How to make PC CDLCs for Rocksmith 2014 tutorial w/screenshots by Darjusz

Darjusz

• 1 month later...

I just created a Bass track to test this, but when i get to the tuner in game, I have the following problem: the tuner says my bass is tuned an octave too high, while it's not. I need to play the song on my 5-string in the Bb Eb Ab Gb tuning. I'm now wondering what i did wrong...

If you're interested: the song is Come to life by Alter Bridge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

woah Darjusz! this helped a lot! T H A N K S

can't believe i've just played my own first custom...out of sync, and without a tone...but man, i got a stiff!

just need some help from you or some kind users:

1)i know i got too look deep in EOF tutorials, but for now: my song it's in sync at the beginning but somewhere on the road goes off.

how i'm supposed to move forward aaaaall the notes from a certain point? hope it's clear, no need to move only one note but all from half till the end.

and it's only me or the EDF crash and cannot be closed once the work is done?

2) where did i find the tones RS use? i've checked in steam/steamapps/RS2014 ecc. but no clue.

and seems that the default one put in the toolkit doesn't work, cause mine CDLC gave me RS tone crash...

woah Darjusz! this helped a lot! T H A N K S

can't believe i've just played my own first custom...out of sync, and without a tone...but man, i got a stiff!

just need some help from you or some kind users:

1)i know i got too look deep in EOF tutorials, but for now: my song it's in sync at the beginning but somewhere on the road goes off.

how i'm supposed to move forward aaaaall the notes from a certain point? hope it's clear, no need to move only one note but all from half till the end.

and it's only me or the EDF crash and cannot be closed once the work is done?

2) where did i find the tones RS use? i've checked in steam/steamapps/RS2014 ecc. but no clue.

and seems that the default one put in the toolkit doesn't work, cause mine CDLC gave me RS tone crash...

1) For syncing, you absolutely cannot trust the listed BPM to be correct (and if it is for part of the song, it might not be for the whole song). Sometimes bands do play to click tracks, but you shouldn't bet on that going in. In order for best results, you need to make sure each beat marker in the EoF file is near the corresponding beat in the song by clicking and dragging it if necessary (you usually won't have to move every one, but maybe every few measures if the bpm is reasonably close to the average). The notes should follow along with the beat markers after you drag them. Some aids to syncing are the waveform graph, the claps and metronome functions (sometimes these aren't really synced with the audio if your computer isn't powerful, so be careful relying solely on them), and the spectrogram graph.

2) From the Rocksmith Toolkit you can get tones from any .psarc in your library via the "Import" option next to tones in the "Creator" pane of the Toolkit. There's also a collection of tones used in official songs that's floating around somewhere, but I don't have the link at the moment.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• 2 weeks later...

looking again for help...

if it's the wrong place, please redirect me!

ok, i'm trying hard these days to put togheter some decent cdlc, and all the process goes smooth.

i'm figuring out how to select notes/chords, how to edit them, etc... and hope to improve my skills.

but my main problem is with EOF:

when i finish a custom i cannot close EOF, gotta restart my pc. and when i re-open gotta set preferences again...

and when i try to load an old project it says: "OGG sampling rate is not 44.1 khz. song my not play back at the correct speed in FOF".

and it load the song but NOT the chart i've worked on.

so got to restart from scratch...annoying...

@@Kamkari13, Toolkit related issues should be reported at Toolkit forum, but I monitor whole site to catchup guys like you, I need your version of wwise, try to dl a fresh copy of it, reproduce this error, check if you've got wwise folder in toolkit folder, than validate it has .cache\windows\SFX folder

@@masaru EOF might not have the right to edit the .ini file where it is try giving it admin right or moving it to another place.

thanks for your answer, Firekorn.

now, let's pretend i'd understood what you talking about... :unsure:

how could i fix this?

• Administrator

Some folder inside your PC might be protected in writing to avoid unauthorized element to change important things (mostly inside your system partition aka "C:"). If EOF is stored in one of those folder (the program folder is one of them) without administrator right, it won't have the authorization to write in some of his own file like the .ini where it store all of his settings.

To avoid that issue either start EOF with the administrator right (right click on EOF and then choose "start with administrator right". Note that depending on your user account on windows you might not have the right to do that and you will mostly have a UAC prompt asking you to confirm that decision.

Or you can also move EOF folder outside of those limited folder like your document to avoid needing the administrator right to modify some file.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2) There's no instructions on if I wanted to tab a song myself. Currently it only instructs me on how to take someone else's Guitar Pro file and go with that. That's a lazy way to do it and leads to bad customs (because online tabs are often bad) - the tutorial should help people to correct or improve the notes, or make new ones from scratch.

I'm trying out my very first custom, and I'm running into the same problem. I don't have Guitar Pro, and the tab I'm interested in is not available on any sites for it as far as I can tell. When I tried a different song that I was able to download a GP tab for, the notes were way off and I tried shifting them a bit, but I don't know that I made it better...I did set the BPM but there are a bunch of notes after the song finishes.

I'll be honest, I definitely want to do this, but I feel like I need some very basic directions on how to get started. I've got the technical stuff down, at least for the first part of it...but when it comes to the actual creation of the CDLC, I really have no idea what to do. I'll check out some of the video tutorials, but if anyone can recommend some that are particularly clear in going step by step by step and assume that the viewer is starting from a point of zero knowledge, that would be great. Mainly I really want to know how to do CDLCs of songs that are not on Guitar Pro...there are a lot of obscure songs I'd love to tackle and I'm able to write my own tabs but not in a format that appears to be compatible with EoF.

ETA: Not that it makes a difference...or does it?...but I'm trying to create CDLCs for bass, not guitar.

Edit: I think I see where part of the confusion is coming in...the first post mentions a section about getting tabs and album art, but it appears to be edited out. But I'm looking around for more.

@@anthontherun - If you don't have guitar pro, I'd recommend getting Tuxguitar. You'll need a plug-in to open .gpx (guitar pro 6) files, but it's free and pretty much all you need to make a GP file if there aren't tabs (though it's definitely not as nice as GP6).

By the way, what format are you authoring your tabs in? Text, or a score editing program?

While I'd recommend doing that if you want to get into charting no matter what, you can also author the tab directly into EoF by placing notes, editing them to your liking, then copy/pasting, and so on. I think it's easier to do that type of stuff in a GP file as it's easier to get a "big picture" view, but it's definitely possible to do it in EoF.

As for tabs that you can find on the net, some authors don't pay much attention to tempo, or there may have been big tempo changes later on that you didn't account for. Either way, you should never expect the tempo listed there to fit perfectly, just as you shouldn't expect that you won't have to make any modifications to the tab to get a perfect note-for-note chart of what's played in the song.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@albatross213 First off, thank you for the Tuxguitar recommendation! I'm a bit of a newbie to playing in general, so my tabs are incredibly basic--I've been using Power Tab but I admittedly have not done anything with tempos or even keeping them on beat (I'm mainly trying to isolate the bass riff and keep it slow so I can build up some muscle memory).

I think my concern was that this tutorial (while very helpful in getting everything set up) just goes from "Now you will have to listen to song in EoF and check if notes are properly aligned. If so, we can move further on" without covering the more likely even that the notes are not properly aligned. So I wasn't really sure how to correct that (and I'm still not, but I see there are some tutorials specifically on that).

I'm gonna try to take it one step at a time and construct a solid tab in Tuxguitar and see if that leads to better results. I'm also in the process of watching this video in the hopes that it will cover what I need. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I've gone through all the tutorial videos on YouTube and read whatever I could online about creating custom DLC's looking for how I can add RR / DD to existing CDLC's that I've downloaded that don't have them already added. There are a handful of songs where I want to work on Guitar Solo's and riffs, etc,,, over and over with Riff Repeater and I don't have any idea how to add that option. I figured out how to add DD to them, thinking that would also set sections (or whatever they are called in RS). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please advise. Thanks in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, THANK YOU for the great tutorial!

I've managed to create a cDLC of a random song I doodled in Guitar Pro for the bass but there's one thing I can't seem to find anywhere:

Is there a way to make the camera in-game display only 4-5 frets instead of zooming out to display too many?

I've got a slide from the 19th fret down to 0, and because of that one slide all song is played while the camera's zoomed out.

Thanks once again for this tutorial! It's awesome!

@ split it in sections select beat marker and hit shift+S, select desired name for section, don't forget to set "also add Phrase.." checkbox noobie way but you'll get fine sight now :D

also you can set faster scrollSpeed in toolkit

• Like 1

@@Alex360 Thanks, I've got the process started and split the sections. Unfortunately I've stumbled upon something else. I've got two errors when I try to save the file in EoF, here's the pics:

http://i.imgur.com/1nN6Fpx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7S29Axb.jpg

Any ideas what I've done wrong? Because I've cleared the Fret Hand Position list several times, re-do all the steps.

Hell, I've even tried going through the whole process of the tutorial and still got these.

I did get a prompt when I've imported the Guitar Pro file, something about importing the time signature if my memory doesn't fail me.

PS: Sorry mods if I'm posting in the wrong thread, I thought that this being a tutorial it might also help others.

@, k first one, go to beat>push offset back and do it what your time signature says 4 or else, also you shouldn't place any sections there, eof will add it automatically as for FHPs you can relax I always do autogenerate for FHPs so you can ignor this notice for now