• Developer

Be sure to check out the latest version of Custom Game Toolkit for Rocksmith 2014 (CGT).  Version 1.9.4 is available now.   Look here for more details or just follow my signature link to download.

Create custom inlays, fix game saves and other useful tools.      Permalink - Download Custom Game Toolkit

• Like 5

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I have just ran it for the first time and i think i may have a bug, either that or i misunderstand how it should work.

i have selected the cdlc folder and as i have subfolders within it i ticked the include subfolders.

it has performed the scan and said there are 4932 files within it as it list's each cdlc path as an individual song did i do something wrong is that the way it is supposed to work?

as i still had an old bainies one version 3.63 and had been using that i ran that as a comparison and had something different. So i haven't a clue as to how many i have actually have, i am confident i dont have any dupes but i know i have something killing my scores :(

this is the properties of my dlc folder

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/cdlc%20folder%20properties_zpshvbafnsp.png

screenshot of scan results

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/cdlc%20scan_zps0mahca33.png

bainies

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/bainies_zps73supm7d.png

Apologies if i should not have posted a screen shot of the other version just felt the comparison may help, feel free to delete/modify the post as required.

Kind regards

Doug

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• Developer

@@Bluetac "did i do something wrong is that the way it is supposed to work?"

Screen shots are good.  Results show the tool is working correctly.  If you checked " Include Subfolders" before you selected Parse Folder then the count is correct.  Remember this is a track count.  The file count was shown while the parse was taking place and is no longer displayed.  EDIT: File count remains shown after parsing in newest version.

In order to see the duplicate CDLC that are causing crashes, you should sort the files by GUID first (click on the column header) and then check "Highlight Duplicates".  (There is a tooltip that popped up alerting you that you should do this).  Your current sort (in the screen shot) shows that you are sorting by "Artist" so you are seeing duplicate tracks by Artist. 

Did the tool find any corrupt CDLC?  A message box would have popped up following the "Parse Files" action if you had any.  These will have been moved to "Quarantine CDLC" folder.

Thanks for feedback and question.

EDIT:  Looks like something is wrong with the "Tuning" column  since all you CDLC are showing "Other".  I Do all you CDLC (even those not on screen) show as "Other"? 

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@ "did i do something wrong is that the way it is supposed to work?"

Screen shots are good.  Results show the tool is working correctly.  If you checked " Include Subfolders" before you selected Parse Folder then the count is correct.  Remember this is a track count.  The file count was shown while the parse was taking place and is no longer displayed.

In order to see the duplicate CDLC that are causing crashes, you should sort the files by GUID first (click on the column header) and then check "Highlight Duplicates".  (There is a tooltip that popped up alerting you that you should do this).  Your current sort (in the screen shot) shows that you are sorting by "Artist" so you are seeing duplicate tracks by Artist. 

Did the tool find any corrupt CDLC?  A message box would have popped up following the "Parse Files" action if you had any.  These will have been moved to "Quarantine CDLC" folder.

Thanks for feedback and question.

EDIT:  Looks like something is wrong with the "Tuning" column  since all you CDLC are showing "Other".  I Do all you CDLC (even those not on screen) show as "Other"? 

On the initial run it did find some corrupt tracks and i do have a quarantine folder as a result in C: I have just run it again now , and yes all the tuning says other all the way down the list.

Is there a way to have it highlight only the duplicate files not just different paths of the same cdlc as everything is being highlighted unless it only has the one path .

It seems pointless to list all the current paths of a file then highlight them as duplicates. You just want to know if you have 2 individual files that are the same ?

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• Developer

@Bluetac "You just want to know if you have 2 individual files that are the same ?" 

That's what the tool will do if you click on "GUID" column header before you select "Highlight Duplicates".  Post a screen shot after you do this would be appreciated.

EDIT: the tool can not decide which duplicate file(s) to delete for you so it shows you all duplicates and you have to decide.  (Left click on the duplicate or Left click +Ctrl (multi select) on the duplicates that you want to delete the press the "Delete" button.)

Done :)

No duplicates found, i take it by selecting the GUID column and then asking it to check for duplicates it is searching within that criteria/field only and nothing else.

Still have the issue with the tuning though. could it be due to the quantity of cdlc i have in the folder?

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/CFM%20screenshot%202_zps5vw7dile.png

• Developer

@Bluetac Now you got it working. 

I am unable to reproduce the "Tuning" "Other" issue on my end.  Could be that you have the wrong version of Net 4.0.  Make sure you have Net 4.0.30319.

With as many CDLC as you have there should have been a few corrupt ones.  So how many corrupt CDLC did the tool find for you?  Thanks for feedback.

I am running windows 8.1 and have all the updates including 4.5 of net framework, is there any log files i could send you ?

It had found 9 files

Quarantined CDLC

Creed - My Own Prison V2_p.psarc.bad    4.91 MB (5151699 bytes)
Disturbed - Land of Confusion_p.psarc.bad    4.65 MB (4873406 bytes)
Disturbed - Perfect Insanity_p.psarc.bad    3.33 MB (3489280 bytes)
Disturbed - The Animal_p.psarc.bad    3.39 MB (3553974 bytes)
Faith No More - From out of nowhere_p.psarc.bad    2.40 MB (2515534 bytes)
Stone Sour - 01 Gone Sovereign_p.psarc.bad    3.91 MB (4098568 bytes)
Stone Sour - 02 Absolute Zero_p.psarc.bad    3.95 MB (4144276 bytes)
Stone Sour - 05 Tired_p.psarc.bad    4.20 MB (4404535 bytes)
Stone Sour - 07 82_p.psarc.bad    3.68 MB (3860795 bytes)

• Developer

CGT does not work with NET 4.5.  You need to also install Net 4.0.30319 too.

Should fix the tuning issue you are having.

Thanks for posting corrupt CDLC. @lahelio will be interested in these.

When I get chance I will have a go at re downloading the offending cdlc,s and see if I still have the same issue. I did try to install v4 of net framework but it said I couldn't as I had a later one installed already or words to that effect. I am not at home at the moment so will try again later ☺

EDIT;

Back home now so i tried it again, and the installer is adamant it is already installed, tried the offline file and the web one

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/c5e5dac6-61d9-467e-b412-741880cd4906_zpsjlzdvhmd.png

• Developer

Can't help you there, cause you can't fight MS.  All I know is that CGT will not run under Net 4.5. 

I know what to do to fix tuning issue in the next release so it should not be a problem for you.   Until then, try to download the offline Net 4.0.30319 installer.

running win 8.1 and get this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at Com.StellmanGreene.CSVReader.CSVReader.ReadNextObject()
   at Com.StellmanGreene.CSVReader.CSVReader.ReadRow()
   at Com.StellmanGreene.CSVReader.CSVReader.CreateDataTable(Boolean headerRow)
   at Com.StellmanGreene.CSVReader.CSVReader.ReadCSVFile(String filename, Boolean headerRow, String delimiter)
   at CustomGameToolkit.Statalog.ctrlManager.Csv2DataGrid()
   at CustomGameToolkit.Statalog.ctrlManager.btnDlcDir_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CustomGameToolkit
    Assembly Version: 1.6.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.6.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Rocksmith%20CGT/CustomGameToolkit.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
RocksmithToolkitLib
    Assembly Version: 2.6.1.0
    Win32 Version: 2.6.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Rocksmith%20CGT/RocksmithToolkitLib.DLL
zlib.net
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Rocksmith%20CGT/zlib.net.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 6.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 6.0.4.17603
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Rocksmith%20CGT/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

any ideas?

Happened at the end of the file parse

• Developer

@Bluetac and @bainies

Unfortunately I do not have dev box with Win 8.1 on it to test for you but have a look at this it may help you to get Net 4.0.30319 working as it is needed.  Also check compatibility mode or here for help.

@bainies  How many CDLC are you trying to parse?  May have reached a limit with CSVReader or something?

If you get CGT working on Win 8.1 I would appreciate you posting your fix for others to see.  Thanks

I have tried both the offline installer and the live one to no avail, it wont install. , but it does still run for me under windows 8.1 , will test it on another 8.1 machine and see if i get the same results.

it's trying to parse 1558 files, so not excessive - trying a few things to get it working :)

UPDATE - 

there is one CDLC that it doesn't like - it's an official one from the classical pack, just had to do a process of elimination, halving the DLC on each parse :)

I have used the CDLC renamer on all the DLC files, but it doesn't seem to affect any of the other ones.

Artist;Title;Album;Year;Arrangement;Tuning;BPM;Duration;DD;Notes;GUID;File Name
Johann Sebastian Bach;"Little" Fugue in G minor;Bachsmith;2014;bass;Other;70;04:30;29;430;72D96B8C5D8931B80F17DEB2EA767C64;H:\Rocksmith2014\dlc\1st\2nd\4th\broken\Johann-sebastian-bach_Little-fugue-in-g-minor_v1_DD_p.psarc
Johann Sebastian Bach;"Little" Fugue in G minor;Bachsmith;2014;bass2;Other;120;04:30;23;253;BDB23C98C18C984C7E33F50F9FCB221E;H:\Rocksmith2014\dlc\1st\2nd\4th\broken\Johann-sebastian-bach_Little-fugue-in-g-minor_v1_DD_p.psarc
Johann Sebastian Bach;"Little" Fugue in G minor;Bachsmith;2014;lead;Other;70;04:30;26;912;2B9AAE3A6BE3E339DE9EBDE767635825;H:\Rocksmith2014\dlc\1st\2nd\4th\broken\Johann-sebastian-bach_Little-fugue-in-g-minor_v1_DD_p.psarc
Johann Sebastian Bach;"Little" Fugue in G minor;Bachsmith;2014;rhythm;Other;70;04:30;20;480;C5639FE5243A100ED2669CE41A00270D;H:\Rocksmith2014\dlc\1st\2nd\4th\broken\Johann-sebastian-bach_Little-fugue-in-g-minor_v1_DD_p.psarc

• Developer

@bainies "there is one CDLC that it doesn't like"  Did tool throw error message for the file?   You said you ran renamer.  I can still add exception handler for that file.  What was the name of the file?  I had a couple of official DLC that the tool say's there are no arrangements for.  Is that the error you got?

Also curious how many corrupt CDLC the tool found for you?

I can confirm that after trying the tool on another windows 8.1 machine that i get the same results, same error with the tuning *other* but it does run fine.

@bainies "there is one CDLC that it doesn't like"  Did tool throw error message for the file?   You said you ran renamer.  I can still add exception handler for that file.  What was the name of the file?  I had a couple of official DLC that the tool say's there are no arrangements for.  Is that the error you got?

Also curious how many corrupt CDLC the tool found for you?

the error message is as per the one I put a couple of posts above.  The renamer changes the file name to something more readable, I have tried changing it back to something shorter, but it still errors.

That was the only file that had problems.

As you can see from the other post it finds 4 arrangements in the file, and writes the text file before erroring.

Hey Cozy1, I just saw this thread... as you know, I'm running Win7 64bit and I have .NET v4.5.2.

I can run the tool fine, everything works except for what I read posted above, all the customs have "Other" as the tuning.

Apart from that, the game save features, the inlays, etc., everything works as it should.

Just thought you would like to know. :)

• Developer

@Kaijin  As always, your feedback is really appreciated.  Hope all is good for you.

@Kaijin, @Bluetac and @bainies  I just upload a new version of CGT that should fix any issues you were having, including the one with tuning "Other".  The new version will also put all duplicates at the top of the table so that you don't have to scroll down much to find and remove duplicates.   As you find corrupt CDLC you may want to post them for @lahelio so he can add them to his list of crashers and jammers.  The new version of CGT provides much more detailed information about corrupt CDLC than ever before.

Edit:  @lahelio the new CST CDLC error messages includes specific details about what makes the CDLC corrupt.  I remember you had questions about this in past.

• Like 3

Everything is ok, thanks a lot for all your work on the toolkit, it's extremely useful. :)

I just downloaded v1.6.2, and after 5-10 minutes testing, I didn't find anything wrong, all that I did worked perfectly.

As I said before, my PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I have .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed, as shown in the pic below.....

http://s6.postimg.org/4orbvn7ip/screenshot_37.png

I have 220 files in my dlc folder, the toolkit read them all without showing any corrupted file or duplicates and it shows all the known and correct tunings......

http://s6.postimg.org/i6y87xjo1/screenshot_38.png

As far as I'm concerned, v1.6.2 is working flawlessly. :D

• Like 1

• Developer

@Kaijin  Awesome feedback.  Thanks

• Like 1

Working well for me too, cheers :)

A couple of things though -

the identify duplicates seems to identify tracks as duplicate if they are in the same file, for example the lead and bass of a track are duplicates.  Would it be possible to show only tracks that are duplicate but in different physical files?

If you try to parse a second time the program grinds to a halt, something that from memory I faced when I wrote my file manager.  I was using an append so at every read the program would slow down as it needed to read in an ever increasing file to work out where to append to. 

The sort when highlighting duplicates sometimes goes wrong, I have screenshotted an example below:

https://mega.co.nz/#!vVcR1KhI!QsCskWHmMm9SmyQ7s1OBlnr1ULziP0Qoj-sGdvhlES0

https://mega.co.nz/#!WJdCGIYA!h-wCdycYYGKGxith_a3VjsiIL9TZ0r-xsC7lBeeBwqQ

• Developer

@bainies Thanks for feedback.

"Would it be possible to show only tracks that are duplicate but in different physical files?"  Maybe but there is a reason for showing them all.  As an example you may decide to delete the vers 1 of a file instead of the vers 2.  Or maybey you like the DropD version better than the standard tuning version.  So more information is better and should give you more choices.  To simplify deleting duplicates, you only have to select one of arrangements for a given file name to delete them all.  

"If you try to parse a second time the program grinds to a halt."  I will take a look, could be a memory leak.

That is what I meant - it identifies the same file as a duplicate of itself.  So any file with more than one arrangement in the same physical file is shown as a duplicate.  When i run it on my DLC directory for example  4494 tracks found 3830 duplicates