How to make PC CDLCs for Rocksmith 2014 tutorial w/screenshots by Darjusz

Darjusz

As a beginner it would have made life a lot easier if someone had explained how the anchor tool works in EOF. I think you should also add the sonic visualizer method to your tutorial: http://customsforge.com/topic/2393-how-to-get-beat-map/?hl=sonic

For any song where there isn't a strict metronome beat throughout the song (ala any song from 90s or earlier) it is the only sane way to get a guitar pro tab to line up with the song without hours of painstaking work. I would also recommend that a user starts with the bass track as it's easier to line up and usually travels the length of  a song in a repetitive manner that's easier to anchor with a song.

Inside EOF there is a tutorial under the Help menu which covers a lot of this ground. I would recommend that anyone new to EOF read that tutorial first.

Also I'm trying to add multiple tones to a track, it would be great if this could be added to your tutorial.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love this tutorial but what happens when the notes don't all line up? I got the first part lined up and when scrolling through song and playing it the other ones aren't lined up. Isn't there an easier way then going to every note and sliding them? Thanks

I

I attemted creating a custom once, just wanted to give something back after downloading the songs that other good folk had posted here. I got as far as the notes - the first lined up then all the rest out of sync - a mamouth!! - thats about as far as I got... It seemed enough work as it was, without moving each individual note as it takes ages to get just a small number exact..

@@Darjusz If its simply the guitar pro tab thats out, I might just give it another shot looking for different songs/tabs. well done on the tut, and thanks.. :)

• 1 month later...

I cannot add mp3 support in EoF. Tells me to install Lame and Vorbis tools. Working on Windows7 64 bit. Anyone have a clue to solve this?

Using EoF 1.8RC10 (r1359)

I have also tried converting my mp3 file to .ogg format, but I get an error 6 when EoF tries to re-encode it.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to contribute some charts.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to do a little contribution, so I writed a batch code that creates the directory structure, is more easy. You can paste it in a plain text file and save as "All files" in the notepad as CreateDir.bat, then just click in that (maybe will be necessary run as administrator), and the structure will be ready:

MKDIR C:\MyRS14Customs
MKDIR C:\MyRS14Customs\Working
MKDIR C:\MyRS14Customs\Working\RST
MKDIR C:\MyRS14Customs\Working\EoF
MKDIR C:\MyRS14Customs\Installers\RST
MKDIR C:\MyRS14Customs\Installers\EoF
MKDIR C:\MyRS14Customs\Installers\WWise
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

@assbecile4 http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/345/169/bc7.png

The thing is that everyone here is a contributor. If it weren't you each single CDLC wouldn't be created. I just followed Septic's video guide and cleaned it up a little bit  ;)

EVERYONE KNOWS SOMETHING YOU DON’T, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP, LISTEN, AND LEARN. AND IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING, DO IT RIGHT.

• 3 weeks later...

Great tutorial, thanks! Helped me into creating my first custom.

I have only two complaints:

1) In the first post, you should clarify what is needed regarding WWise. (Authoring binaries only or some of the SDK stuff? I'm guessing the authoring binaries are enough and you don't have to register?) Registering etc. with them is a pretty big pain in the ass, and it's pointless hassle to install tons of their stuff if it isn't actually needed.

2) There's no instructions on if I wanted to tab a song myself. Currently it only instructs me on how to take someone else's Guitar Pro file and go with that. That's a lazy way to do it and leads to bad customs (because online tabs are often bad) - the tutorial should help people to correct or improve the notes, or make new ones from scratch.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Same problem here ! help appreciated! EoF does not seem to generate the XML I need to go to the Toolkit last step! 

J

I don't get PART rEAL files.

What am I doing wrong, or isn't this a problem.

And also I dont get the song wav, only the preview wav

lease helpthis newby....

**Edited by @ForgeOn: removed extremely long unnecessary quote of the tutorial.

OMG I got it to work!!!! I am so excited!!!! Just made 2 CLDC for bass, it was a stupid glitch and now im able to do it!!!! SO happy!!

I have been struggling for days to get a CDLC out. Just got it all working great! I was so close to giving up too! Turns out the instruction shad a bunch of garbled htm in them and i could not decipher the .cache instructions, so i was grabbing the wem files from the wrong spot! Now its all great!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tutorial.  I like this one a lot better than the video one.   But, maybe you could eplain more stuff?  Ex.  I have guitar pro 6 and it would not import a file in that format so I saved it as a MIDI and imported it that way.    I just started trying to do a custom so maybe I'm just being a nubie...