An idea I had - Bounties

facepoppies

Question

So I noticed this site runs on donations.

Well, I had an idea for a way to get donations and cdlcs at the same time. I'm no genius, so this might be the dumbest thing ever thought of, but here goes -

How about a system where people like me can put bounties on cdlcs that we want somebody who's really good at making cdlcs to create.

For instance, I really want somebody to make Rocket by Smashing Pumpkins (seriously, I've checked this place every day for over a year now and it still hasn't been made), so I would put a bounty on it. And when somebody made it, that bounty would automatically go towards a donation for the site.

A minimum initial bounty could be something like $5, and then people who also want that song to get made could add on to the bounty in $1 increments.

This way, there would be more of a reason for CDLC creators to make songs that people want.

I dunno, just a thought.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

As a college student, money is hard to come by, and when I do get free time, I make only customs I want to make. I would enjoy this idea because until I can donate I do feel like I am leeching from this site a bit. Anything I can do to help that is a check in my book. As long as the money would go directly toward the site and not to the charters I would be happy.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

I don't think that admins would like any kind of connection: cdlc made=money for the site. It would be too much of "paying for cdlc"-esque. It's either crossing the line, or going uncomfortably close to it.

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I don't think that admins would like any kind of connection: cdlc made=money for the site. It would be too much of "paying for cdlc"-esque. It's either crossing the line, or going uncomfortably close to it.

I don't think it's even close to close.  Mentioning that you should donate to this site because you get customs is close to the line.  This leaps over it in my opinion.

Well, i dont want to be sound Stupid or rude, but that wouldn't be legal, it would be agains the Copyright Law, also agains the board Rules.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976; Allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. No copyright infringement intended!

Like the quote say, Copyright thing also it's something u can see at every Record Page here at this site. If Ubisoft woudl recognize that some CDLC made for money what do u think what could happen? Or what do u think what the Record Lables would say to it, that we sell there music without there permission.

I don't like the idea. It would feel like you have to pay for someone to make the CDLCs. But I wonder if is possible to make a pay what you want in already made CDLCs. Like I find a very good CDLC I like so I donate 1$ in the record page. Whatever I donate would go to the community obviously, but in the record page it would show how much money people have donated for each CDLC, and there could be a ranking of Charters and donations they gets for his works.

I think it would be good idea, we could see how the charters are "the core of the community" and how they get money for the community with his work.

But it's just an idea, I don't know if it's possible or legal.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can undertand what I mean.

Well Laro, i dont know the Law's of every single country, but i can tell u this. As long the donation are complete free and only for the community we are on a save site. But when we make a free donation system for every CDLC it could be a problem, because this site makes more money that it needed to stay alive. And one Rule here is to to adhere to the rules, in this case only do legal things. But this would be end automaticly when this site makes money with CDLC, because this would be agains the copyright law's:

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976; Allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. No copyright infringement intended!

• Like 1

Welp, I helped one guy from chat with installing cdlcs and he said he'll donate to this site asap, and he did it at weekend :lol:

You may just motivate users to donate more with good customs and warm attitude.

Anyway, It's impossible to force charters to work on song they doesn't like\want, because of this factor all requests in requests DB is about recommendation-only, for those who not sure what song from his favs to chart next :P

No need in donations to the songs, if you want to donate, hire musician and get accurate tabs or the song you'd like(just suggesting), then share it with charter (or learn yourself finally) who will put thing together for you. If no tabs available it's nearly impossible to chart a song, you still need to note track lot's of things by your own, so "finding" accurate tablature for intermediate charter = huge donation, that also rises chances that you'll get it faster ingame than just cold, donating to the virtual thing which won't help much(on getting things faster), It'll help CF to expand\live longer, but won't boost chances for a quick cdlc creation, sorry.

I hope I hit some points :P

• Like 1