives have some of this kind of duplicates by accident.  Most likely these, same artist, same name duplicates cause crash issues too if not removed.

But if i sort in any other way and pressing highlight for example file name i get totally highlighted. I mean over 50% of total tracks are higlighted. Tested v beta 1.7.0.5 and earlier versions too. 

• Developer

@@lahelio "But if i sort in any other way and pressing highlight for example file name i get totally highlighted. I mean over 50% of total tracks are higlighted."  That's because the tool is finding duplicates based on the column you selected.   So as example if you sort on "Artist" you will find all duplicates  based only on "Artist".  Kind of pointless right, which is why want to sort on GUID which is unique.

I think what you may like is to see is a column called "CDLC Key Name" which should also be unique and I think may be the real cause of crashes (Same Namers) in addition to duplicate "GUIDs". 

If you are willing to test my theory then unpack a couple of your "Same Namers" and check the "DLC Name" in the toolkit Creator GUI.  Are they the same?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I just downloaded the latest version of CGT (1.6.9.0), I cannot get it to run. The first time it started it just came up with a message box that said something regarding MAC address. And after that it only says my windows user is not authorized to use CGT.

I am using a Win 8.1 x64 machine.

Any ideas?

Same problem here. Why does my MAC address matter for using this program?

http://s18.postimg.org/tjabcqkd5/CGT_Error.png

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

• Developer

@@TimeIsFading

Are you trying to use CGT on an Apple computer?  Is your IP Address set correctly?

According to the error message your IP Address is set to 10.2.63.236.  IP address range 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 is reserved for Apple computers.   CGT may not run properly on Apple computers.

Nope I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit. It's weird because that's not my IP and not even the NIC adapter I'm using. That's an old USB one I used a while back. I'm using the built in one in my Dell laptop. Looks like you've made some excellent software here, but why block IP or mac addresses? Thanks

This is my IP right now:

http://www.iplocation.net/images/tools/HD1.gif   IP Address:   173.225.52.218   Host Name:   173.225.52.218   Host Location:   Rochester, NY United States [more]

and this is my NIC adapter:

http://s23.postimg.org/xpoq2iruz/Capture_Adapters.png

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.